NYT: In the year since Roe v Wade was struck down, polling for the 1st time shows that a majority of Americans say abortion is “morally acceptable.”

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Only 18 percent support Ron DeSantis' 6 week abortion ban, which was criticized by Trump.

A majority of Republicans, even don't support a national abortion ban, according to the polling.

They are also more likely to identify as “pro-choice” over “pro-life” for the first time in two decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the states with no restrictions that are barbaric. Partial birth abortions should be banned.
Pence even said that Republicans favor a 15 week ban.

1687875825746.png

Only 18 percent support Ron DeSantis' 6 week abortion ban, which was criticized by Trump

even a majority of Republicans don't support a national abortion ban, according to the polling

They are also more likely to identify as “pro-choice” over “pro-life” for the first time in two decades.

I think the huge majority of Americans have always believed that abortion in some rare cases is necessary and the moral choice. I know I have always believed that. And polling shows that a majority of Americans approved ending Roe and roughly two thirds of Americans approve of some restrictions on abortion.

I do think common sense dictates that a national ban on abortion is not the prerogative of the federal government at any level and certainly not the court, which is what the SCOTUS ruling affirmed. I also think a large majority of Americans do oppose the draconian strict laws a few states have passed. I'm pretty sure the few states that have passed those will modify them in time.

NYT: In the year since Roe v Wade was struck down, polling for the 1st time shows that a majority of Americans say abortion is “morally acceptable.”​

With every abortion dies a human being. This is not acceptable at all. It's like a merciless natural catastrophe when the life of a mother is not able to be saved in another way than to have to kill her still unborn baby.

Only 18 percent support Ron DeSantis' 6 week abortion ban, which was criticized by Trump.

A majority of Republicans, even don't support a national abortion ban, according to the polling.

Abortion should have never been a federal issue. Besides in the first 2 years of Clinton, then the first 2 years of BO the dems had the votes to pass legislation to keep Roe v Wade but they did not.

I think a sixteen week ban would be a reasonable compromise. In some extreme cases abortions after sixteen weeks should still be allowed.

Yeah they say that so thery don't get brow beat by the leftists asking the question.

You can get any poll result you want by asking the question in a way that will give you the results you want.

Its the states with no restrictions that are barbaric. Partial birth abortions should be banned.
Pence even said that Republicans favor a 15 week ban.

View attachment 799160

Wrong.
The mother and her doctor are the only ones who can decide.
For example, if a fetus has no skull, why bother letting it be born?

After 16 weeks why wouldn't a caesarean section work?

{...
At 16 weeks pregnant, baby is the size of an avocado, measuring 4.6 inches long and weighing in at 3.5 ounces.
...}

There is no means of nourishing such a small fetus, since it still has no digestive system.
It can only survive on the nutrients in the blood of a human.
You would have to invent an artificial placenta.

They chop the baby up as it comes out. "partially born". Barbaric.

Not quite.
Since the skull is not rigid yet, they suck out the contents of the skull so that it shrinks and causes less pain to the woman.
The head of the fetus is much larger than the rest of the fetus.

I think the huge majority of Americans have always believed that abortion in some rare cases is necessary and the moral choice. I know I have always believed that. And polling shows that a majority of Americans approved ending Roe and roughly two thirds of Americans approve of some restrictions on abortion.

I do think common sense dictates that a national ban on abortion is not the prerogative of the federal government at any level and certainly not the court, which is what the SCOTUS ruling affirmed. I also think a large majority of Americans do oppose the draconian strict laws a few states have passed. I'm pretty sure the few states that have passed those will modify them in time.

The majority of American did NOT favour ending Roe. 70% of all Americans say abortion should be legal in most of not all cases, and 80% of all women want the right to make their own family decisions.

Once again you have MALE poke to Ian’s making medical decisions on behalf of people who’s lives they know nothing about.

The states with the strictest abortion regulations are also the states with the highest maternal death rate in childbirth and pregnancy. These people don’t care about the lives of women and children.

The majority of American did NOT favour ending Roe. 70% of all Americans say abortion should be legal in most of not all cases, and 80% of all women want the right to make their own family decisions.

Once again you have MALE poke to Ian’s making medical decisions on behalf of people who’s lives they know nothing about.

The states with the strictest abortion regulations are also the states with the highest maternal death rate in childbirth and pregnancy. These people don’t care about the lives of women and children.

Not quite.
Since the skull is not rigid yet, they suck out the contents of the skull so that it shrinks and causes less pain to the woman.
The head of the fetus is much larger than the rest of the fetus.
So sucking the brain out of a full term baby is Not Barbaric?
The BABY is NOT a fetus at a partial birth abortion, its a viable full term BABY.

Forum List

Back