Rick Perry: Debunking the lie.

"You know, if Washington continues to thumb it's nose at the American people, who knows what what will come of that"

Sounds like a threat to me

Ok RW, if Washington continues to thumb it's nose at the American people, what will come of that?

You are right...maybe he meant that the state of Texas would pout, hold their breath and stomp their feet

Translation: I don't know what will come of that.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Treasonous? Maybe hyperbole...maybe not, it depends on how QE1, QE2 & QE3 (if it is enacted) affect inflation.

Really? What does the inflation rate have to be for Bernanke to be guilty of treason? Is that higher than it needs to be in order for him to be "treat[ed] pretty ugly"?

In a related question, how absurd, infantile, and embarrassing does a Perry gaffe have to be before you'll peek over the precipice and think "hmm, I probably shouldn't follow him over the cliff"?

That made me :lol:.

You guys that get worked up over the saying "treated pretty ugly" probably don't leave the house much.

Don't have an anxiety attack, we'll just slip your absentee ballot under the door. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Perry can't be all bad, he created more low paying jobs in texas than the whole nation did. And coupled up with China & Mexico he will probably set new low wage records.

Combine that with the lowest percentage of Americans with health insurance and you've got yourself a "Texas Miracle".

Yee-fuckin-haw!

That made me :lol:.

You guys that get worked up over getting the saying "treated pretty ugly" probably don't leave the house much.

Don't have an anxiety attack, we'll just slip your absentee ballot under the door. :eusa_whistle:

I'm sure it did. You're obviously this secessionist shitbag's demographic.

:lol: Put your big boy pants on Mr. Thin-skin and calm down.

Your "I'm a conservative" mask is slipping.

Seniors like SSI. You will to when you get up there in age. Perry called it a Ponzi scam.

:lol:

It is a Ponzi scheme.

Just because people like a program doesn't mean we should hide the truth from them.

Social Security is broken...insolvency is right around the corner.

Burying our collective heads in the sand will only accelerate it's collapse.

Let Perry go with that then.

He can explain how we have an economy that creates kabillionaires on stuff that comes from government research labs, with government grants, contracts and funding..

But somehow can't help seniors avoid a life of squalor and cat food even when they pay in to a safety net and work their asses off for decades.

That should win the day.

Can you give me some examples, or am I just supposed to trust you because you have an honest face?

Actually Perry gets only a half true on Politifact on average

That doesn't tell you anything without reading the summary.

Look at the History of Raising Taxing in my post as an example.

Politifact rated it "False"...but when you read the summary, while technically false, raising taxes 2% of fireworks or 1% on diesel rental isn't what I'd call an earth shattering revelation.

I posted the full article and link for your perusal. I am using the same source as you are.

The guy has done a great deal of misrepresenting and fudging the facts to suit an agenda. If not actual lies then at least not telling the entire story.

Frankly I don't see he has much to be proud of. Texas is one of the leaders in adults without a HS diploma, insurance or a living wage. He propped up the state economy by expanding state hiring (despite being allegedly for small government). The guy is actively courting the religious nutball vote (splitting it with Bachmann).

The GOP can do better. It has done better.

here ya go, some education lies, oops mischaracterizations, put to rest and a curious omission by the msm too ala Ducna eh?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/181639-duncan-lied-about-texas-education-data-stats.html

Seniors like SSI. You will to when you get up there in age. Perry called it a Ponzi scam.

It is a Ponzi scheme.

Just because people like a program doesn't mean we should hide the truth from them.

Social Security is broken...insolvency is right around the corner.

Burying our collective heads in the sand will only accelerate it's collapse.

Let Perry go with that then.

He can explain how we have an economy that creates kabillionaires on stuff that comes from government research labs, with government grants, contracts and funding..

But somehow can't help seniors avoid a life of squalor and cat food even when they pay in to a safety net and work their asses off for decades.

That should win the day.

do you have a bottomless bag of babbling nincompoopy? give it a rest...jesus.

How did Perry balance his Texas budget? Obama stimulus money?

What else was he going to do with it, use it for all those "Shovel ready" projects? :lol:

Perry used $5 billion dollars of stimulus money for the state budget...so Texas could save the $9 billion dollars they had in their "rainy day" fund.

So Texas had the money...I think they still have $6 billion left in the fund.

How many states can say that?

This is another loser.

Perry wanted to save as much of the rainy day fund as he could...because it has to last until Obama is out of office.

Last edited:
One or more of these lies has surfaced in every Perry thread on the board....

I start a thread about them and suddenly not one liberal wants to address them.

Very strange....or maybe not.

From your link..

. [What we find: In a politically theatrical moment, Perry edged toward a secession threat. Then or since, however, he hasn’t said Texas should quit the United States. (You wudda read all about it.)
When given a chance to stand up for his country, Perry demured

Rather than say he would work within a political system that had resolved grievances for 200 years.....he threatened to secede if things did not get better

Perry never threaten to secede. Not now nor in the future.

In fact he said that there was absolutely no reason to consider leaving the Union.

Care to try again?

Really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqldJNzbFzI&feature=related]Gov Perry: Texas Can Leave The Union If It Wants - YouTube[/ame]

I'm no Obama fan, but does anyone honestly believe that McCain/Palin could have done better after the Bush holocaust?

Forum List

Back