Romney Balboa taking the fight to Obama in Philly

RCP national average at Obama +0.3, with that wild Gallup outlier for Romney being the only thing keeping it close there.

And that's still without Obama's storm surge.

Good luck in PA, Repubilcans. The Democrats are glad to see the Republicans wasting money there on Romney, instead of on downticket races where it might do them some good.

Chances of being elected President Obama 81%, Governor Romney 19%

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

A beginning of the storm surge reflection on voting.

It's more than the storm surge. I have been saying that I believed their would be a late turn for one candidate or the other, and I suspected it would be toward Obama. We saw the beginning of this with Romney's desperate Jeep to China ad. That was the beginning of the end for Romney. Now it's just a matter of running its course. Obama is going to win this thing with 52% of the popular vote and well over 300 electoral votes. I was not convinced of this two weeks ago, but all signs indicate that is where this election is headed.

Those leaps in logic are staggering.

First off; both candidates are in it. Anyone not coming at it from that perspective is a loon. No surprise that you fall into that category.

Second off; Ohio is really a microcosm of the election. Nobody knows for sure who will win that either.

Third off; you don't do a rally in a state you don't think you can't win, two days before an election. So, you're in denial, if you think this is an act of desperation.

Fourth off; Romney is not losing Virginia. He'll likely win it by 3-6 points. I personally don't think he should even campaign there any more. I think he does because it'd be a huge loss and he feels he needs to protect his lead there.

Fifth off; I don't know what your definition of a big question mark is; but Romney should win Florida by 4-8 points. His odds are looking like about 98 percent there and I don't even know why Obama has been campaigning there. He should have scrapped it a long time ago.

If Romney is campaigning in PA that means he thinks the state is winnable. If he wins PA it will be huge. If he loses he has at least made Team O play defense on the state. BUt he wouldn't do that without a good indication he can win. You dont see him campaining in NY or CA, right?

If he wasn't desperate, he'd be campaigning in Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Colorado, all states where he still has a chance and must win to get the numbers he needs. Wasting valuable time in PA is his Hail Mary. This thing is over, and Romney knows it.

Why would he campaign in states he will likely win anyway?

Obama is campaigning in OH. If OH were a lock, why would he campaign there? He'd be better off picking off anotehr state leaning Romney, like VA.

If Romney is campaigning in PA that means he thinks the state is winnable. If he wins PA it will be huge. If he loses he has at least made Team O play defense on the state. BUt he wouldn't do that without a good indication he can win. You dont see him campaining in NY or CA, right?

If he wasn't desperate, he'd be campaigning in Iowa, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Colorado, all states where he still has a chance and must win to get the numbers he needs. Wasting valuable time in PA is his Hail Mary. This thing is over, and Romney knows it.

Obama is campaigning in OH. If OH were a lock, why would he campaign there? He'd be better off picking off anotehr state leaning Romney, like VA.

Because you campaign in the closest states, regardless if you are winning or losing. That's why Obama is campaigning in both Virginia and Ohio

Because you campaign in the closest states, regardless if you are winning or losing. That's why Obama is campaigning in both Virginia and Ohio
The word that describes you post is, bullshit.

Please explain why.

Please explain why.

Because if what you said was true he would be in Wisconsin or the 6 other states that are on the way.

If you bothered to check before you posted, you'd see that Obama was in Wisconsin yesterday and will be there again tomorrow. We have these things called airplanes that allow the candidates to visit multiple locations in one day.

Please explain why.

Because if what you said was true he would be in Wisconsin or the 6 other states that are on the way.

If you bothered to check before you posted, you'd see that Obama was in Wisconsin yesterday and will be there again tomorrow. We have these things called airplanes that allow the candidates to visit multiple locations in one day.

OK. So, Romney campaigning in PA means he's lost OH but Obama campaigning in WI, considered a safe state, means he's ahead in OH. Romney is in PA because it's close but Obama is in WI because he's got it in the bag.
Yeah, I agree with Thanatos. You're full of shit.

OK. So, Romney campaigning in PA means he's lost OH but Obama campaigning in WI, considered a safe state, means he's ahead in OH. Romney is in PA because it's close but Obama is in WI because he's got it in the bag.

Jesus Christ, you play offense and defense in an election this close. Obama is also going to Florida, a state most of the cons on here thinks Romney has locked up.

We'll see who was right and who was wrong come Tuesday night.

Jesus Christ, you play offense and defense in an election this close. Obama is also going to Florida, a state most of the cons on here thinks Romney has locked up.

OK, so Obama is playing offense and defense because he is going to Florida but Romney is just playing defense because he's going to PA.

Do you make this up as you go or did your handlers give you a script?

OK, so Obama is playing offense and defense because he is going to Florida but Romney is just playing defense because he's going to PA.

