Rick Perry: Debunking the lie.

Doubtful.... that book is pretty good.

Seniors like SSI. You will to when you get up there in age. Perry called it a Ponzi scam.

:lol:

It is a Ponzi scheme.

Just because people like a program doesn't mean we should hide the truth from them.

Social Security is broken...insolvency is right around the corner.

Burying our collective heads in the sand will only accelerate it's collapse.

:lol:

Let Perry go with that then.

He can explain how we have an economy that creates kabillionaires on stuff that comes from government research labs, with government grants, contracts and funding..

But somehow can't help seniors avoid a life of squalor and cat food even when they pay in to a safety net and work their asses off for decades.

That should win the day.

Its so nice you care so much, im touched really :bye1:

Since it looks obvious you tend to make broad assumptions about people, assuming any disagreement with must be from those pesky "Leftists". Laziness seems to be a regular thing among some people around here.

Let me edify you for a moment. I was a dyed in the wool supporter of GWB. Voted for him twice. I think he is a goddamn Einstein compared to the retards, morons and ne'er do wells who are running for president right now. The GOP loses one election and suddenly it devolves into some real nuttiness. Its gotten kinda silly.

Wasn't George Bush a "religious nutball"?

Wasn't he the Governor of the same Texas that just posts ago you disparaged?

Not really. GWB did not actively court the hysterical set of the religious right to the same degree. He didn't have to. They were already solidly in his corner. Could you ever imagine a TP member saying this,

""Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace." "

or

""America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."

Bush Islam quotes sayings Bush Muslims

Not bloody likely!

As for Texas, GWB wasn't making his record there as Governor a selling point to his candidacy. In fact it was more or less minimized whenever possible. Perry invites criticism by making it his campaign point. One should not open up the can of worms if you don't want people fishing.

Frankly I think Bush's critics were unduly harsh. Much of the incivility and extremism of the TP seems to be the counter-reaction to how badly the far left moonbats treated Bush during his presidency. Somehow extremist caterwauling on both sides became the acceptable form of political discussion in the last decade.

I hear the same crap...lie after lie told about Rick Perry.

So here is the compendium so far.

Every lie debunked and sourced.

1. The lie - Rick Perry threatened to secede.
The Truth - Politifact says "FALSE"

2. The lie - Economic job growth in Texas was dependent on stimulus money and defense contracts...IOW Government Spending.
The Truth - Texas has created more jobs in the last year than the other 49 states combined.

They all got stimulus money.

They all receive a share of defense spending.

When you look at the last government report on the subject of Federal Government spending by state...the Consolidated Federal Funds Report for Fiscal Year 2009, which is the most recent report that the Census Bureau has released...

Texas is close to the bottom...like 42 out of 50.

Here is the source: The States Where America Spends The Most (And The Least) Per Person - 24/7 Wall St.

3. The misleading statement - Rick Perry raised taxes.

The Truth - Texas has no income tax. Zero. Zip. Zilch.
The taxes that were raised:

The Legislature added a 2% tax on the retail sale of fireworks.

The Legislature added a tax of 1% on the purchase or rental of diesel equipment.

The Legislature made "tweaks" in the emissions reduction fund to bring in more money. (nothing about a tax)

There was a net tax decrease in 2006, where some taxes were raised and others lowered.

And some other mamby pamby stuff.

Politifact is the source: PolitiFact Texas | Gov. Rick Perry says he has a track record of not raising taxes

4. The misleading statement - Perry doubled the debt in Texas.

The truth - While technically true...the reason for the increase in debt makes the statement missleading. According to Politifact:
"It turns out that transportation is responsible for most of the added debt load under Perry, increasing from basically nothing in 2000 to $11.8 billion outstanding as of Aug. 31 2009.

That's because before 2001, the Texas Department of Transportation lacked the authority to borrow money to pay for road projects. Voters gave it that power in 2001 when they approved a constitutional amendment that Perry supported."
5. The lie - Rick Perry executed an innocent man
The truth - The most cursory investigation proves Rick Perry COULD NOT POSSIBLY have commuted Willingham's death sentence.​

Cameron Todd Willingham was a Texas man whose three young children died in a 1991 fire at the family home in Corsicana, Texas. Willingham, accused of having set the fire, was convicted of murder and was executed in 2004. Shortly before the execution and after several years of unsuccessful appeals, an arson expert, Gerald Hurst, filed a report advising the 7-member Board of Pardons and Paroles that the investigation of the case had not been based on good science and that there was no proof of arson, but the Board of Pardons and Paroles declined to recommend clemency to the governor.

--------------------------------------------------​
Board of Pardons and Paroles

In addition, a defendant may also appeal to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (a division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice) for commutation of the [death] sentence.

The Board, after hearing testimony, decides whether or not to recommend commutation to the Governor of Texas. The Governor can accept or reject a positive recommendation of commutation, but has no power to override a negative recommendation.

