Roe v. Wade will be overturned soon, and then abortion will be outlawed in most states...

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

Question for pro-aborts: What's your plan for after this happens?

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.
Don't have an abortion if you don't like it.

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

Don't own a slave if you don't like it.

If the slave in question was inside your body, you might have a point.

"I personally don't own any slaves, but it's none of my business if my neighbors do."

And the relevance of being inside or outside is what, exactly? If I beat a pregnant woman and cause her to miscarry, am I not charged with homicide?

Derp.

And the relevance of being inside or outside is what, exactly? If I beat a pregnant woman and cause her to miscarry, am I not charged with homicide?

Derp.
In California, yes. In New York, no.

Derp.
In California, yes. In New York, no.

I heard about that insanity in NY. Will be interesting to see the absolute shit storm that results when a woman loses her "wanted" baby due to an act of violence and the state won't charge the perpetrator.

And the relevance of being inside or outside is what, exactly?

I think granting government sovereignty over the contents of a person's body is an insane violation of individual liberty.

If I beat a pregnant woman and cause her to miscarry, am I not charged with homicide?

You shouldn't be, no. The only reason you might be is because of the political campaign to outlaw abortion, which has attempted to establish a precedent declaring a fetus to be a person, as a legal wedge.

And the relevance of being inside or outside is what, exactly?

I think granting government sovereignty over the contents of a person's body is an insane violation of individual liberty.

If I beat a pregnant woman and cause her to miscarry, am I not charged with homicide?

You shouldn't be, no. The only reason you might be is because of the political campaign to outlaw abortion, which has attempted to establish a precedent declaring a fetus to be a person, as a legal wedge.[/QUOTE]

Do you not see the error in your logic?

Imagine a couple where the woman gets pregnant. She wants the child, the man doesn't. So he slugs her in the gut a few times and kills it. She has zero legal recourse for her dead child. Or better yet, you can have some lunatic running around assaulting pregnant women and killing their unborn just because that's how he gets his rocks off. Now both her and the child's father have no recourse.

So instead of "government having dominion over a woman's body" you're telling women they have full control over their body, but so does everyone else. And if THEY decide to kill her child, tough shit. This is the kind of world you want? Because that's exactly what you're going to get.

Imagine a couple where the woman gets pregnant. She wants the child, the man doesn't. So he slugs her in the gut a few times and kills it. She has zero legal recourse for her dead child. Or better yet, you can have some lunatic running around assaulting pregnant women and killing their unborn just because that's how he gets his rocks off. Now both her and the child's father have no recourse.
Nonsense. Assault is illegal. And it's right and proper to hold the assailant accountable for the damages.
So instead of "government having dominion over a woman's body" you're telling women they have full control over their body, but so does everyone else. And if THEY decide to kill her child, tough shit. This is the kind of world you want? Because that's exactly what you're going to get.
I want the kind of world where the contents of my body are none of your fucking business.

Nonsense. Assault is illegal. And it's right and proper to hold the assailant accountable for the damages.
I want the kind of world where the contents of my body are none of your fucking business.

"Nonsense. Assault is illegal. And it's right and proper to hold the assailant accountable for the damages."

The penalties for assault and homicide aren't remotely similar and you damn well know it. 1st degree intentional homicide nearly always carries a life sentence. You're suggesting that a woman or couple could have their unborn child murdered by a 3rd party and be out in 5 years to do it again. Way to tell a woman her "choice" actually means fuck all because any random asshole can take it away from her for the proverbial slap on the wrist. What a wonderful fucking society you propose.

"I want the kind of world where the contents of my body are none of your fucking business."

Well that's just too goddamn bad now isn't it? Government has always regulated "your body" and will continue to do so. It's why drunk driving is illegal. It's why heroin is illegal. It's why you can't sell a kidney. Most of humanity agrees with this. Do you know why? Because we don't want to live in the fucking cesspool your fantasy utopia would be.

"Nonsense. Assault is illegal. And it's right and proper to hold the assailant accountable for the damages."

The penalties for assault and homicide aren't remotely similar and you damn well know it. 1st degree intentional homicide nearly always carries a life sentence. You're suggesting that a woman or couple could have their unborn child murdered by a 3rd party and be out in 5 years to do it again. Way to tell a woman her "choice" actually means fuck all because any random asshole can take it away from her for the proverbial slap on the wrist. What a wonderful fucking society you propose.

"I want the kind of world where the contents of my body are none of your fucking business."

Well that's just too goddamn bad now isn't it? Government has always regulated "your body" and will continue to do so. It's why drunk driving is illegal. It's why heroin is illegal. It's why you can't sell a kidney. Most of humanity agrees with this. Do you know why? Because we don't want to live in the fucking cesspool your fantasy utopia would be.
And according to your logic, a woman can suffer a miscarriage and face life in prison if a jury disapproves of her lifestyle and decides she's responsible.

"I personally don't own any slaves, but it's none of my business if my neighbors do."

Slaves were people. Fetuses aren't.

You see, this is where you have it backwards. Making a woman an unwilling incubator for a fetus she doesn't want IS slavery. Just like making someone do backbreaking work they didn't ask to do is.
A fetus born 8 months into pregnancy as a preemie is not a baby? One of my post collapse ideas is to build torturttarium museums. We will build giant see through female pelvis areas and place people like you in a slightly acidic liquid. After enough time you will force yourself out of it through the vaginal opening. The opening will have sharp knives and other accruments that will slice and dice you. Then you will get the experience that you say others that can not help themselves so enjoy.

A fetus born 8 months into pregnancy as a preemie is not a baby? One of my post collapse ideas is to build torturttarium museums. We will build giant see through female pelvis areas and place people like you in a slightly acidic liquid. After enough time you will force yourself out of it through the vaginal opening. The opening will have sharp knives and other accruments that will slice and dice you. Then you will get the experience that you say others that can not help themselves so enjoy.

Guy, nobody is having abortions at 8 months without a damned good medical reason.

I'm sure a giant fake vagina is as close to female genitalia as you'll ever get.

Were the Gestapo and the SS actually reigned in by any law?
Their oversight was Hitler and they were carrying out his orders, so for years, they got away with violating the law. That ended when the war ended and the ones who were caught, met their fate in Nuremberg.

Nuremberg was based on international law, not german law. At the time german law didn't exist.
Nuremburg was a kangaroo court.

Nuremberg was far better for the defendants than what they deserved. The allies would have been within their rights to just shoot most of them. '
That would have been better than the farcical trials.

I disagree. One of the biggest parts of the law is precedent, and precedent was set that if you go outside the laws of war and concepts based on treaties, you will be prosecuted for it.

The SC has always had a few "middle of the road" types from either side that won't overturn anything unless they have a damn good reason to.

What has happened is the abortion rights side as gone overboard, making some restrictions look like a moderate position.

No restrictions telling a woman what her best course of health care is qualifies as "moderate", guy.

Politicians aren't doctors. They have no business making medical decisions.

Actually the moderate position is unlimited abortion access in the first trimester or so only.

After that, even according to Roe there may be restrictions, as a viable fetus could be considered an entity worthy of protection.

Slaves were people. Fetuses aren't.

You see, this is where you have it backwards. Making a woman an unwilling incubator for a fetus she doesn't want IS slavery. Just like making someone do backbreaking work they didn't ask to do is.
At will abortion 8 months into a pregnancy is illegal.

Forum List

Back