Roe v. Wade will be overturned soon, and then abortion will be outlawed in most states...

Roe v Wade will be over turned...

Told you people that was the GOP goal, despite what they claimed

To what end? Abortion will always be available.

if it goes to the states, then it will only be available to females who can afford to travel.

if it's federal nation wide, then it will only be available to even wealthier females.

So...would you demand that every miscarriage be investigated as a homicide, then?

Of course not. It's pretty easy to distinguish the difference between a naturally occurring miscarriage and a child that's been torn to pieces by 3rd party instruments.

You DO realize that a woman can self-abort if she is determined to do so...right?

And that pills that will cause an abortion are widely available...right?

If you wanna ram a coat-hanger up your crotch, be my guest. You may kill the child but it's also highly likely you will perforate the uterus and cause internal bleeding and/or organ damage. It also makes it pretty damn easy to charge you with murder when you wind up in a hospital because of your own stupidity. And if you die, even better. One less baby butcher on the planet. The pills would be made illegal. Anyone caught in possession of them would be criminally charged just as we do now with a plethora of controlled substances.

There will always be medical providers providing abortions.

Yep. And if/when they are caught, they can be criminally charged as well. This isn't rocket surgery.

No they won't. Overturning RvW does not make abortions illegal. It only sends it back to the States.

if it goes to the states, then it will only be available to females who can afford to travel.

if it's federal nation wide, then it will be only available to even wealthier females.

It's never going to be Federal and women in WV get abortions despite there being only one provider. It isn't that expensive to drive a couple/few hours.

if it's federal nation wide, then it will be only available to even wealthier females.

It's never going to be Federal and women in WV get abortions despite there being only one provider. It isn't that expensive to drive a couple/few hours.

it does if you can't drive, or don't have a car or can't cough up the cash for a bus - that is even if one's route goes close by on top of paying for the service.

it does if you can't drive, or don't have a car or can't cough up the cash for a bus - that is even if one's route goes close by on top of paying for the service.

You misjudge the efforts of those who support abortion will go through to ensure they are available.

You misjudge the efforts of those who support abortion will go through to ensure they are available.

whom are you talking about exactly?

That misjudge? I was talking about you.

That will go to great lengths to make sure abortions are available? I noted that.

That will go to great lengths to make sure abortions are available? I noted that.

i donate to planned parenthood & have protested. is that considered 'great lengths'? the lawmakers are the ones who really get to decide a woman's fate & if donny wants the evangelisticals' vote he will CONtinue to put judges on the bench that will go thru great lengths to overturn roe v wade.

i donate to planned parenthood & have protested. is that considered 'great lengths'? the lawmakers are the ones who really get to decide a woman's fate & if donny wants the evangelisticals' vote he will CONtinue to put judges on the bench that will go thru great lengths to overturn roe v wade.

We have already covered this. Overturning RvW only sends the issue back to the States. A few may ban them but I wouldn't bet that more than a small few even do that.

So what is the point?

We have already covered this. Overturning RvW only sends the issue back to the States. A few may ban them but I wouldn't bet that more than a small few even do that.

So what is the point?

to place as much of an undue burden as possible to control females' bodies based on a religion that is theirs & theirs alone. that is their point entirely

Of course not. It's pretty easy to distinguish the difference between a naturally occurring miscarriage and a child that's been torn to pieces by 3rd party instruments.

You DO realize that a woman can self-abort if she is determined to do so...right?

If you wanna ram a coat-hanger up your crotch, be my guest. You may kill the child but it's also highly likely you will perforate the uterus and cause internal bleeding and/or organ damage. It also makes it pretty damn easy to charge you with murder when you wind up in a hospital because of your own stupidity. And if you die, even better. One less baby butcher on the planet. The pills would be made illegal. Anyone caught in possession of them would be criminally charged just as we do now with a plethora of controlled substances.

Yep. And if/when they are caught, they can be criminally charged as well. This isn't rocket surgery.

No they won't. Overturning RvW does not make abortions illegal. It only sends it back to the States.

Funny.

That's not what Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart had to say about it when he contemplated the legal recognition of children in the womb as "persons."

Huh.

Last edited:

Funny.

That's not what Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart had to say about it when he contemplated the legsl recognition of children in the womb as "persons."

Huh.

We've done this with you noting that it would take more than simply overturning RvW.

Funny.

That's not what Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart had to say about it when he contemplated the legsl recognition of children in the womb as "persons."

