Revelation

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
When I get time, I am going to go over some of the verses, of the book of Revelation. Starting in chapter 1, up to verse 6 it is mostly an introduction of John the Revelator, and how he was inspired by Jesus to write what he saw.

Revelation 1:1The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
4John,
To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spiritsa before his throne, 5and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

I am going to start with verse 7. For I believe it to be the first of the prophecies of the book.

Revelation 1:7BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. 8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

He is coming with the clouds, every eye shall see Him, even those who pierced Him. Every translation I read puts it the same way. The Him being talked about is Jesus, for He will be coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him. That is every eye, that has ever lived, or will ever live, from the beasts of the earth, to the dead, to those who are yet to be born. Those that are already in Heaven, including the angels, and the Father. You might try not to look, but you won't have a choice. The blind will even see Him coming with the clouds.

Now, when is this going to happen? Is it what some call the rapture, or perhaps what some call the second coming? I don't know. God might teach us all that we know, but He does not teach us all that He knows.

and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over Him. In place of tribes some translations have nations, families, kindreds, or people, of the earth. And in place of mourn some translations have wail. And all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him; all the wicked, in the several parts of the world, will lament, and wring their hands, and express the inward terror and horror of their minds, at his appearing; they will fear his resentment of all their wicked words and actions; will dread his wrath, and tremble at his righteous judgment:

I do believe, that many who see Him, will still deny Him, for they will not be willing to give up their lifestyle, or the love for this world.

Verse 8: I am the Beginning, and the Ending, I am here now, I have always been, and I will always be, the Almighty. Says the Lord God.

Many, myself included, believe that after Jesus sacrificed Himself on the cross, that God the Father, gave everything to Jesus. Jesus, became the King, and God the Father, had just one job left to do, and that was to tell Jesus, when He could come back. When that is done, God the Fathers, work on this planet is finished.

On a side note: I don't believe that any of this has anything to do with my personal salvation, I simple believe, that if someone recognizes that they are a sinner, and realizes that Jesus was the Son of God, that He was crucified, and rose again, and we truly want forgiveness of our sins, that we only have to ask Him, and those sins will be forgiven.

More to come in the future, if the Good Lord's willin and the creek's don't rise.

With a title like the Revelator, I would think you need Schwartzeneger or Bruce Willis.

Forum List

Back