Neurosurgeon Claims He's Been to Heaven

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1413579307339_Image_galleryImage_AD_149073429_Read_Only_jp.JPG

Confirmation for those who believe and total fraud for those who don't. You and I both know this isn't going to change anybody's mind but it makes interesting reading – and viewing.

Story and video @ What heaven s really like - by a leading brain surgeon who says he s been there Read his testimony before you scoff...it might just shake your beliefs Daily Mail Online

Confirmation for those who believe and total fraud for those who don't. You and I both know this isn't going to change anybody's mind but it makes interesting reading – and viewing.

Story and video @ What heaven s really like - by a leading brain surgeon who says he s been there Read his testimony before you scoff...it might just shake your beliefs Daily Mail Online

I don't think he's making it up. I think he really believes it.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

He should know that his mind was playing tricks on him or that was just a dream.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

So a neurosurgeon who claims he went to heaven is credible, simply because he's a neurosurgeon?

Hate to break it to everyone, but advanced degrees like MD and PhD don't mean someone can't be out where the buses don't run. All it means is they managed to get through grad school.

So...The guy whose brain is being "eaten away like by acid" has a voyage to trip out city, calls it heaven, and that's proof? Ok. :)

People been claiming this kind of thing for decades whether on hallucinogenics, or schitzophrenic, or after some brain injury. Doesn't mean it's anything more than culture has a well-defined idea of what heaven's like, so when our brains are freed up to trip and hallucinate, it's not unusual to misperceive things so as to fit this idea. Like when people reported seeing aliens prior to movies and entertainment depicting them as "Grays" they were describes as human in appearence. Once Grays became popular, supposed alien encounters were with Grays. Same thing going on with heaven. People have an expectation of what heaven's like so everyone description of it fits that cultural idea.

I don't think he's making it up. I think he really believes it.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

He should know that his mind was playing tricks on him or that was just a dream.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

NDEs may be caused by anoxia, or a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Near-Death Experience - Electrical Stimulation Of The Brain Experiences Oxygen and People - JRank Articles

People been claiming this kind of thing for decades whether on hallucinogenics, or schitzophrenic, or after some brain injury. Doesn't mean it's anything more than culture has a well-defined idea of what heaven's like, so when our brains are freed up to trip and hallucinate, it's not unusual to misperceive things so as to fit this idea. Like when people reported seeing aliens prior to movies and entertainment depicting them as "Grays" they were describes as human in appearence. Once Grays became popular, supposed alien encounters were with Grays. Same thing going on with heaven. People have an expectation of what heaven's like so everyone description of it fits that cultural idea.

"People who report near-death experiences have elevated levels of carbon dioxide in their blood and may be suffering oxygen deprivations, according to a new study published in the medical journal Critical Care."

"The study, by Slovenian researchers, examined 52 heart attack patients in three large hospitals. Of those, 11 reported having near-death experiences (NDEs), such as movement toward a bright light, feelings of peace and joy, and profoundly spiritual moments during their heart attacks. Studies suggest that between 10 percent and 25 percent of heart attack survivors report NDEs."

Near-Death Experiences Linked to Oxygen Deprivation

Forum List

Back