Revolt

So you're going to get married then serve in some phony baloney revolution...the blanks are filling in quickly.

Gee, if you actually were a law student wouldn't it make more sense to get married during the summer when this school year was over? Not too bright are you?

We want to get married on the anniversary of my falling in love with her and our subsequent dating the following year (they were only a few days apart, so... in the middle, I should say), persecute a man for falling in love in April, good Lord.

So are you coordinating it with McVeigh's attack, Koresh's death, THe VA Tech massacre or Columbine?

Nope. Wasn't aware those were in April. I'm not a walking encyclopedia of terrorist attacks, you know.

We want to get married on the anniversary of my falling in love with her and our subsequent dating the following year (they were only a few days apart, so... in the middle, I should say), persecute a man for falling in love in April, good Lord.

So are you coordinating it with McVeigh's attack, Koresh's death, THe VA Tech massacre or Columbine?

Nope. Wasn't aware those were in April. I'm not a walking encyclopedia of terrorist attacks, you know.

You should be...that is what you're recommending as a "fix".

Shooting rampages in schools? Please find a quote of mine where I advocate that. Slaughtering civilians for no reason? Likewise. Bombing civilian installations with the intent of killing them and spreading terror? Ditto. Notice a recurring theme here, candycorn?

Shooting rampages in schools? Please find a quote of mine where I advocate that. Slaughtering civilians for no reason? Likewise. Bombing civilian installations with the intent of killing them and spreading terror? Ditto. Notice a recurring theme here, candycorn?

Again, your Call of Duty experience with combat is showing. You say you're recruiting people...right? In Bagdad they did the same thing. A bunch of people showed up to join the police force and the new military. As soon as they were given weapons....guess what happened. They went into their old neighborhoods and settled some personal grudges. Same thing is going to happen with your "army" skippy. And when they take your weapons and mow down someone who owed them money, jilted their sister, or insulted them...you'll be blamed.

It's just one of about 10,000 things you haven't thought of.

Any word on how you're going to pay soldiers yet? No? Carry on.

Again, your Call of Duty experience with combat is showing. You say you're recruiting people...right? In Bagdad they did the same thing. A bunch of people showed up to join the police force and the new military. As soon as they were given weapons....guess what happened. They went into their old neighborhoods and settled some personal grudges. Same thing is going to happen with your "army" skippy. And when they take your weapons and mow down someone who owed them money, jilted their sister, or insulted them...you'll be blamed.

Skippy, guess what? Second a US service member who enlists to face the "menace on the home front" does the exact same thing, the US gets blamed!
Edit: BTW, I haven't played Call of Duty for ages. The game is horrible. If I do play, it is at the request of my nephews because they are bored. If I am playing video games, I usually play Age of Empires, Empire at War, or Galactic Battlegrounds.

Last edited:

Skippy, guess what? Second a US service member who enlists to face the "menace on the home front" does the exact same thing, the US gets blamed!

Edit: BTW, I haven't played Call of Duty for ages. The game is horrible. If I do play, it is at the request of my nephews because they are bored. If I am playing video games, I usually play Age of Empires, Empire at War, or Galactic Battlegrounds.

Except you'll be a well-documented, hated enemy. Terrorist always are.

You could use some training...Call of Duty would probably increase your military acumen 10 fold.

CC, while I may disagree with you and Paintmyhouse, you both may have had a point. I haven't heard from Drake or _ in two weeks. Starting to get a little concerned.

I would have abandoned you immediately...it took your "friends" a bit longer. Maybe they stepped on the land mines using the john.

I started this thread with the wonderment thinking is a revolt in our future? Well the simple answer is of course it is, but when.
Since January 9th the events happing in this country bring one to the conclusion that thank god for political change thru elections.
The simple fact that 2 months later this post still gets views and comments proves that many are not happy with the working of our government. Unless the elections coming up send the USA on a different path a revolt will only get more inevitable.
But as they say you get the government you deserve.
You can not have peace and harmony with in a country when there is a less than 7 % difference in the voting publics position on what make a country work.
65 million for and 60 million against just does not work when leaders think of this like a ball game score, and not taking the losing sides opinions to heart only demonizing them as if they were not American citizens.

In sports this would be called poor sportsmanship hmmmmm ever faced this ???

Would it be easy to bring down if millions of Americans enlisted for the rebels and a significant portion of the military did likewise?

Won't happen either way.

The military will not support the far right or the libertarian wack wings.

Was wondering, and you know this will one day happen.
When there finally is a revolt in the USA who will the military stand with.
Right now I do not think they all would stand with Obama--I know several in service now that absolutely have no respect for him and would have a hard time standing with Obama.

Most can't wait for this administration to be over. As bad as many of us think he is there will one day be someone worse. 50 year 100 years or 500 years like predicting doom and gloom with the climate sooner or later it happens.

If they don't support the commander in chief they won't be in the military anymore. But keep on rubbing one off on your insane pipedream. :)

Would it be easy to bring down if millions of Americans enlisted for the rebels and a significant portion of the military did likewise?

Won't happen either way.

The military will not support the far right or the libertarian wack wings.

The military had no problem hanging John Brown

Wasn't the military, it was the state of VA.

The military had no trouble crushing John Brown and his rebels.

I'm amused at the ramblings of those who never served in the military.

We swear an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States of America. We also swear to obey the lawful orders of those appointed above us [both military and civilian].

But, we are first and foremost Americans who serve to protect and defend our fells citizens from enemies domestic and foreign.

The Posse Comitatus Act prevents the use of federal military forces inside the US for police activities - those powers are reserved to the governor and their national guard forces and reserves.

As long as citizens gather and protest peacefully, no man or woman serving in uniform would ever obey an order to attack and scatter them. At the same time, there are hundreds of groups who are well-armed claiming to be prepared for the day this country descends into anarchy.

What I foresee here in the USA is something similar to what is happening in Mexico. People tired of government intervention and corruption on the part of local government rising up in the form of vigilantes to take action into their own hands. If a governor called up military units to attack such groups with weapons, I sincerely doubt they would obey such an order. Heck! They might even side with the vigilantes.

Forum List

Back