Rick Perry: Debunking the lie.

Oh yeah......about Perry's "job creation"........

Under his admin, private sector jobs were reduced by 40,000.

Federal jobs were awarded to Texas to the tune of 114,000.

Net job increase in Texas wasn't because of Perry, it was because of the federal government, i.e. Obama.

From your link..

When given a chance to stand up for his country, Perry demured

Rather than say he would work within a political system that had resolved grievances for 200 years.....he threatened to secede if things did not get better

Perry never threaten to secede. Not now nor in the future.

In fact he said that there was absolutely no reason to consider leaving the Union.

Care to try again?

Really?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqldJNzbFzI&feature=related"]Gov Perry: Texas Can Leave The Union If It Wants - YouTube[/ame]

Yep...really.

From Politifact:
Rick Perry threatened to secede

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

PolitiFact Texas | Bill White says Rick Perry threatened to secede

If you believe they are lying, you should take that up with them.

Net job increase in Texas wasn't because of Perry, it was because of the federal government, i.e. Obama.

Do you have a link to that ABS?

I mean a reputable link...not a blog or an opinion piece or huffpo.

I link with some verifiable facts.

I'd like to see where those numbers are coming from.

Interesting story...thanks for the link to CNN.

It would seem that government jobs were reduced under Perry...not increased.
Construction jobs, for instance, have grown by 5.4% in the past year, according to the center. Employment in professional services is up 4.5% and in the hospitality business by 3%. Only the government and information technology sectors have seen drops, of 1.4% and 5%, respectively.

Do you have a link to that ABS?

I mean a reputable link...not a blog or an opinion piece or huffpo.

I link with some verifiable facts.

I'd like to see where those numbers are coming from.
Good luck with that!

Funny thing is, these lib's have a major hard-on over Perry. They damn sure know Obama's in deep shit, and all they have now is to attack, no matter how baseless their BS is. Seeing as how Perry is receiving most of the BS from these clowns, we now know who they fear most. And they fear him most because Obama can't run on his economic record. He has zero success to claim on anything economic. It's nothing but failures. Perry has strong success to run on. Proven success to run on. And that scares the shit out of the sheep......Particularly now that more than 70% of americans are rejecting Obama on the economy. And that is THE issue that will decide the election.

So, look for much more baseless, useless crap to be provided by these fools. Look for more BS to be posted using liberal blogs, or liberal MSM media sites.

Brent Bozell exposed ABC just last week......Back in June, they did a long report on how successful Texas has been in surviving Obama's economy. In creating jobs and whatnot...Just last week they did another report that said the exact oppposite......It's friggin' hilarious how these people are so lock step devoted to the most inept president in US history.

Last edited:
Here's what many of you righties don't understand: Many Democrats don't like Obama - but they hate Republicans.
And here's what many of you lefty's don't understand........Independents just want someone with a proven track record in economic matters. They are rejecting Obama in droves. Without the independents, Obama is toast.......THANK GOD!

And, you say Democrats "hate" republicans, then why do so many identify themselves as "Reagan Democrats''?:eusa_whistle:

And, you say Democrats "hate" republicans, then why do so many identify themselves as "Reagan Democrats''?

Yeah, baby, the same "Reagan Democrats" that put Bill Clinton in the White House. Bless them and praise Gawd.

Missourian, when you said, "Debunking the Lie", I had to wonder which one. There have been so many...

You did get most of the major ones, though. :clap2:

Silly liberals, don't you realize the more you attack Perry, the better conservatives like him?

"You can judge a man by the quality of his enemies!"

Yeah..one day Perry will go super saiyan on our asses.

Wait a minute.

Goku was a liberal.

:lol:

I'm no Obama fan, but does anyone honestly believe that McCain/Palin could have done better after the Bush holocaust?

No one’s an ‘Obama fan’ until Election Day.

Otherwise, no, McCain would have done the same as Obama, the same as Bush did at the end of his term.

I heard that Perry shot a man in Reno: "just to watch him die."

And that now, when he hears that whistle blowin': "he hangs his head and cries"

I'm no Obama fan, but does anyone honestly believe that McCain/Palin could have done better after the Bush holocaust?

No one’s an ‘Obama fan’ until Election Day.

Otherwise, no, McCain would have done the same as Obama, the same as Bush did at the end of his term.

Wrong.
McCain would not have instituted Obamacare. McCain would not have taken over GM. McCain would not have villanized big business. McCain would not have cut Democrats out of negotiations, nor Republicans. McCain would not have created another huge banking bureaucracy.
The notion that Obama was doing what anyone would do is a giant lie.

Ok RW, if Washington continues to thumb it's nose at the American people, what will come of that?

You are right...maybe he meant that the state of Texas would pout, hold their breath and stomp their feet

Translation: I don't know what will come of that.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Translation: Perry is a spineless coward who panders to his parties fringe

He had an opportunity to stand up for his country against secessionist and chose to say "If things don't go our way.....you will have to see what happens"

Last edited:
You are right...maybe he meant that the state of Texas would pout, hold their breath and stomp their feet

He had an opportunity to stand up for his country against secessionist and chose to say "If things don't go our way.....you will have to see what happens"

Hey stupid, Texas CANNOT secede even if it wanted to!

Not according to Perry. Reckon he's the stupid one...

“When we came into the nation in 1845, we were a republic, we were a stand-alone nation, and one of the deals was, we can leave anytime we want. So we’re kind of thinking about that again.” ~ Governor Rick Perry 2009

“When we came into the nation in 1845, we were a republic, we were a stand-alone nation, and one of the deals was, we can leave anytime we want. So we’re kind of thinking about that again.” ~ Governor Rick Perry 2009

Check my sig line.

Well I guess it's time for a history lesson.

Neither the Texas Constitution or the US constitution explicitly or implicitly disallows the secession of Texas (or any other "free and independent State") from the United States. Joining the "Union" was always voluntary, rendering voluntary withdrawal an equally lawful and viable option.

After further reading the SCOTUS decision (Texas v White) where I was lead into believing it made seccession unlawful, I may have been mistaken.

"When Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

"...The obligations of the State, as a member of the Union ...remained perfect and unimpaired. ...the State did not cease to be a State, nor her citizens to be citizens of the Union.

It is noteworthy that two years after that decision, President Grant signed an act entitling Texas to U.S. Congressional representation, readmitting Texas to the Union.

What's wrong with this picture? Either the Supreme Court was wrong in claiming Texas never actually left the Union (they were — see below), or the Executive (President Grant) was wrong in "readmitting" a state that, according to the Supreme Court, had never left. Both can't be logically or legally true.

"...Our conclusion therefore is, that Texas continued to be a State, and a State of the Union."
— Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700, 703 (1868)

Now to the Supreme Court decision in itself...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back