Reshaping US aid to the Palestinians

Lklkl
"Jews share common culture based in Judiasm, they are also a diverse population from around the world who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other."

Jew from Yemen (1st temple exiled community) :
Chief_Rabbi_of_Yemen%2C_Yihya_Yitzhak_Halevi.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew (2n'd Temple excile):
81379180100099640360no.jpg

Jew from Yemen:
483px-Yemen1.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew :
1569725-46.jpg

Jews in Yemen:
41468530100099408308no.jpg

Rabbi Kook (Lithuanian Community 1st chief Ashknaz Rabbi and Zionist visionary)
PHG1006342%20(Small).jpg

Ashkenaz (Rabbi Rosenboim):
images

Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak (Yemeni community):
images

Rabbi Landoy Zt"l (Polish community)
shachal.JPG

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Zt'l (Babylon community Chief Mizrahi Rabbi of Israel)
%D7%9E%D7%A8%D7%9F-%D7%94%D7%A8%D7%91-%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%91%D7%93%D7%99%D7%94-%D7%99%D7%95%D7%A1%D7%A3-%D7%A6%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%9D-%D7%A2%D7%96%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%9C-%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%941.jpg

Hofetz Haim Zt"l (Ashknaz sage)
lech283_%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0_11_%D0%98%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_0001-e1447201169788.jpg

Rabbi Mordechai Elyahu Zt"l (Babylon, Chief Mizrahi Rabbi of Israel)
hqdefault.jpg

Shlomo Weizman (Ashknaz)
ScreenHunter_153%20Aug.%2028%2015.01.jpg

Tal Barzilay (Morocco)

rsz_615_346_tal_barzilay_615_346_1704.jpg

When Jews from Yemen came to Israel they wore the exact same traditional garbs, same colors even.
Their pronunciation of Hebrew was 85% similar (2 letters pronounced only slightly different). They wore the same sidelocks that made them different from any other nation. And their construction of the scroll was exactly similar. These were 2 furthest communities from their homeland Eretz Yisrael, north Europe and south Arabia, and yet they were strikingly similar.

Now to suggest they had more in common with the locals is to erase the Holocaust and 2000 years of our indescribable genocide. We tried to be like them once in Germany, to the fullest extent - the result is known, yet You suggest we had more in common with Germans than with fellow Jews who were persecuted for their striking difference in every corner of the earth. GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR HEART AND SENSES FAST!

You can search and find pictures showing similarities and select those. But do a search for Jews around the world and along with similarities you see many differences. Search for Jewish cuisine around the world..again, much variety along with common customs.

My question is two:

Why is this a bad thing? It isnt. It is wealth.

And what I am seeing is a reflexive reaction to anything that might imply Judaism is not the same around the world because that feeds into the anti Semitic rhetoric that tries to claim Judaism is not a distinct culture. Diversity within a culture is not absence of a culture.

And yet you can not give the same consideration to Palestinian identity which was forged in conflict and loss...sound familiar ?

Diversity?
Is it like Iraqi Jews eating a lamb head on Passover while Ashkenazi eat a fish head because Europe was poor at the time?

You have zero knowledge on the issue.

Or maybe it's that Yemeni and Ashknaz Jews put their sidelocks and tzitzit outside while Sephardic hide it behind the ears and inside pants because of Spanish inquisition?

If You cared to get beyond Your one liners, and actually read some about a nation with 3500 years of unique culture, that was ALWAYS DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE You'd find out how astonishingly small and irrelevant are Your points.. :cranky:
I am not depending on one liners. Are you?

:eusa_doh: Read again whatYou've just written.
My posts are detailed and extensive, and I don't need to links for that volume, I know my stuff.
On the other hand You base Your whole argument on short assumptions and look for articles to back it up later.

