Rivians’ Tires Are Wearing Out in as Little as 6,000 Miles. Here’s Why.

Ouch!!
You know that low rider took some pretty heavy damage.
And I wonder how many times they took the bypass rather than the real trail because I know there's obstacles that truck could never get over.
it has more ground clearance than a jeep wrangler,,,

It's not so much about ground clearance as it is suspension flex and travel.
The Rivian doesnt come close to a Rubicons travel or flex.
And it doesnt even come close to any Jeep as far as travel and flex goes.
I know damn good and well they took the bypass on most if not all of the difficult obstacles.

Oh...I'm not just talking out my ass.
I know from experience,I was Mr. January in a off road calendar.
And yes I drove out of this obstacle.

IMG_0726.jpeg

It's not so much about ground clearance as it is suspension flex and travel.
The Rivian doesnt come close to a Rubicons travel or flex.
And it doesnt even come close to any Jeep as far as travel and flex goes.
I know damn good and well they took the bypass on most if not all of the difficult obstacles.
so when you said "that low rider" you actually mean what exactly??

low rider means ground clearance,,,

of course you want to compare it to a vehicle thats designed for off road use,,

and how do you know damn good and well they took the bypasses,, and so what if they did?? its a street vehicle,,,

You don't know that. You weren't there. You are stubborn and hard headed, but that has absolutely zero influence on the truth of how much of the Rubicon this Rivian R1S did. That said, you don't need to prove to me anything about the Wrangler or the Rubicon with the dual lockers (although the Rivian is the same here, in some respects) I owned a TJ that i put a 4" Black Diamond suspension lift on myself, and I know it goes much farther than that regarding flex, and I am sure the Rivian can't match that. It wasn't designed to compete with that.

You don't know that. You weren't there. You are stubborn and hard headed, but that has absolutely zero influence on the truth of how much of the Rubicon this Rivian R1S did. That said, you don't need to prove to me anything about the Wrangler or the Rubicon with the dual lockers (although the Rivian is the same here, in some respects) I owned a TJ that i put a 4" Black Diamond suspension lift on myself, and I know it goes much farther than that regarding flex, and I am sure the Rivian can't match that. It wasn't designed to compete with that.

I've been wheeling since 1998 and I've run a shitload of trails around the country.
And no the rivian doesnt have off road suspension.

Yes I watched the video and it was dragging ass on easy obstacles.
You need to watch some videos on real 4x4's running the Rubicon. There are highly modified jeeps and rock buggies that have a hard time on the Rubicon.

you just have to let go of the hate,, from what I saw it did as expected,,

my guess is it takes the best of the best to get through the whole thing without going to the by pass or rubbing a little paint,,

you just have to let go of the hate,, from what I saw it did as expected,,

my guess is it takes the best of the best to get through the whole thing without going to the by pass or rubbing a little paint,,

Let go of the hate? :auiqs.jpg:
The thing is not capable of running the Rubicon without using most if not all of the by passes.
A guy took a stock FJ Cruiser through the Rubicon and didnt use any of the by passes unless he absolutely couldn't get through a tough obstacle.
By the end of the trail the thing was damn near totaled.
And the FJ is a far more capable off road vehicle than the Rivian.

Let go of the hate? :auiqs.jpg:
The thing is not capable of running the Rubicon without using most if not all of the by passes.
A guy took a stock FJ Cruiser through the Rubicon and didnt use any of the by passes unless he absolutely couldn't get through a tough obstacle.
By the end of the trail the thing was damn near totaled.
And the FJ is a far more capable off road vehicle than the Rivian.
so you were there???

from what I saw I think it did pretty good for being what it is,, even if it took some or all of the bypasses,,

Forum List

Back