Results have started trickling in

CaféAuLait;5401650 said:
It's over. Just scroll the percentage by county and then take a look at county pop. Then factor in actual turn out.

Even MSNBC called Walker as the winner.

Gee, he STAYS in office, big 'win' there. He outspent his opponent 5-1. "Even MSNBC" calls it, so much for that claim of bias. Unions did not influence, big money from out of state DID; Wisconsin deserves what it gets from here on in.

I really feel sorry for them. They have a balanced budget, no public service workers laid off, attracting new business to the state and a 6.7% unemployment rate that is heading down.

They should be the envy of the other 49 states.

CaféAuLait;5401650 said:
It's over. Just scroll the percentage by county and then take a look at county pop. Then factor in actual turn out.

Gee, he STAYS in office, big 'win' there. He outspent his opponent 5-1. "Even MSNBC" calls it, so much for that claim of bias. Unions did not influence, big money from out of state DID; Wisconsin deserves what it gets from here on in.

How much did Obama outspend McCain by in 2008? How much of a money advantage does Obama currently have over Romney? It's not like MSNBC had much of choice in calling it the numbers don't lie the fact they called it does not change their bias.

CaféAuLait;5401650 said:

The unions had ever available outlet. That they failed isn't any groups fault than their own. Good bye.

Holding steady at 19 points now, with 40% reporting.

A blowout for a man winning a RECALL? Good one. I just hope no recount, unlike Florida there is no automatic recount if the candidates are close enough.
Do you deliberately come across as obtuse?

The recall is beginning to look like a blowout. Though, there is some time go to yet before I'd even think about calling it.

You just don't get it. A sitting Governor was not rejected, and out spent his opponent 5-1; some blowout. His owners paid many millions to keep their boy in office. Most of walker's money came from OUTSIDE Wisconsin, so much for "unions" trying to control this RECALL vote.

The serious, unhappy reality: Wisconsin is divided; Bush divided the nation, and Obama has not brought us together. It is appearing in many states, elections are meaner & much more expensive.

A blowout for a man winning a RECALL? Good one. I just hope no recount, unlike Florida there is no automatic recount if the candidates are close enough.

The recall is beginning to look like a blowout. Though, there is some time go to yet before I'd even think about calling it.

You just don't get it. A sitting Governor was not rejected, and out spent his opponent 5-1; some blowout. His owners paid many millions to keep their boy in office. Most of walker's money came from OUTSIDE Wisconsin, so much for "unions" trying to control this RECALL vote.

The serious, unhappy reality: Wisconsin is divided; Bush divided the nation, and Obama has not brought us together. It is appearing in many states, elections are meaner & much more expensive.
No, I get it. You want to whine about being outspent, but turn a blind eye when it is your side that is doing the heavy spending.

What you fail to get is this. If Walker had lost, he would not be Governor. that means that this is a FULL election, just like the one in November of 2010. The winner gets to sit in the big chair.

That is the bottom line.

Now, it isn't what I would call a blowout since the numbers tightened down some, but it is definitely a MANDATE to the Governor by the people of Wisconsin.

That is all that matters now.

No, Obama has done far more dividing and continues to do so.

58% to 41% is pretty much a blow out in politics.
The nice thing is other governors are looking at this and saying, if Walker could survive taking on the unions in a very blue state then I could afford to stick my neck out too.
Expect more public sector union busting in the future. With similar results: balanced budgets, lower taxes, no layoffs.

The Democrats come off looking like the bad guys here. I doubt they will challenge the results, it just makes them look all the more manipulative and out of touch.

The nice thing is other governors are looking at this and saying, if Walker could survive taking on the unions in a very blue state then I could afford to stick my neck out too.
Expect more public sector union busting in the future. With similar results: balanced budgets, lower taxes, no layoffs.
I agree that this will embolden other Governors.....at least, I hope it will.

Your side started the process deary, you had your shot and got your butt wiped. Get over it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I agree that this will embolden other Governors.....at least, I hope it will.

It si a win win for everyone except union leaders. Lower taxes for the taxpayers, no layoffs for the employees, no deficit for the budget.
Who could hate that? Obviously not Wisconsin.

Okay.....55% reporting...which is My magical number....

Scott Walker 673,228 58.1%
Tom Barrett 478,826 41.3
Hari Trivedi 6,724 0.6

Tom Barrett 478,826 41.3
Hari Trivedi 6,724 0.6

So why was the pre election polling so far off on this one?
My own explanation, unscientific, is that a lot of people, esp union members, didnt want to tell pollsters they were going to vote for Walker because there was such pressure to vote against him. But inside the polling booth they pulled for Walker.
What do you think?

I think LOLberals and unions thugs should crawl back under their manholes for a while in Wisconsin.

Tom Barrett 478,826 41.3
Hari Trivedi 6,724 0.6

My own explanation, unscientific, is that a lot of people, esp union members, didnt want to tell pollsters they were going to vote for Walker because there was such pressure to vote against him. But inside the polling booth they pulled for Walker.
What do you think?

I think Milwaukee will help end this at about 54% to 45%. The polls were pretty close.

Tom Barrett 478,826 41.3
Hari Trivedi 6,724 0.6

What do you think?
I couldn't even venture a guess. I think that the pollsters may have a bit of bias to the left.

This discrepancy makes those mail fliers even more ominous now though.

Forum List

Back