Here's an idea- Jews are people of literacy, READ SOME ORIGINALS before even touching on the subject, I can write a website claiming turtles are from mars and some idiot will pick it up, doesn't take too much brain power.
I use sources to back up what I argue, because that is generally the proper thing to do. You certainly used the Hamas charter as a frequent source. I do not rely on one liners unless I am being deliberately pissy, and I genuinely avoid that with you a few others because though ?I don’t agree, I respect your views.

Here is an idea. Apply the same standards and consideration you demand for Jews, to what constitutes a people to the Palestinians instead of going along with the “Arab Moslems” and “European Invaders” style of categorization.

When Jews have a 2nd country....not 34th one.
We can apply same standards.

Meantime the Caliphate wants to eat the little we have, ending up with 3 Arab states out of territory that was alloted for our sovereignty.

No equivalence at all. Give us Medina back and we'll consider it a start of good negotiations, mkay?

Lklkl
You can search and find pictures showing similarities and select those. But do a search for Jews around the world and along with similarities you see many differences. Search for Jewish cuisine around the world..again, much variety along with common customs.

My question is two:

Why is this a bad thing? It isnt. It is wealth.

And what I am seeing is a reflexive reaction to anything that might imply Judaism is not the same around the world because that feeds into the anti Semitic rhetoric that tries to claim Judaism is not a distinct culture. Diversity within a culture is not absence of a culture.

And yet you can not give the same consideration to Palestinian identity which was forged in conflict and loss...sound familiar ?

Diversity?
Is it like Iraqi Jews eating a lamb head on Passover while Ashkenazi eat a fish head because Europe was poor at the time?

Or maybe it's that Yemeni and Ashknaz Jews put their sidelocks and tzitzit outside while Sephardic hide it behind the ears and inside pants because of Spanish inquisition?

If You cared to get beyond Your one liners, and actually read some about a nation with 3500 years of unique culture, that was ALWAYS DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE You'd find out how astonishingly small and irrelevant are Your points.. :cranky:

My posts are detailed and extensive, and I don't need to links for that volume, I know my stuff.
On the other hand You base Your whole argument on short assumptions and look for articles to back it up later.

Here's an idea- Jews are people of literacy, READ SOME ORIGINALS before even touching on the subject, I can write a website claiming turtles are from mars and some idiot will pick it up, doesn't take too much brain power.
I use sources to back up what I argue, because that is generally the proper thing to do. You certainly used the Hamas charter as a frequent source. I do not rely on one liners unless I am being deliberately pissy, and I genuinely avoid that with you a few others because though ?I don’t agree, I respect your views.

Here is an idea. Apply the same standards and consideration you demand for Jews, to what constitutes a people to the Palestinians instead of going along with the “Arab Moslems” and “European Invaders” style of categorization.

Meantime the Caliphate wants to eat the little we have, ending up with 3 Arab states out of territory that was alloted for our sovergnty.

No equivalence at all.
Standards and rights are or should be applied equally.

Guess not.

You can’t even bring yourself to grant the Palestinians an identity as a people

The 'identity' of Palestinians is not a static definition. In Ottoman and British Palestine, a Palestinian was any inhabitant of the region ... Arab, Jew, Gentile, Druze, Buddhist, and Druid.

During the days of post-War settlement, the Arab Palestinians identified themselves as Arabs, to differentiate themselves from Jewish Palestinians. They spoke Arabic. Politically, they were members of the Arab League, the same Arab League that on their behalf rejected the UN offer of a Palestinian state in 1947.

In 1967, after the Arab League under the leadership of Abdul Nassir suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Israel Army, the Palestinians took on their own self-identity, as a separate people, similar in language, religion, and culture to the Arabs, but not Arabs -- but, who chose an Egyptian Arab to lead them.

The term Palestine isn't an Arab word. The word can't be spelled in Arabic, which doesn't have a letter 'P'. In fact, the term Palestine is Greek, a pejorative word play on Israel. Israel means, literally, 'he that wrestled with an angel'. The Greek word Palaistis for wrestler became the Roman's idea of a funny nickname for the Jewish kingdom.