Where did I say that? Romney is going for a hail mary by going to PA. He has led in one poll there all year and that was in February. The state isn't going to suddenly flip to him in the dying days of the election.

You may think he is going there because he has an actual shot of winning the state. I completely disagree. The state polls just don't look good for your guy, sorry.

Where did I say that? Romney is going for a hail mary by going to PA. He has led in one poll there all year and that was in February. The state isn't going to suddenly flip to him in the dying days of the election.

You may think he is going there because he has an actual shot of winning the state. I completely disagree. The state polls just don't look good for your guy, sorry.

So Romney is going for a Hail Mary by going to PA, but Obama is sure of winning because he's going to FL.

Your bullshit gets deeper and deeper with every post.

So Romney is going for a Hail Mary by going to PA, but Obama is sure of winning because he's going to FL.

I didn't say Obama is assured of winning FL. Although Obama has a much better chance of flipping Florida than Romney does of flipping PA, just look at the polling. The math isn't behind your guy. I'm sorry you think that is bullshit but it is reality.

Last edited:

I didn't say Obama is assured of winning FL. Although Obama has a much better chance of flipping Florida than Romney does of flipping PA, just look at the polling. The math isn't behind your guy. I'm sorry you think that is bullshit but it is reality.

I'm glad you didnt say that. I didnt either. Nor did I say you did. But thankls for deflecting with a straw man anyway.
The math is all about turn out. And the GOP will turn out stronger this time than they did in 2010, when Obama got a self-described "shellacking." He should only know.

I'm glad you didnt say that. I didnt either. Nor did I say you did. But thankls for deflecting with a straw man anyway.
The math is all about turn out. And the GOP will turn out stronger this time than they did in 2010, when Obama got a self-described "shellacking." He should only know.

So you are saying that EVERY poll is going to be wrong for the first time in history. There is no other way to interpret this post.

... Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign on Thursday released a new ad that GOP advisers say epitomizes his years of running for president.
The spot depicts the former Massachusetts governor standing in front of a fluttering U.S. flag and repeating the word “America” for 25 seconds, before concluding with, “Not Obama.”
“The ad we’ve cut represents the sort of detailed, policy-rich alternative to President Obama that Governor Romney has offered this whole campaign,” Romney political adviser Russ Schriefer said…
Team Romney says it will run its new ad in swing states and, in a surprise move that is in no way a last-minute campaign gimmick, in Democrat-leaning Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania, where Romney-aligned groups have already been buying airtime.
“It’s all about momentum,” said Charlie Spies, treasurer of pro-Romney super PAC Restore Our Future. “Mitt Romney is a perpetual motion machine,” Spies continued. “Did I say machine? I meant human. Mitt Romney is definitely a human. He’s a perpetual-motion Homo sapien. Actually, can you edit that to just read, ‘sapien’? Thanks.”...

Summing up the Mitt Romney campaign - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

:lol::lol::eusa_clap::lol::lol:

So you are saying that EVERY poll is going to be wrong for the first time in history. There is no other way to interpret this post.

NO, are you? Are you saying every poll will be right?

No, that would be impossible. I do think the averages will be incredibly close to the actual numbers.

According to the polls right now, Romney is leading three swing states, Florida, NC and Virginia. In order for Romney to win they have to be wrong unless you are expecting a big swing towards him over the next three days.

No, that would be impossible. I do think the averages will be incredibly close to the actual numbers.

According to the polls right now, Romney is leading three swing states, Florida, NC and Virginia. In order for Romney to win they have to be wrong unless you are expecting a big swing towards him over the next three days.

Yes! Romney is running ahead in swing states. That means he will likely lose the election because winning is really losing.
Why do I even bother with you?
The polls are almost all within the margin of error. Given the bias of pollsters it is only surprising they are showing the race to be close. At the end of the day it is getting out the vote. Romney is winning the early vote. That is usally a good indicator of get out the vote as motivated people vote early. Romney's supporters are motivated as hell. Obama's are waiting for their free gummint phones. It's no contest.

Yes! Romney is running ahead in swing states. That means he will likely lose the election because winning is really losing.
Why do I even bother with you?
The polls are almost all within the margin of error. Given the bias of pollsters it is only surprising they are showing the race to be close. At the end of the day it is getting out the vote. Romney is winning the early vote. That is usally a good indicator of get out the vote as motivated people vote early. Romney's supporters are motivated as hell. Obama's are waiting for their free gummint phones. It's no contest.

Romney is not ahead in enough swing states to win the election, he is ahead in 3 of them. There were 16 swing state polls released today. Romney was ahead in zero of them. There were numerous swing state polls released yesterday, Romney was ahead in two and they were both Rasmussen who has a dismal history with state polling. Man, you are going to be incredibly disappointed come Tuesday night.

Forum List

Back