Gardasil
Succession
Gays in the Military Video
Going back into Iraq
His hunting lodge
Debate performances
Running from the first debate

That is a partial list.

His message never lined up with his record. He hasn't been a "consistent conservative". He was Gore's Texas campaign manager. He, by executive order, wanted to make sure that all girls in Texas got a shot for what amounts to an STD.

It's just too bad we didn't get to the Trans Texas Corridor. This is where he's confiscating your private property to build a highway that will bring in imports from Mexico much faster.

Those who supported him have to be thinking, "What were we thinking?"

I actually applaud Perry for the Gardisil decision.

It's far more than an "STD".

We could eradicate cervical cancer with a vaccination. Other than the fact that the transmission involves sex, I can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with that.

From the onset. It was clear he wasn't serious about being president. Serious meaning that he didn't take the time to prepare for the race.
He was a little busy recovering from back surgery, geaux, and he went into the race too soon after surgery. He simply wasn't himself. Coaches make their athletes take off a year sometimes, depending on the surgery and the amount of time they can take a 16-year-old high school player to a 35-year-old professional ballhandler back on the field. Campaigns are rigorous, and Perry is I think at least 50. I'm sure he had the best of care, but I think I've heard some surgery anesthetics become residual and might slow people down mentally and physically. He had to have the surgery, and it was at the worst time. He's usually not one to get mixed up mid-sentence and has always been a good speaker.

Even so, it will be good to have our governor Rick Perry back. The Perrys are real nice people. :)

Oh, so he was hopped up on Percocet?

So he was, in fact, impaired while running for president? That's a convincing argument.....

I've yet to hear about this "residual/permanent" effects of anesthesia. I suffered through about one million pre-op consents and have yet to hear that listed as a possible adverse event. Though, I'd be happy to look at any material you have.

Are we going to blame anesthesia for Perry knowing jack and shit about foreign policy too?

You guys can have him back.

I won't even mention that The Rabbi & Missourian were his early cheerleaders before Perry even opened his mouth. When Perry's name first came up as a possible candidate my thoughts were "ANOTHER Texan after "W"? You got to be kiddin me lol

Today, Rick Perry dropped out, and I had to dig down five pages on USMB to find a thread on it. Not even a gloating thread by CandyCorn. I'm so disappointed.

Ahh, so sad, really. I had high hopes that Perry would be the guy who could bridge the divide between the TEA Party and the GOP establishment. But it never came to pass.

First, the Establishment has it's heart set on Romney. If they have to lie, cheat, steal or do whatever, that's what they'll do. And they'll blame us when Romney loses.

But Perry made mistakes. Much like Fred Thompson four years ago, you simply can't do these things on the fly. You have to build an organization, you have to get used to stumping, you have to get supporters lined up. You have to participate in the early debates with the fringe characters to find your voice and your little corner to base yourself in.

I think that there will be people who will declare the TEA Party dead. I don't think so. The thing is, the TEA Movement hasn't really been around long enough to establish solid leaders. It took 16 years between Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan for the modern conservative movement to take hold.

After Romney loses, Perry might well be able to take another shot at it. But he should take his time and spend more time introducing himself to the American public.

Uhmmm.

Ron Paul, some help please.

He stumbled badly in the first debate and never recovered. It takes a lot more than slogans and platitudes to win over conservatives. They are smart and they research issues, they want substantive answers. Perry couldn't answer the questions in depth and it showed.

If Perry was a Democrat, he'd be their candidate - liberals will buy anything....Hope and Change anyone?

:lol:

I believe several things hurt Rick Perry. He did have surgery, and the effects of anaesthesia can last a long time. Perry entered the race too late, he also just for whatever reason was not himself. Unfortunately for Rick Perry, by the time he started doing really good in the debates, it was too late. If Rick Perry had started the debates they way he did his last two debates, he would most likely have the nomination locked up.

It is sad that Perry started off as bad as he did, he was the only candidate that stood up for and defended the Marines who pissed on the bodies of the Taliban.

I am going to support the United States Marine corps and disagree with Mr. Perry and you.

