Rick Perry Says Aid To Israel ‘Would Start At Zero’ In His Administration

Rick Perry actually had a good night tonight I think. For those listening, and if the media would give him a fair shake, he repaired the brain freeze "Energy Department" gaffe and gave some really good answers to several of the questions.

On foreign aid he said what a lot of us, even us 'Bible thumpers', have been wanting to hear. Nothing involving foreign policy or aid is off the table. You start with zero and do a full analysis of who will get what, if anything, in foreign aid. When the moderator pushed him on whether that would include Israel, he said yes, it would have to, but as was said on the previous page, he went on to describe Israel as a friend and worthy.

The USA currently sends foreign aid to most countries outside of Western Europe, Canada and Australia. We send aid to most of the Middle East Countries, most African nations, and even to Russia and Cuba. China got $12.9 million in U.S. foreign aid this past year. Israel got less than either Pakistan and Afghanistan. The total foreign aid budget is something over $30 billion, which is a small fraction of the enormous total budget.

But it's high time our elected leaders stopped thinking a few million or a billion is not important enough to spend carefully and with the respect that the many taxpayers who have to come up with all that money would spend it.

In my opinion, this thread title and opening comments do not represent Gov. Perry's position on this fairly.

Bachmann said she would continue using waterboarding in her administration.

Listening to these idiots is an even worse form of torture, ya know?

Water boarding isn't torture compared to outside our borders......put a little thought behind it otherwise you'll be kick to the curb.

Water boarding isn't torture compared to outside our borders......put a little thought behind it otherwise you'll be kick to the curb.

Did Hannity ever submit to it? He said he would.

You all don't have the courage of your convictions.

and so foking what

pretty soon you lump in teapartiers but not those dead brain ows morons who kill people during their protest...obumer could have called in armed forces but snickered and allowed those low lifes to infringe on others who are working....

funny how you keep defending failurism..:cuckoo:

and so foking what

pretty soon you lump in teapartiers but not those dead brain ows morons who kill people during their protest...obumer could have called in armed forces but snickered and allowed those low lifes to infringe on others who are working....

Obama's foreign policy has been very successful. What did your party ever do but throw money at that pit over there.

The title of this thread is an absolute distortion of what the man actually said. I don't like the guy but at least don't misrepresent what he says. What he actually does say is bad enough.

Please tell us what he said...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yB7J7DYi6M]You Can't Handle the Truth - YouTube[/ame]

stop being a dick...he ask you for what perry said and you reply with this?

what did perry say ... if the quote is distorted then correct it..

Who cares? Rick Perry will never be our nominee. Liberals are hilarious. LMAO

watching the debates i would say its not just liberals

is this really the mantra of the conservatives now? who cares blah blah blah.....romney will cause the election to go to obama as the gop loses the south....i just dont see the south voting for a mormon, do you?

and so foking what

Obama's foreign policy has been very successful. What did your party ever do but throw money at that pit over there.

LOL! Successful at what?
Iraq, failure.
Afghanistan, failure.
NKorea. Failure
Iran. Failure.
Israel. Failure.
Please mention one success. Just one.

is this really the mantra of the conservatives now? who cares blah blah blah.....romney will cause the election to go to obama as the gop loses the south....i just dont see the south voting for a mormon, do you?

Romney will not be our nominee. Newt will after all is said and done. Conservatives still maintain the party, not RINOs.

Romney will not be our nominee. Newt will after all is said and done. Conservatives still maintain the party, not RINOs.

Newt is not a conservative. Newt has baggage from the Clinton Administration that would take a container ship to move. No one is voting for Newt.

Newt is not a conservative. Newt has baggage from the Clinton Administration that would take a container ship to move. No one is voting for Newt.

Actually, NO ONE is voting for Perry.. literally. I'm not here to get in to a pissing contest with you or any other conservative... that's what liberals need and depend upon in order to maintain power.. they do not have the numbers to win elections and they damn well know it.

Actually, NO ONE is voting for Perry.. literally. I'm not here to get in to a pissing contest with you or any other conservative... that's what liberals need and depend upon in order to maintain power.. they do not have the numbers to win elections and they damn well know it.

Perry is the second largest fundraiser in the race. So people are voting with their wallets. Newt's campaign was in disarray 6 months ago. He is the ultimate Washington insider throwback. He threw the impeachment hearings because he was afraid of Clinton, with good reason.

Perry is the second largest fundraiser in the race. So people are voting with their wallets. Newt's campaign was in disarray 6 months ago. He is the ultimate Washington insider throwback. He threw the impeachment hearings because he was afraid of Clinton, with good reason.

Don't trash our candidates.. don't do it. President Reagan's 11th commandment. You can disagree with policies, like Ron Paul and earmarks but don't throw up a bunch of liberal talking points and nasty dirt.. it's WRONG, period.

Don't trash our candidates.. don't do it. President Reagan's 11th commandment. You can disagree with policies, like Ron Paul and earmarks but don't throw up a bunch of liberal talking points and nasty dirt.. it's WRONG, period.

It's called vetting. Candidates better be able to stand it now because the press and the Democrats will crucify them in the general election.
All this debate is healthy for the GOP. We need to exorcise the ghosts of the GWB era and reallign the party with its voting base.

It's called vetting. Candidates better be able to stand it now because the press and the Democrats will crucify them in the general election.
All this debate is healthy for the GOP. We need to exorcise the ghosts of the GWB era and reallign the party with its voting base.

No, it's not vetting to trash a man with liberal talking points. I'm done talking to you about it.

It's not a liberal talking point that Newt was unfaithful to his wife, or that he deep sixed the impeachment. You don't think the media will resurrect all that?

I doubt very much that if PERRY gets the oval office, aid to Israel would change one bit.

Far too many American merchants of death depend on the AID to isreal that buys their arms.

MOST of the money "going to Israel" never leaves the USA.

What actually goes to Isreal is AMERICAN MADE arms.

Forum List

Back