Romney Goes Anti-Women

They won't.

You seem stuck on this idea that Obamacare will provide free services to everyone, everywhere. It won't.
Medicare under Obamacare is significantly expanded to cove higher incomes, and lower income persons making over the new higher income limit for medicare have their healthcare subsidized.

So, again, why would we pay for the same services twice?

Because subsidized does not mean free.
Of course it doesn't. But, their insurance - required (and subsidized) - makes the services provided by PP no cost. Except, perhaps, abortion.

So, again, why should the taxpayers pay for the same service twice?

Stretching it a bit, aren't we? I'm a woman and I think PP is a dishonest organization and I question their motives.

The far left mantra is always that you are anti this or that if you don't fund it and give it special treatment.

If you are against labor racketeers, then you are against the working man. If you are against demagogues, then you are against democracy. If you are against Christianity, then you are against God. If you are against trying a can of old Dr. Quack's Cancer Salve, then you are in favor of letting Uncle Julius die.

H. L. Mencken - "The Citizen and the State"

So unless the federal government funds planned parenthood, we are anti-women? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

If planned parenthood is so important and vital to our community, why are you unable to provide any private charitable support for it? Why does it have to be funded by the government?

And please stop pretending that there arent a large group of women who likewise oppose federal funding to planned parenthood.

Mitt Romney On Planned Parenthood: We Will 'Get Rid' Of It

"Of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one, but there are others," he said. "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that."
Ok. I would expect Romney to say something about not funding abortions or some such statement. But to completely de-fund Planned Parenthood is just a stupid move politically. Just because a woman is against abortion, doesn't mean she is also against prenatal care and cancer screenings.

I don't think this will play well at all.

Not to worry, he'll forget all about this after he gets the nomination.

"Of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one, but there are others," he said. "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that."
Ok. I would expect Romney to say something about not funding abortions or some such statement. But to completely de-fund Planned Parenthood is just a stupid move politically. Just because a woman is against abortion, doesn't mean she is also against prenatal care and cancer screenings.

don't worry... he'll say he never said it. he's kind of like the weather in some places. if you don't like it at the moment, wait a little while, it will change.

There was backlash on that one already. Is he trying to lose this election?

:lol:

Obamacare takes care of the services PP provides. The Dems going after this is going to be funny - of course the Dems want to pay for a needless service.

Obamacare takes care of the services PP provides. The Dems going after this is going to be funny - of course the Dems want to pay for a needless service.

The Dems are going after a lot of Romney policies., if he finally decides on some. Santorum and Romney have this penchant for bringing criticism on themselves.

FYI. the current crop are going after Obamacare too in case you hadn't been watching.

The Dems are going after a lot of Romney policies., if he finally decides on some. Santorum and Romney have this penchant for bringing criticism on themselves.

FYI. the current crop are going after Obamacare too in case you hadn't been watching.
I fully urge the Dems to criticize Romney on this. It shows how much they like to waste money.

"Let's pay for TWO programs that provide the SAME service." So Democratic Party. :lol:

Personally, I prefer that PP survive rather than O-care, but if O-care isn't going anywhere, then PP can go. With O-care, PP is irrelevant.

Somehow libs seem to assume that all women are pro-abortion. We aren't . We don't want to pay for abortions or fund the smarmy activities of Planned Parenthood. Good riddance.

Somehow libs seem to assume that all women are pro-abortion. We aren't . We don't want to pay for abortions or fund the smarmy activities of Planned Parenthood. Good riddance.
I'm not pro-abortion, but I am pro-Choice. The abortion aspect of PP is pretty irrelevant as there is already law that does not allow for federal funding of elective abortions.

So unless the federal government funds planned parenthood, we are anti-women? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

If planned parenthood is so important and vital to our community, why are you unable to provide any private charitable support for it? Why does it have to be funded by the government?

And please stop pretending that there arent a large group of women who likewise oppose federal funding to planned parenthood.

Fact check required.

Pay for your own birth control or don't have sex. Sheesh.
No one will ever have to pay for their own BC under O-care. Everyone is required to have insurance, and much of it will be subsidized, some even fully. And, under O-care, there is zero cost-sharing for BC and other 'woman wellness' treatment and procedure.

PP is obsolete as a provider of BC and other 'woman wellness' programs to low income persons, or any persons, under O-care.

Romney is spot on - we should cut out duplicate spending. It is waste.

To "plan" one's parenthood is apparently a bad thing.

I think this thread needs more examples of just how far the right has gone on Planned Parenthood, contraception and Title X...

"It is clear that the domestic family planning services supported by the Federal Government should be expanded and better integrated. It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition." ~ Richard Nixon

“I introduced legislation earlier this year which would provide federal funds for research in family planning devices and increased services to people who need them but cannot afford them. We must help our young people become aware of the fact that families can be planned and that there are benefits economically and socially to be derived from small families.” ("George Bush to Mrs. Jim Hunter, Jr., Oct. 23, 1970" [Virginia B. Whitehill Papers, DeGolyer Library, Southern Methodist University].)

Goldwater supported Planned Parenthood. George H.W. Bush supported Planned Parenthood. Every administration since Nixon has funded Planned Parenthood.

WTF, over?

To "plan" one's parenthood is apparently a bad thing.
Rather paying twice for the same service is stupid.

I think this thread needs more examples of just how far the right has gone on Planned Parenthood, contraception and Title X...

"It is clear that the domestic family planning services supported by the Federal Government should be expanded and better integrated. It is my view that no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition." ~ Richard Nixon

“I introduced legislation earlier this year which would provide federal funds for research in family planning devices and increased services to people who need them but cannot afford them. We must help our young people become aware of the fact that families can be planned and that there are benefits economically and socially to be derived from small families.” ("George Bush to Mrs. Jim Hunter, Jr., Oct. 23, 1970" [Virginia B. Whitehill Papers, DeGolyer Library, Southern Methodist University].)

Goldwater supported Planned Parenthood. George H.W. Bush supported Planned Parenthood. Every administration since Nixon has funded Planned Parenthood.

WTF, over?
Indeed. WTF?

O-care already will cover all the services (except abortion) that PP provides. How dare Romney want to eliminate duplicate spending. He obviously hates women because of that.

The HuffPo once again gets it wrong, and those who refuse to think for themselves believe it.

:rolleyes:

Pay for your own birth control or don't have sex. Sheesh.
No one will ever have to pay for their own BC under O-care. Everyone is required to have insurance, and much of it will be subsidized, some even fully. And, under O-care, there is zero cost-sharing for BC and other 'woman wellness' treatment and procedure.

PP is obsolete as a provider of BC and other 'woman wellness' programs to low income persons, or any persons, under O-care.

Romney is spot on - we should cut out duplicate spending. It is waste.

If under Obamacare, preventive screenings and birth control are covered, the only other service that Planned Parenthood provides are abortions. How will democrats justify funding it then?

Forum List

Back