I feel like this little kid when it comes to explaining how we will need 13,018,022,473,988 MORE kWh IF all cars and trucks are EVs!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The Hans Christian Andersen. (1805–1875) Tales.
The Emperor’s New Clothes
MANY years ago there lived an Emperor, who was so excessively fond of grand new clothes that he spent all his money upon them, that he might be very fine. He did not care about his soldiers, nor about the theatre, and only liked to drive out and show his new clothes. He had a coat for every hour of the day; and just as they say of a king, “He is in council,” so they always said of him, “The Emperor is in the wardrobe.”
The Emperor took off his clothes, and the rogues pretended to put on him each new garment as it was ready; and the Emperor turned round and round before the mirror. “O, how well they look! how capitally they fit!” said all. “What a pattern! what colors! That is a splendid dress!”
No clothes of the Emperor’s had ever had such a success as these.
“But he has nothing on!” a little child cried out at last.
The Emperor: “I must go through with the procession.”

This is how I feel. Like the little kid pointing out that to do what Biden wants as he has said:
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

It will cost Americans over 13 trillion MORE kWh on top of the nearly 4.1 trillion kWh we currently use.
Where's it going to come from?
Why hasn't the MSM pointed this out?
To reach Emperor Biden's goal of ridden fossil fuels will mean total disaster for our country.
Simple things like... Tires. A single tire uses 7 gallons of oil...2 billion tires a year use over 250 million barrels... where's the replacement?

A partial list of items made from a barrel of oil...
Here’s what just one barrel of crude oil can produce: https://elsegundo.chevron.com/our-businesses/whats-in-a-barrel-of-oil
  • Enough liquefied gases (such as propane) to fill 12 small (14.1 ounce) cylinders for home, camping or workshop use.
  • Enough gasoline to drive a medium-sized car (17 miles per gallon) over 280 miles.
  • Asphalt to make about one gallon of tar for patching roofs or streets.
  • Lubricants to make about a quart of motor oil.
  • Enough distillate fuel to drive a large truck (five miles per gallon) for almost 40 miles. If jet fuel fraction is included, that same truck can run nearly 50 miles.
  • Nearly 70 kilowatt hours of electricity at a power plant generated by residual fuel.
  • About four pounds of charcoal briquettes.
  • Wax for 170 birthday candles or 27 wax crayons.
There are enough petrochemicals left in that same barrel to provide the base for one of the following:
A petri dish (holds up to 2.5 ounces) with domestic crude oil being poured into it
  • 39 polyester shirts
  • 750 pocket combs
  • 540 toothbrushes
  • 65 plastic dustpans
  • 23 hula hoops
  • 65 plastic drinking cups
  • 195 one-cup measuring cups
  • 11 plastic telephone housings
  • 135 four-inch rubber balls
The lighter materials in a barrel are used mainly for paint thinners and dry-cleaning solvents and they can make nearly a quart of one of these products.
The miscellaneous fraction of what is left still contains enough by-products to be used in medicinal oils, still gas, road oil and plant condensates –
a real industrial horn of plenty.
So again... what will replace the above items made from fossil fuels that Biden guarantees to "We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

Still nothing but a kit or do you think they are producing them in mass? Of course if you follow the whole thing it only holds 12 people and can only fly one hour. Going to be a bit of a fun trip across the Atlantic.
The Wright Brothers started small. Then flying grew and grew to what it was .

This is another step in the development of aviation.
It will get there.

The Wright Brothers started small. Then flying grew and grew to what it was .

This is another step in the development of aviation.
It will get there.
Yes the one things That the brothers had going for them was a readily available source of energy, and a proven engine capable of converting that energy. Yes just as soon as we develop enough electric generation capacity to handle it and about a hundred times better battery storage capability.
But never let reality dampen your pie in the sky.

Who knows? Solar and electric are more the possible ones. But there are lots of places where electricity comes from wind power.

Who knows?
Wind power and solar are manufactured by heavy industry using coal.

Wind and solar are so weak it will take over $100 trillion dollars for heavy industry to process the trillions of tons of earth into the materials needed.

To save the world solar and wind must use more coal than has been used in the history of the world

Who knows? Solar and electric are more the possible ones. But there are lots of places where electricity comes from wind power.

Who knows?
Let’s assume you can generate that amount of power… how are you going to move it around to where it’s needed on a transmission and distribution grid that can barely deal with the load we currently put it under?

Where are the Trillions of dollars necessary to not upgrade but completely rebuild our electric grid going to come from?

Let’s assume you can generate that amount of power… how are you going to move it around to where it’s needed on a transmission and distribution grid that can barely deal with the load we currently put it under?

Where are the Trillions of dollars necessary to not upgrade but completely rebuild our electric grid going to come from?
It is only going to happen by 2030. By then, Israel and every other genius will have figured it out.

It is only going to happen by 2030. By then, Israel and every other genius will have figured it out
😂 😆 😝 LOL!!!!! Thank you. I really needed that laugh this afternoon.

I am employed by a sizable electric utility company here in the Northeast. We’re currently planning for 2040-2050, not 2030; and those plans are for improvements to fault location, isolation and restoration technologies, not the full system upgrades that would be necessary to even start bringing that sort of generation load online.

😂 😆 😝 LOL!!!!! Thank you. I really needed that laugh this afternoon.

I am employed by a sizable electric utility company here in the Northeast. We’re currently planning for 2040-2050, not 2030; and those plans are for improvements to fault location, isolation and restoration technologies, not the full system upgrades that would be necessary to even start bringing that sort of generation load online.
We do not know what will happen by 2030. Israel does wonderful things.

Stay tuned.

We do not know what will happen by 2030. Israel does wonderful things
I know what we can build in eight years. Even if the plans were already in place there isn’t enough time, money, or interest in making the level of upgrades that would be necessary. It’s just not possible. We’re a major utility and we couldn’t do it. The smaller utilities would stand no chance.

I know what we can build in eight years. Even if the plans were already in place there isn’t enough time, money, or interest in making the level of upgrades that would be necessary. It’s just not possible. We’re a major utility and we couldn’t do it. The smaller utilities would stand no chance.
It does not matter WHEN it happens, it is bound to happen one day.

STAY TUNED. !!!!

Forum List

Back