6. The lie - Rick Perry doesn't believe in global warming science.
The Truth - Rick Perry doesn't believe MAN MADE global warming is proven science.
"We're seeing it almost weekly or almost daily, scientists who are coming forward and questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change," the Texas governor added.

You Lie!

Never trust a fractured quote.
"We are fed up with being overtaxed and overregulated. We are tired of being told how much salt we can put on our food, what windows we can buy for our house, what kind of cars we can drive, what kinds of guns we can own, what kind of prayers we are allowed to and where we can say them, what political speech we are allowed to use to elect candidates, what kind of energy we can use, what kind of food we can grow, what doctor we can see and countless other restrictions on our right to live as we see fit."
Rick Perry from his book "Fed Up!"​
“I Cannot Be Held Responsible For the Actions of My Irresponsible Youth.” : Lawyers, Guns & Money
You mean the book he has already disavowed.

I heard they are going to change the title with a little punctuation. It will be called F'ed Up!

Thanks, a link to a blog that doesn't say anything. :rolleyes:

There was an active link within the blog entry lazy-pants. Jeez

Rick Perry should welcome the attacks! They are indicative of the fact that the Democrats are afraid he can beat Obama.

Obama and Company cannot silence the internet, the blogs, the social sites and the unbridled chatter that flows freely through them. It is so easy to start a lie flowing. Yet it is often easier to debunk the lie.

I hope Perry is less like the Bush administration appeared to me on rebutting lies told by the liberals. It seemed they didn't really try...they just ignored the criticisms. I want Perry to use his speeches in part to deny the lies and expose the Democrats as the liars they are.

Rick Perry should welcome the attacks! They are indicative of the fact that the Democrats are afraid he can beat Obama.

Obama and Company cannot silence the internet, the blogs, the social sites and the unbridled chatter that flows freely through them. It is so easy to start a lie flowing. Yet it is often easier to debunk the lie.

I hope Perry is less like the Bush administration appeared to me on rebutting lies told by the liberals. It seemed they didn't really try...they just ignored the criticisms. I want Perry to use his speeches in part to deny the lies and expose the Democrats as the liars they are.

Perry is just like Bush.......just not as intellectual

Since it looks obvious you tend to make broad assumptions about people, assuming any disagreement with must be from those pesky "Leftists". Laziness seems to be a regular thing among some people around here.

Let me edify you for a moment. I was a dyed in the wool supporter of GWB. Voted for him twice. I think he is a goddamn Einstein compared to the retards, morons and ne'er do wells who are running for president right now. The GOP loses one election and suddenly it devolves into some real nuttiness. Its gotten kinda silly.

Wasn't George Bush a "religious nutball"?

Wasn't he the Governor of the same Texas that just posts ago you disparaged?

Not really. GWB did not actively court the hysterical set of the religious right to the same degree. He didn't have to. They were already solidly in his corner. Could you ever imagine a TP member saying this,

""Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace." "

or

""America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."

Bush Islam quotes sayings Bush Muslims

Not bloody likely!

As for Texas, GWB wasn't making his record there as Governor a selling point to his candidacy. In fact it was more or less minimized whenever possible. Perry invites criticism by making it his campaign point. One should not open up the can of worms if you don't want people fishing.

Frankly I think Bush's critics were unduly harsh. Much of the incivility and extremism of the TP seems to be the counter-reaction to how badly the far left moonbats treated Bush during his presidency. Somehow extremist caterwauling on both sides became the acceptable form of political discussion in the last decade.

I also cringe when I hear people go off on Islam as a religion...Muslim extremists, sure, I get it...but not generalizations that encompass an entire religion.

But I have not heard that from either Perry of the lions share of the Tea Party.

In fact, the only person in this thread that has derided religion is you.

Do you have an example of Perry doing or saying anything anti-Muslim?

In his 2010 book, "Fed Up!," Perry wrote that the federal government restricts "how much salt we can put on our food." That’s False. An agency has explored ways to reduce sodium in the food supply, and federal dietary guidelines recommend consuming less than 2,300 milligrams, or about 1 teaspoon, of sodium a day. But the government isn't telling anyone how much salt to sprinkle.

That book is gonna sink his candidacy.

Doubtful.... that book is pretty good.

Then why are his handlers disavowing what's in it?

2. The lie - Economic job growth in Texas was dependent on stimulus money and defense contracts...IOW Government Spending.
The Truth - Texas has created more jobs in the last year than the other 49 states combined.

When you look at the last government report on the subject of Federal Government spending by state...the Consolidated Federal Funds Report for Fiscal Year 2009, which is the most recent report that the Census Bureau has released...

Here is the source: The States Where America Spends The Most (And The Least) Per Person - 24/7 Wall St.

The Legislature added a tax of 1% on the purchase or rental of diesel equipment.

The Legislature made "tweaks" in the emissions reduction fund to bring in more money. (nothing about a tax)

There was a net tax decrease in 2006, where some taxes were raised and others lowered.