So, it's safe to say, 'Palestinians' is a very difficult identity to accurately define.

Diversity?

Meantime the Caliphate wants to eat the little we have, ending up with 3 Arab states out of territory that was alloted for our sovergnty.

No equivalence at all.

Guess not.

Not when You demand a single Jewish state to be given to a 50 -"who knows what" Arab Islamic state.

Is this what You call equality?

Diversity?

No equivalence at all.

Guess not.

Why won’t you admit that every mostly Islamic country is primitive and dangerous compared to western nations and Israel? Is that so difficult for you?

Genetics used for political purpose is Eugenics.
You and most vile antisemites here have used it too much to be taken as anything other than that. Jews used to get into fights over such issues in every diaspora shithole they were thrown to.
I am sick and tired of you pulling the antisemitism card when someone disagrees. It is like walking on eggshells trying to have a discussion. I use sources, NOT hate sites, that are legitimate. And the ultimate irony.. ? You can’t even bring yourself to grant the Palestinians an identity as a people. :mad:
And I will ask again:

What is the Palestinian identity, especially when they built a Museum and managed to put absolutely nothing in it?
Who are you to decide whether a people has an identity?
In other words, you cannot tell what the Palestinians identify as?

As eternal refugees (as long as Israel exists) ?
Creators of suicide belts?
People who go around attacking every Jew they find because their education tells them to do so?
Hijackers of planes and ships?
Murderers of Israeli Olympic Athletes?
Martyrs for the cause of Palestine, where bombing buses, Pizza parlors, clubs, etc is viewed as heroic?

That ......is their identity. The one you do not seem to be able to acknowledge.

THEY have decided that THAT is their identity.

I did not. Israel did not.

Their leaders did. From Husseini to Abbas, to Hamas, and the Arab League.

And with only one goal, until they reach it.

Once they do, they will reinvent their identity and will call themselves something else.
So you do not think the Palestinians are a people? Do you think they have any rights then, since they are not a people in your view?
Twist and turn everything any one of us say because your are amazingly ignorant of what you are saying, and it only suits you to attacks us as if we believed that peaceful Palestinians do not have rights.

Peaceful Palestinians have the right that the non peaceful Palestinians are refusing to give them. And that is the main problem, still and as long as leaders like Abbas are in power.

Apparently you truly do not know, or care, what the meaning of the word People, is. Much less what make the Palestinian Arabs the only Arabs in the world who go out of their way to kill Jews at the rate that they do.

Oops!!!
Looks to me that the Warring Palestinian Arabs do not believe that the Jews are even Humans, and definitely do NOT have any rights.

Let me substantiate what I said above with lists of all the attacks on Jews since 1920.
Look at how Arab Palestinians are taught that Jews are Humans, have rights, and have the right to live on their ancient homeland without being constantly attacked.....

List of killings and massacres in Mandatory Palestine - Wikipedia

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia

Comprehensive Listing of Terrorism Victims in Israel

ARE JEWS HUMAN ?

DO JEWS HAVE RIGHTS?

DO JEWS HAVE RIGHTS IN THE MUSLIM WORLD?

It is bizarre to measure what is right by the religious make up of a nation even when those nations are culturally diverse...sharing only a religion.

Guess we can’t have any more Christian nation’s or Muslim nation’s even if there are legitimate groups wanting autonomy. Too many of them. The Buddhists and Jews have to catch up. Oh and there are NO nations for Yazidi’s, B’hai, Zororastians, Pagans, Jains, or Mandaeans either. I hope you are keeping a tally of all this (or is it only Muslim nation’s).

It is bizarre to measure what is right by the religious make up of a nation even when those nations are culturally diverse...sharing only a religion.

