Romney Goes Anti-Women

Mitt Romney On Planned Parenthood: We Will 'Get Rid' Of It

"Of course you get rid of Obamacare, that's the easy one, but there are others," he said. "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that."
Ok. I would expect Romney to say something about not funding abortions or some such statement. But to completely de-fund Planned Parenthood is just a stupid move politically. Just because a woman is against abortion, doesn't mean she is also against prenatal care and cancer screenings.

I don't think this will play well at all.

You should have just stopped at I don't think... Personally, nobody cares if planned Parenthood sticks around... we just object to taxpayers subsidizing it.

Nobody "needs" Planned Parenthood. If you are going to engage in sex, then protect yourself with your own money. If you can't afford it, then keep your pants zipped because you shouldn't be having sex at all if you aren't prepared to deal with the possible ramifications of doing so.

Talk about stupid, the radical left actually thinks the organization formerly known as the eugenics movement which was once embraced by Hitler, represents American women.
you do understand the difference between eugenics and birth control right?

You understand the lack of difference between eugenics and abortion right? And planned parenthood is all about abortion.

The point is: Do you want to BORROW money from China to fund Planned Parenthood when we already have programs for the poor--that would include the exact same services that Planned Parenthood does?

I don't.

But then I believe in people providing charity for one another. Not government programs. I'm more Ebeneezer Scrooge post-repentence.

Romney wants to eliminate both Obamacare and defund Planned Parenthood. Which leaves what options exactly?

The obvious one: You pay for it yourself.

However, if you think it's vitally important that Planned Parenthood continue it's efforts, there is absolutely no one preventing you from donating to them.

And again, the point is not whether YOU, personally, think Planned Parenthood should be funded. It is a stupid move politically for Romney. I've yet to see anyone in this thread challenge that.

Then you are completely out of touch with reality because everyone who has responded to you, including the post you just responded to, has challenged your assertion that it's a stupid move.

Why on earth do we need to DUPLICATE programs?

Because clearly it's not destroying the nation quickly enough be being efficient. Not only do we need unconstitutional programs, we need multiple unconstitutional programs doing the same exact thing.

Gee, I wonder how I planned my parenthood without ever walking into a PP office or taking one dime from the feds for doing so? :confused:

You did what most responsible people have done for thousands of years. You used your brain.

He's simply saying Planned Parenthood is bogus and needs to do what it was designed for.

Considering Planned Parenthood was designed to eliminate the poor and lower races of humanity, I sincerely hope he isnt saying that.

He's simply saying Planned Parenthood is bogus and needs to do what it was designed for.

Considering Planned Parenthood was designed to eliminate the poor and lower races of humanity, I sincerely hope he isnt saying that.

That is what it has become.

Who decided that an abortion is a preferred method over keeping your baby or putting it up for adoption?

Liberals.

They suggest you off the kid rather than help council you on how to take care of it.

Who decided that an abortion is a preferred method over keeping your baby or putting it up for adoption?

Rape victims maybe?

But again, you all are ignoring the point of this thread. It doesn't matter if YOU personally think Planned Parenthood should get money or not. How is announcing you want to cut funding going to win over Independent voters? It won't. It will push them away.

This is a bad move for Romney, and not one of you is challenging that.

I'll not go hating on the OP because I do understand the premise.

But... and that's a big butt... if Romney had proposed de-funding the abortion services of PP but keeping its other services then yeah I could dig that.
Planned Parenthood claims that only 3% of their funding goes toward abortion services. Most of PP funds comes from it's 700,000 donors. If the government were to reduce the funding that goes to abortion services, PP would easily make up the difference from private donors. IMHO, if Congress were to reduce their funds, PP would collect more donations and could actually expand their abortion services. So reducing their federal funds may not have the intended effect.

Last edited:

That is what it has become.

Liberals.

They suggest you off the kid rather than help council you on how to take care of it.

Actually, that's what it was specifically designed for. PP Founder wanted to eliminate the weaker of the species, specifically the poor and minorities.

I'll not go hating on the OP because I do understand the premise.

But... and that's a big butt... if Romney had proposed de-funding the abortion services of PP but keeping its other services then yeah I could dig that.
Planned Parenthood claims that only 3% of their funding goes toward abortion services. Most of PP funds comes from it's 700,000 donors. If the government were to reduce the funding that goes to abortion services, PP would easily make up the difference from private donors. IMHO, if Congress were to reduce their funds, PP would collect more donations and could actually expand their abortion services. So reducing their federal funds may not have the intended effect.

Which is what?

If the intended effect is to attract undecided and independent voters, then I think Romney is failing.

Pay for your own birth control or don't have sex. Sheesh.
No one will ever have to pay for their own BC under O-care. Everyone is required to have insurance, and much of it will be subsidized, some even fully. And, under O-care, there is zero cost-sharing for BC and other 'woman wellness' treatment and procedure.

PP is obsolete as a provider of BC and other 'woman wellness' programs to low income persons, or any persons, under O-care.

Romney is spot on - we should cut out duplicate spending. It is waste.

You seem to have forgotten that Romney is also going to get rid of Obamacare.

Think before you post.

Romney said Obamacare was going to be easy to get rid of. What they want to do is get rid of PP under the guise that we are getting double dipped and then go after Obamacare.

Either way, it isn't going to work. PP isn't going anywhere.

Gee, I wonder how I planned my parenthood without ever walking into a PP office or taking one dime from the feds for doing so? :confused:

You did what most responsible people have done for thousands of years. You used your brain.

If she is practicing her religion, she actually didn't do anything but let nature take it's course. There was no planning unless she abstained from sex.

Planned Parenthood is information. It's services are there for any woman.

Planned Parenthood is not exactly popular right now. It was a politically astute move to make today.

Forum List

Back