He stumbled badly in the first debate and never recovered. It takes a lot more than slogans and platitudes to win over conservatives. They are smart and they research issues, they want substantive answers. Perry couldn't answer the questions in depth and it showed.

If Perry was a Democrat, he'd be their candidate - liberals will buy anything....Hope and Change anyone?

Okay then...as a conservative you should be able to tell us what Mitt's plans for the military are then, right?

I don't mean where he's going to send them. I mean, is he going to increase the size, decrease the size, close bases in Europe, Korea, Iraq, etc....?

Surely as a "smart" conservative, you've "researched" the issue and he's provided substantive answers.

Total agreement about Perry. He has never run in a race where the result wasn't a foregone conclusion. It showed on the National Stage and such non-vetting of candidates by Texas has shown in their state's dismal performance compared to other states.
Read his book sweetheart, it's all there - with pictures too!! Unfortunately he doesn't have anything as catchy as "hope and change" to hold your interest.....

Okay then...as a conservative you should be able to tell us what Mitt's plans for the military are then, right?

I don't mean where he's going to send them. I mean, is he going to increase the size, decrease the size, close bases in Europe, Korea, Iraq, etc....?

Surely as a "smart" conservative, you've "researched" the issue and he's provided substantive answers.

Total agreement about Perry. He has never run in a race where the result wasn't a foregone conclusion. It showed on the National Stage and such non-vetting of candidates by Texas has shown in their state's dismal performance compared to other states.
Read his book sweetheart, it's all there - with pictures too!! Unfortunately he doesn't have anything as catchy as "hope and change" to hold your interest.....

So in other words....you don't know; sweetheart.

Perry is a joke.

Gardasil
Succession
Going back into Iraq
His hunting lodge
Debate performances

That is a partial list.

His message never lined up with his record. He hasn't been a "consistent conservative". He was Gore's Texas campaign manager. He, by executive order, wanted to make sure that all girls in Texas got a shot for what amounts to an STD.

It's just too bad we didn't get to the Trans Texas Corridor. This is where he's confiscating your private property to build a highway that will bring in imports from Mexico much faster.

We could eradicate cervical cancer with a vaccination. Other than the fact that the transmission involves sex, I can't figure out why anyone would have a problem with that.

For 13 year olds? What kind of place is Texas?

Just because Perry wasn't ready this time around doesn't mean it went "wrong". He will have other opportunities down the road. Not everyone is going to wind the first time through.

This one isn't exactly rocket science. Obviously too many people looked at Perry and saw Bush 2.0. A little more authoritative, a little better looking, but definitely Bush 2.0. His "performance" in the debates only sealed the deal.

Even committed Republicans know the disaster that was the Bush presidency. And some are even willing to admit it.

You know what. I won't call anyone of these candidates a joke or a flake. They've all had very respectable careers.

And I'm sorry. Running as a Republican candidate means you get the shit kicked out of you, your family, your friends and your kindergarten teacher and your dog by the left wing media arm of the White House on a day to day basis.

It takes balls to run. Kudos to Perry for trying.

LOL. You silly little ass, it was Republicans kicking the shit out of Republicans. The rest of us just stood back and watched.

Perry is a joke.

Gardasil
Succession
Going back into Iraq
His hunting lodge
Debate performances

That is a partial list.

For 13 year olds? What kind of place is Texas?

The same kind of place the rest of the world is. In two years, 13 year olds are 15 year olds, and some are quite active sexually. Wisdom is hardly an atribute of adolescents.

I won't even mention that The Rabbi & Missourian were his early cheerleaders before Perry even opened his mouth. When Perry's name first came up as a possible candidate my thoughts were "ANOTHER Texan after "W"? You got to be kiddin me lol

Honestly, I wish we had Perry instead of Romney or Gingrich. Perry got a lot sharper at the end of the process, but by that time, the damage had already been done.

I think it is kind of pointless, though. The GOP establishment decided on Romney before this thing ever started on the theory he was vetted. But now we are finding out about his tax returns and his slimy business practices and how much money he was giving to the Mormons and how much money he was stuffing in the Cayman Islands and such.

And all we have as an alternative is Gingrich at this point. Smart guy. Lots of baggage.

Forum List

Back