Politifact is the source: PolitiFact Texas | Gov. Rick Perry says he has a track record of not raising taxes

The truth - While technically true...the reason for the increase in debt makes the statement missleading. According to Politifact:
"It turns out that transportation is responsible for most of the added debt load under Perry, increasing from basically nothing in 2000 to $11.8 billion outstanding as of Aug. 31 2009.

That's because before 2001, the Texas Department of Transportation lacked the authority to borrow money to pay for road projects. Voters gave it that power in 2001 when they approved a constitutional amendment that Perry supported."
The truth - The most cursory investigation proves Rick Perry COULD NOT POSSIBLY have commuted Willingham's death sentence.​

Cameron Todd Willingham was a Texas man whose three young children died in a 1991 fire at the family home in Corsicana, Texas. Willingham, accused of having set the fire, was convicted of murder and was executed in 2004. Shortly before the execution and after several years of unsuccessful appeals, an arson expert, Gerald Hurst, filed a report advising the 7-member Board of Pardons and Paroles that the investigation of the case had not been based on good science and that there was no proof of arson, but the Board of Pardons and Paroles declined to recommend clemency to the governor.

In addition, a defendant may also appeal to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (a division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice) for commutation of the [death] sentence.

The Board, after hearing testimony, decides whether or not to recommend commutation to the Governor of Texas. The Governor can accept or reject a positive recommendation of commutation, but has no power to override a negative recommendation.

The Truth - Rick Perry doesn't believe MAN MADE global warming is proven science.
"We're seeing it almost weekly or almost daily, scientists who are coming forward and questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change," the Texas governor added.

You Lie!

:D Very funny.

Prove it. :p

One or more of these lies has surfaced in every Perry thread on the board....

I start a thread about them and suddenly not one liberal wants to address them.

Very strange....or maybe not.

we sure need another texican president ;)

Agressive stupidity.

The last one we had ended what started as a major recession in 18 months, hunted down al Qaeda, protected the US, unseated Saddam Hussein and installed the only democratic government among Arab regimes in that region, had low inflation and UE of 5%.

Hell yeah, I'm ready for another "texican".

I also cringe when I hear people go off on Islam as a religion...Muslim extremists, sure, I get it...but not generalizations that encompass an entire religion.

But I have not heard that from either Perry of the lions share of the Tea Party.

Who are you kidding here? Its been coming from nobody else but the TP? Frankly the ignorance game is getting kinda old.

As for Perry, he has already given tacit support of people who make this sort of thing their stock and trade as well as some truly sectarian nonsense.
Founding Father John Adams? Advice to Rick Perry: Don?t Meddle in Religion | Politics | Religion Dispatches
"In short, Governor Perry is partnering with an organization that believes that only Christians have the right to freely exercise their religious beliefs."

"Like other critics Rep. Naishtat objects to the involvement of the AFA saying, “Jews, Muslims, Mormons, and Hindus, as well as Catholics and gays, would feel extremely out of place and unwelcome at any so-called national day of prayer and fasting organized and sponsored by the American Family Association.”"

Please don't bother with trying to distance Perry from the American Family Association.

Since Perry has made his religious beliefs a campaign point as well, it is fair game. The guy invites criticism of his frankly open views on the subject.

From your link..

. [What we find: In a politically theatrical moment, Perry edged toward a secession threat. Then or since, however, he hasn’t said Texas should quit the United States. (You wudda read all about it.)

When given a chance to stand up for his country, Perry demured

Rather than say he would work within a political system that had resolved grievances for 200 years.....he threatened to secede if things did not get better

Who are you kidding here? Its been coming from nobody else but the TP? Frankly the ignorance game is getting kinda old.

As for Perry, he has already given tacit support of people who make this sort of thing their stock and trade as well as some truly sectarian nonsense.
Founding Father John Adams? Advice to Rick Perry: Don?t Meddle in Religion | Politics | Religion Dispatches
"In short, Governor Perry is partnering with an organization that believes that only Christians have the right to freely exercise their religious beliefs."

"Like other critics Rep. Naishtat objects to the involvement of the AFA saying, “Jews, Muslims, Mormons, and Hindus, as well as Catholics and gays, would feel extremely out of place and unwelcome at any so-called national day of prayer and fasting organized and sponsored by the American Family Association.”"

Please don't bother with trying to distance Perry from the American Family Association.

Since Perry has made his religious beliefs a campaign point as well, it is fair game. The guy invites criticism of his frankly open views on the subject.
So you dont have any evidence of Perry espousing those views. Thanks for clearing that up.

RICK-PERRY-BUMPER-STICKER.jpg

From your link..

. [What we find: In a politically theatrical moment, Perry edged toward a secession threat. Then or since, however, he hasn’t said Texas should quit the United States. (You wudda read all about it.)
When given a chance to stand up for his country, Perry demured

Rather than say he would work within a political system that had resolved grievances for 200 years.....he threatened to secede if things did not get better

Perry never threaten to secede. Not now nor in the future.

In fact he said that there was absolutely no reason to consider leaving the Union.

Care to try again?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back