Guess we can’t have any more Christian nation’s or Muslim nation’s even if there are legitimate groups wanting autonomy. Too many of them. The Buddhists and Jews have to catch up. Oh and there are NO nations for Yazidi’s, B’hai, Zororastians, Pagans, Jains, or Mandaeans either. I hope you are keeping a tally of all this (or is it only Muslim nation’s).

There isn’t one for Satanists either. Oh sorry we have 53 Muslim nations....

Moral relativism is when You don't understand shit about the issue,
so You call things equal in order not to address anything in reality.

It's an art of keeping any situation in status quo no matter what.

So in order to NOT have a Jewish state , one is ready to call some 60 nations out of existence?
Nice... sorry I didn't prepare my "surprised" look beforehand.

Yazidis state depends on the decolonization of Muslim forces.
Zoroastians as well. Pagans have a huge country and several others.
Others I don't know. Kurds need to decolonize Syria and Iraq as well for their independence....
Spain did that once, they're independent ever since. Greeks come to mind as well.

For Jews there's an opposite demand.

Last edited:
I am sick and tired of you pulling the antisemitism card when someone disagrees. It is like walking on eggshells trying to have a discussion. I use sources, NOT hate sites, that are legitimate. And the ultimate irony.. ? You can’t even bring yourself to grant the Palestinians an identity as a people. :mad:
And I will ask again:

What is the Palestinian identity, especially when they built a Museum and managed to put absolutely nothing in it?

People who go around attacking every Jew they find because their education tells them to do so?
Martyrs for the cause of Palestine, where bombing buses, Pizza parlors, clubs, etc is viewed as heroic?

That ......is their identity. The one you do not seem to be able to acknowledge.

Once they do, they will reinvent their identity and will call themselves something else.
So you do not think the Palestinians are a people? Do you think they have any rights then, since they are not a people in your view?
Twist and turn everything any one of us say because your are amazingly ignorant of what you are saying, and it only suits you to attacks us as if we believed that peaceful Palestinians do not have rights.

Peaceful Palestinians have the right that the non peaceful Palestinians are refusing to give them. And that is the main problem, still and as long as leaders like Abbas are in power.

Apparently you truly do not know, or care, what the meaning of the word People, is. Much less what make the Palestinian Arabs the only Arabs in the world who go out of their way to kill Jews at the rate that they do.

Oops!!!
Looks to me that the Warring Palestinian Arabs do not believe that the Jews are even Humans, and definitely do NOT have any rights.

Let me substantiate what I said above with lists of all the attacks on Jews since 1920.
Look at how Arab Palestinians are taught that Jews are Humans, have rights, and have the right to live on their ancient homeland without being constantly attacked.....

ARE JEWS HUMAN ?

DO JEWS HAVE RIGHTS?

I have answered your three questions many times before. Yes Unequivocally to the first two in addition I recognize their rights as a people. As to rights in the Muslim world, depends on the country. I am not defending the actions of any country and it has no bearing on the rights of a people not in that country.

How about you?

ARE PALESTINIANS HUMAN?

DO PALESTINIANS HAVE RIGHTS?

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THE PALESTINIANS RIGHTS AS A PEOPLE?

Your ignorance on the subject is sorely shown in this post.

You know nothing about those religions, their culture, etc etc

You seem to continuously cry for one people who keep going out of their way to destroy and kill another people who happen to be living on their own ancient homeland .....because......their religion has been teaching them that it should be that way.....for the past 100 plus years.

You do not see that both members of Islam and Christianity, from all they have been fed for the past 2000 years, can only accept the Jewish people as being under their feet.

Stop talking about things you have no understanding of, at all.

This thread was started to discuss why the Palestinians should or should not get any funds from the US, and for that matter, anywhere in the world.

We have all explained why we are for defunding the Palestinians.

We are equally for sanctioning Iran, and any other territory or country which does as much damage and insists in such behaviors, that other countries must act accordingly to try to stop that behavior.

Let us not turn any of it into.....the Palestinians are not a people, or any other excuse to keep giving UNWRA, BDS and all other forms of attacks against Jews a legitimacy they do not deserve.

