Revolt

Uhm, the civil rights movement started way before the late 1960s

take a history class

Ok, but its Zenith was the late 60's and it worked.

Which is proof of the effectiveness of non-violent protest and passive resistance in the USA to create huge political change.

Look at Kent State. .

What about it? 'Poor, innocent students' who had burned down their campus ROTC building and were hurling stones at poorly-trained national guardsmen managed to get a few of their number shot after trying damn hard to achieve that end.

you do know who got shot don't you?

According to the account of Bruce Burkland, a close family friend, Scheuer "was walking with one of her speech and hearing therapy students across the green. Neither Sandra nor the young man had anything to do with the assembly of students on the green."[1] Three other unarmed students were also killed in the shootings: Allison Krause, Jeffrey Miller, and William Knox Schroeder.

Uhm, the civil rights movement started way before the late 1960s

take a history class

Ok, but its Zenith was the late 60's and it worked.

Which is proof of the effectiveness of non-violent protest and passive resistance in the USA to create huge political change.

of course. I was an early occupy organizer in one city (before the bums took over camp)

of course. I was an early occupy organizer in one city (before the bums took over camp)

Which brings us to another very important point: you can't have a revolution without a damn set of goals!!!!!!!!!

Which brings us to another very important point: you can't have a revolution without a damn set of goals!!!!!!!!!

wasn't a revolution. was initially a way to get voices heard over the din of bullshit that captured media and government.

after occupy the narrative in the media and government focused on income disparity and issues attached to it over the previous narrative -- Tea Party nonsense about cutting and killing the government and throwing Americans under the bus

Was wondering, and you know this will one day happen.
When there finally is a revolt in the USA who will the military stand with.
Right now I do not think they all would stand with Obama--I know several in service now that absolutely have no respect for him and would have a hard time standing with Obama.

Most can't wait for this administration to be over. As bad as many of us think he is there will one day be someone worse. 50 year 100 years or 500 years like predicting doom and gloom with the climate sooner or later it happens.

Dearest Moron, the USA has a system of civilian control of the military for reasons that you fail to grasp

and if they kill your family your fine with that, Dearest Moron

wasn't a revolution. was initially a way to get voices heard over the din of bullshit that captured media and government.

after occupy the narrative in the media and government focused on income disparity and issues attached to it over the previous narrative -- Tea Party nonsense about cutting and killing the government and throwing Americans under the bus

The Civil Rights was of course a revolution. Its turned upside down society in The South and completely changed our nation in a revolutionary way.

I could see a "Spanish Civil War" erupting here in America:

First, declining economic conditions will result in the American people electing ever more leftist radicals to government. This government will impose leftist policies that outrage the wealthy and the Conservatives.

Next, small pockets of right wing militant groups will start various strikes against the government. They will be supported politically be right wing political groups (like the Tea Party).

The government will treat these as criminal acts and only use limited police force against these groups.

Some large scale action by right wing militants, like storming a U.S. military base, will ignite a major controversy. The government will not use the military to suppress, but will negotiate. This will make the government seem weak.

Finally, the successes of the militants groups and perceived weakness of the government will encourage hundreds of thousands to join the militants.

By the time the government decides to use substantial military force, it will be too late. A full scale civil war will be underway.

A small but powerful minority of the military will side with the militants.

Then all hell will break loose.

BTW-

After the events in Ukraine this week it seems that all it takes to overthrow a government are:

1. A small percentage of the population who fanatically want to overthrow the government to stage a never ending protest.

2. A ingroup of activist/soldiers who make sure that the protests turn extremely violent.

3. A military that refuses to take action against the protesters.

The one thing that prevents this from happening in the U.S. is that the constitution recognizes a right to 'Peacefully Protest'. Violent protests are not allowed and the military could be used to squelch such a protest.

Was wondering, and you know this will one day happen.
When there finally is a revolt in the USA who will the military stand with.
Right now I do not think they all would stand with Obama--I know several in service now that absolutely have no respect for him and would have a hard time standing with Obama.

Most can't wait for this administration to be over. As bad as many of us think he is there will one day be someone worse. 50 year 100 years or 500 years like predicting doom and gloom with the climate sooner or later it happens.

Dearest Moron, the USA has a system of civilian control of the military for reasons that you fail to grasp

and if they kill your family your fine with that, Dearest Moron

My family would not take on the government. Our gene pool is probably larger than your average waco whacko's is

If there is a revolution it will be a result of the people believing the government is deliberately and systematically in violation of the constitution.

There will be have to be a collective hate and combined realization by all the people. I don't know what it will take. They've already taken so much. I'm pretty sure socializing 401K's, levying a 5% payroll tax on us and leaving it an unfunded liability drained by the military industrial complex would probably do it.

If there is a revolution it will be a result of the people believing the government is deliberately and systematically in violation of the constitution.

Considering the government uses copies of the Constitution as napkins- and probably toilet paper- I do believe they deliberately are in violation of it. Now it's just a matter of time before the people realize it too.

Americans are too lazy to revolt. Why do you think the government is legalizing marijuana??? One more attempt at getting this generation to slip deeper into the lethargic realm.

BTW-

After the events in Ukraine this week it seems that all it takes to overthrow a government are:

1. A small percentage of the population who fanatically want to overthrow the government to stage a never ending protest.

2. A ingroup of activist/soldiers who make sure that the protests turn extremely violent.

3. A military that refuses to take action against the protesters.

The one thing that prevents this from happening in the U.S. is that the constitution recognizes a right to 'Peacefully Protest'. Violent protests are not allowed and the military could be used to squelch such a protest.

an interesting turn of events happened yesterday in the Ukraine

the people are inserting their own 2nd amendment rights

into their constitution

Ukrainian Gun Owners Association?s official statement

Americans are too lazy to revolt. Why do you think the government is legalizing marijuana??? One more attempt at getting this generation to slip deeper into the lethargic realm.

Outstanding reflection. I agree with you. Those that have assumed the helm of this nation are not stupid. They learned well how to manipulate the masses without leaving them to realize they are so deceptively swayed.

As the grandmother from house Tyrel told the dwarf Tyrion Lannister in the Third Season of Game of Thrones, "The people need distractions to help them forget of war."

They have become quite good at doing that in our country.

England---Civil War, Sure paid a price. Kind of agree it will splinter.

Not sure you have a point

Maybe you should make one

Old man now Vietnam Vet--67-68 Joined as was raised my country right or wrong.
But as I swore to defend my country against all enemies both foreign and domestic--kind of glad I'm old man as taking up arms against domestic enemies seems to be closer now than any other time in my lifetime.
Point is do others believe a revolt will (not now) be in the future or will the USA be able to be the once great nation I remember.

If it was so great, it wouldn't have changed.

No revolution. No chance.

But as I swore to defend my country against all enemies both foreign and domestic--kind of glad I'm old man as taking up arms against domestic enemies seems to be closer now than any other time in my lifetime.
Point is do others believe a revolt will (not now) be in the future or will the USA be able to be the once great nation I remember.

So you think the USA was never Great WOW anything you say that only is negative from now on will only show how disrespectful you are to the millions that gave there life to make the world a better place.
We need to have several wars with only women in combat so the numbers even out and I volunteer you first.

AS soon as the bums (libs) Thru politics take toooo much from the workers (GOP) their will be a civil war.

And guess what all the women, school kids, and wimps are Libs and will have to fight for themselves. The mistake by the libs will be that they think they can play video games and win a war. All wars come down to ground physical warfare--to hard for Libs.

Last edited:

^ Sounds like Michelle Obama

Forum List

Back