Huh.

We've done this with you noting that it would take more than simply overturning RvW.

Again (as I said before) that will depend on the case before the SCOTUS and how they rule on it.

Their wording matters.

answer the question.

would you imprison a female if she seeks or has had one?

Retroactively? No.
Going forward? Absolutely.
So...would you demand that every miscarriage be investigated as a homicide, then?

The pills will be quite simple to get...they are widely available in Europe and I expect Asia. It would be as simple as ordering them off eBay or Alibaba.

No, it doesn't. That's my point. All those safety measure's are not about guns. They are about control. It's funny how so many that yell "Freedom" simply accept the constant loss of it outside of one area.

Uh, guy, we've built our whole security apparatus on the assumption that some nut might walk into work tomorrow with a gun and start shooting his co-workers and bosses... it's absolutely crazy.

Because using government to address every insecurity someone might have will create a totalitarian state. Government is there to protect our rights, and as such we need it to enforce laws against theft, assault, murder etc... But some of you seem to want government to eliminate all risk from society, to impose "preventative" laws that remove a person's ability to do bad things. You aren't content with laws that punish people for doing harm, you want them controlled and restrained proactively so that they can't do harm. This is the true "lock-down". We use this mentality to clamp down on freedom, for the promise of security, but it obliterates both.

Oh, Bullshit.

Most other industrialized countries either ban or restrict gun ownership, and they are just as free at we are. They don't lock up millions of their citizens, they don't have militarized cops.

They do push for further restrictions. Pushing for a ban would be premature unless they know they have enough backing and Roe actually has a chance of being overturned.

Why introduce the amendment when they know it won't pass? They aren't democrats after all....

Dude, it's been 50 years since Roe, what are they waiting for?

Guy, again, they've appointed 10 of the last 14 SCOTUS judges.. There's never been a time when SCOTUS has been majority Democrat etierh at the time of Roe (when 5 Nixon/Ike appointees voted for it) to today. GOP appointments have ALWAYS been the majority. And if Roe is as you say, some "jiggery-pokery" (which I don't disagree with) then there is no reason why they shouldn't have overturned it and sent it back to the states.

UNLESS

They know damned well it would be electoral rat poison to actually overturn Roe, but they know having it around keeps the stupid, inbred, misogynistic assholes voting against their own economic interests.

Mark my words, Justice Roberts will have a "Come To Jesus" moment and suddenly decide he loves Roe.

The SC has always had a few "middle of the road" types from either side that won't overturn anything unless they have a damn good reason to.

What has happened is the abortion rights side as gone overboard, making some restrictions look like a moderate position.

HITLER. WAS. THE. LAW. YOU. FUCKING. IDIOT.

Dictators don't need legislation to enact their policies, that's why they are dictators. I swear you have the IQ of a fucking potato.
He was not the law, you moron. He had the ability, thanks to the Enabling Act, to pass laws. And yes, Germany had laws. Just not the one you're idiotically claiming.

Were the Gestapo and the SS actually reigned in by any law?
Their oversight was Hitler and they were carrying out his orders, so for years, they got away with violating the law. That ended when the war ended and the ones who were caught, met their fate in Nuremberg.

Nuremberg was based on international law, not german law. At the time german law didn't exist.
Nuremburg was a kangaroo court.

Nuremberg was far better for the defendants than what they deserved. The allies would have been within their rights to just shoot most of them. '

He was not the law, you moron. He had the ability, thanks to the Enabling Act, to pass laws. And yes, Germany had laws. Just not the one you're idiotically claiming.

Were the Gestapo and the SS actually reigned in by any law?
Their oversight was Hitler and they were carrying out his orders, so for years, they got away with violating the law. That ended when the war ended and the ones who were caught, met their fate in Nuremberg.

Nuremberg was based on international law, not german law. At the time german law didn't exist.
Nuremburg was a kangaroo court.

Nuremberg was far better for the defendants than what they deserved. The allies would have been within their rights to just shoot most of them. '
That would have been better than the farcical trials.

The SC has always had a few "middle of the road" types from either side that won't overturn anything unless they have a damn good reason to.

What has happened is the abortion rights side as gone overboard, making some restrictions look like a moderate position.

No restrictions telling a woman what her best course of health care is qualifies as "moderate", guy.

Politicians aren't doctors. They have no business making medical decisions.

Forum List

Back