Romney, HOLY CRAP

He did it in Massachusetts I see no reason why couldn't do it again he sure couldn't do any worse in reaching across the aisle than Obama has.

no he didn't,he had almost 800 vetoes and refused to ride the elevator with legislators.

Got a link for that claim?

How often were Mitt Romney's Massachusetts vetoes overridden? | masslive.com

So how often were Romney’s vetoes upheld?

This issue was examined by several media agencies during Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign – and the answer is, rarely, given the heavily Democratic legislature that Romney faced in Massachusetts.

Factcheck.org reported, based on an independently-obtained list of veto override votes, that out of more than 800 budget line-item vetoes during Romney’s four years as governor, 707 were overridden. A separate Factcheck.org post put the exact number of Romney’s vetoes at 844 – and noted that “more than 700” were overridden.

The Boston Globe reported that in 100 instances Democrats did not challenge Romney and his vetoes stood. In cases when the Senate challenged him, Romney was overridden every time. When the House challenged him, Romney was overridden more than 99 percent of time, the Globe reported, based on statistics from the House minority leader’s office

no he didn't,he had almost 800 vetoes and refused to ride the elevator with legislators.

Got a link for that claim?

How often were Mitt Romney's Massachusetts vetoes overridden? | masslive.com

So how often were Romney’s vetoes upheld?

This issue was examined by several media agencies during Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign – and the answer is, rarely, given the heavily Democratic legislature that Romney faced in Massachusetts.

Factcheck.org reported, based on an independently-obtained list of veto override votes, that out of more than 800 budget line-item vetoes during Romney’s four years as governor, 707 were overridden. A separate Factcheck.org post put the exact number of Romney’s vetoes at 844 – and noted that “more than 700” were overridden.

The Boston Globe reported that in 100 instances Democrats did not challenge Romney and his vetoes stood. In cases when the Senate challenged him, Romney was overridden every time. When the House challenged him, Romney was overridden more than 99 percent of time, the Globe reported, based on statistics from the House minority leader’s office

whoa, wonder why the press didn't hold this back? sorry sarcasm from another thread.
and your point is what?

As long as Democrats agree to our terms we will work with them. They drove the car half off the cliff and Romney is the tow truck. If Dems start squawking and jumping up and down as we're rescuing the economy, we might gave to pitch a few overboard

Last edited:
As long as Democrats agree to our terms we will work with them. They drove the car half off the cliff and Romney is the tow truck. If Dems start squawking and jumping up and down as we're rescuing the economy, we might gave to pitch a few overboard

we better get ready to start pitching

Mitt Romney is socially left of center. I know this for a fact.

He is also far more knowledgeable in economics and isn't going to split this country like Obama is doing. This is good.

So can I mark you down as an enthusiastic supporter of Romney's promise to reach across the aisle?

Yep,

I expect Romney will turn the Republican party into the grand-gay party. He will likely kill the defense of marriage act and sign amnesty for illegals.

You couldn't convince me that he's sociallly conservative if you tried.

Yet, he's our best choice for president. :eusa_shhh:

Your assuming congress would give him those bills to sign, don't see that happening. They would less popular than Maobamacare.

Romney is a Moderate you fucking clueless left wing Hack.

Is he?

compared to Obama he is...

"I fought against long odds in a deep blue state, but I was a severely conservative Republican governor," Romney said in a boast to attendees of this year's Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C.
Romney boasts of 'severely conservative' record in CPAC speech - NBC Politics

He did it in Massachusetts I see no reason why couldn't do it again he sure couldn't do any worse in reaching across the aisle than Obama has.

He did it in MA. Sure. That's why he vetoed 800 bills passed by a Democrat-controlled legislature.

He did it in MA. Sure. That's why he vetoed 800 bills passed by a Democrat-controlled legislature.

good for him..Too bad your dear leader didn't know what a veto was by his Democrat controlled legislature..we wouldn't have that MONSTER Government PROGRAM your grandchildren will get to pay for, ObamaCare
of course the dear leader is proud to have your grandchildren on the hook for that...you all explain that one to them

Last edited:

good for him..Too bad your dear leader didn't know what a veto was by his Democrat controlled legislature..we wouldn't have that MONSTER Government PROGRAM your grandchildren will get to pay for, ObamaCare
of course the dear leader is proud to have your grandchildren on the hook for that...you all explain that one to them

Did you want to actually address my comment, or are you more interested in throwing up talking points? And bad ones at that.

Did you want to actually address my comment, or are you more interested in throwing up talking points? And bad ones at that.

I DID...but you love the rubber stamping obama did for his Democrat controlled legislature..so I'm done with you

As opposed to Obama who promised to bring everyone together and reach across the isle 4 years ago....

:eusa_shhh:
that's not his FAULT either...NOTHING IS...the man is blameless and has no RESPONSIBLILTY for NOTHING..
Oh but he did kill Bin Laden

Well, a GOP policy of obstructionism from the day of his inauguration certainly didn't help.

please spare us...the man had TWO YEARS before the PEOPLE gave the house to Republicans and what did he give us?
ObamaCare over JOBS, and a 800BILLION stimulus that DID nothing but put us deeper in dept..that tale just isn't flying anymore...

Translation: We will work with Democrats as long as they do everything we say without argument.

Why do you hate democracy, Frank?

Wow ur retarded, no the fuck he did not, go educate your self on romney as gov. He shit the bed big time.

hes lying and everyone knows it

I wasn't aware you spoke for everyone.

So when he works out a bi-partisan compromise budget deal that has both spending cuts and tax increases, he'll be praised on the Right for his ability to reach across the aisle??

I'm guessing 'no'.

If he works out a deal, it will be real spending cuts coupled with his tax reforms. Many of the reasonably sane Democrats will jump on the bandwagon.

Forum List

Back