Cain And Bachmann Praise Waterboarding

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lakhota, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,005
    GOP Candidates Split Over Torture | TPM 2012

2. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,027
    Better just to shoot them like they shot bin Laden

3. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    And what did Queen Pelosi say about waterboarding in 2009? Oh wait, I recall she went into a brain freeze flustering episode when she needed to find her answers in a shuffle of paperwork.

4. truthsaga

truthsaga Economic and BlowBack Ace

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Follow the rule of law

5. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,937
    I do too. I don't believe its torture, but frankly I'd like our government to torture terrorists, so they can obtain information that saves American lives. I also don't believe we should be making our techniques so public.

I don't believe for a second, when these leftist politicians try to explain to us torture doesn't work. I've never heard anything more patronizing in my life.

6. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    So far we have:

Torture = good.
    Lack of transparency = double good.

How is this any different than the sitting presidick you GOP zombies loathe?

7. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Nancy Pelosi would of treated those involved with 9/11 the same way the Inquisition treated their spies with that Classic "Comfy Chair Sketch" from Monty Python.

8. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,005
    Terrorists are trained to withstand torture and provide deceptive answers.

9. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,937
    Terrorists are not lawful enemy combatins. They are not protected with Geneva rights. My opinion, get the information from known terrorist, by any means possible, and we shouldn't let them know what to expect.

Waterboarding lost much of its effectiveness, because the terrorists know they're not going to drown, because they now know what to expect.

10. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,529
    CIA Memo: Waterboarding Saved Los Angeles from Terrorist Attack

[​IMG]

It seems that Barack Obama’s statement that enhanced interrogation techniques such as waterboarding does not make us safer, just isn’t true. Imagine that!

The CIA is now confirming it’s claims made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of ‘enhanced techniques’ of interrogation on al Qaeda leaders Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) and Abu Zubaydah, which included the use of waterboarding, caused them to reveal actionable intelligence that allowed the U.S. government to stop a planned attack on Los Angeles. You can read that CIA waterboarding memo here.

Before he was waterboarded, KSM was asked about future planned attacks on the United States, he ominously told his CIA interrogators, ‘Soon, you will know.’

After KSM was waterboarded a wee bit he decided to become cooperative, providing intelligence that led to the capture of key al Qaeda allies like Abu Zubaydah who also enjoyed enhanced interrogation techniques. The information gathered from both KSM and Abu Zubaydah through waterboarding and other techniques, led to the discovery of the KSM plot called the ‘Second Wave’.

The ‘Second Wave’ attack planned by KSM, stopped by the use of enhanced interrogation techniques, would have hijacked a jetliner and crashed it into U.S. Bank Tower, formerly the Library Tower in Los Angeles which happens to be the tallest building on the West Coast. It is quite safe to say that without enhanced interrogations, there could be a hole in the ground in Los Angeles to match the one in New York.

Additional information obtained from KSM also led to the capture of Riduan bin Isomuddin, better known as Hambali, and the discovery of the Guraba Cell, a 17-member Jemmah Islamiyah cell tasked with executing that ‘Second Wave.’ Oh, and Zubaydah? He gave up detailed information regarding al Qaeda’s ‘organizational structure, key operatives, and modus operandi’ and identified KSM as the mastermind of the September 11th attacks.

And just for the record, KSM, Zubaydah, and a third terrorist named Nashiri were the only three persons ever subjected to waterboarding by the CIA. Other terrorist detainees were subjected to some of the other ‘enhanced techniques’ such as slapping, sleep deprivation, dietary limitations, and temporary confinement to small spaces — but not to water-boarding. Maybe worse then all, it has also been reported that they were tortured by watching Britney Spears videos and listening to the Barney song for hours. We’re just horrible!

During the Bush years, enhanced interrogation techniques were used including waterboarding judiciously and rarely. The CIA confirms the use of those measures prevented a terrorist attack on the city of Los Angeles. We were safer for eight years under President Bush’s watch thanks to his courage and leadership because he made it a priority and a committment to all of us (even those far left loons who want him prosecuted) after September 11th. We can no longer say that under the Obama administration.

CIA Memo: Waterboarding Saved Los Angeles from Terrorist Attack » Right Pundits