Those organizations, and the Arabs/Muslims/Palestinians have only one goal.

DESTROY ISRAEL

Take the land back into Muslim hands.

No need to discuss anyone's identity or the lack of it.

The Arabs who have lived in the Mandate and now have governments in Gaza and Ramallah, have this written on their charters, spread in their school curriculum, media, even their map of the State of Palestine tells us what their identity is.

A world without Israel.

Period.

So in order to NOT have a Jewish state , one is ready to call some 60 nations out of existence?

You are the one who decided there needs to be some sort of equivalency system based on religion. I have no issue with a Jewish majority state. I support it. It is viable, running well and has a reasonable degree of human rights, democratic values and judicial accountability. I just don’t happen to believe that a people’s rights should be dependent on some sort of cosmic religious tally where nations are carefully checked off to make sure all have an equally number of states demographically assigned to them.

And I will ask again:

Oops!!!

ARE JEWS HUMAN ?

DO JEWS HAVE RIGHTS?

I have answered your three questions many times before. Yes Unequivocally to the first two in addition I recognize their rights as a people. As to rights in the Muslim world, depends on the country. I am not defending the actions of any country and it has no bearing on the rights of a people not in that country.

How about you?

ARE PALESTINIANS HUMAN?

ARE PALESTINIANS HUMAN? Yes

DO PALESTINIANS HAVE RIGHTS? Yes

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THE PALESTINIANS RIGHTS AS A PEOPLE? Yes

Now, ask the Arab League and the Arab leaders in Gaza and Ramallah, the questions I put above.

And ask them, if we Jews are people, and we have rights, and they recognize the Jewish People's rights as a People, then why do they continue to incite in every possible way against Israel and against any and all Jews, having the right to live on any part of their ancient homeland, as they have been doing since 1920?

Let me know the answer to the questions when you get any answer from them.

You seem to continuously cry for one people who keep going out of their way to destroy and kill another people who happen to be living on their own ancient homeland .....because......their religion has been teaching them that it should be that way.....for the past 100 plus years.

You do not see that both members of Islam and Christianity, from all they have been fed for the past 2000 years, can only accept the Jewish people as being under their feet.

This thread was started to discuss why the Palestinians should or should not get any funds from the US, and for that matter, anywhere in the world.

We are equally for sanctioning Iran, and any other territory or country which does as much damage and insists in such behaviors, that other countries must act accordingly to try to stop that behavior.

Let us not turn any of it into.....the Palestinians are not a people, or any other excuse to keep giving UNWRA, BDS and all other forms of attacks against Jews a legitimacy they do not deserve.

DESTROY ISRAEL

The Arabs who have lived in the Mandate and now have governments in Gaza and Ramallah, have this written on their charters, spread in their school curriculum, media, even their map of the State of Palestine tells us what their identity is.

A world without Israel.

Period.

Your ignorance is apparent in your unwillingness to consider that other points of view may have validity.

Of course you are for defunding the Palestinians. And I showed you how, for every reason you gave, there were other nations with similar issues or who were getting even more funding, , who were not defunded. In example after example, Palestinians were uniquely singled out for defunding. If it were Israel, you would call it anti Semitic.

You are the one who decided there needs to be some sort of equivalency system based on religion. I have no issue with a Jewish majority state. I support it. It is viable, running well and has a reasonable degree of human rights, democratic values and judicial accountability. I just don’t happen to believe that a people’s rights should be dependent on some sort of cosmic religious tally where nations are carefully checked off to make sure all have an equally number of states demographically assigned to them.
It is not amazing that you did not get what Rylah meant by how many nations any religion should have.

But.....

Oops!!!

ARE JEWS HUMAN ?

DO JEWS HAVE RIGHTS?

How about you?

ARE PALESTINIANS HUMAN?

ARE PALESTINIANS HUMAN? Yes

DO PALESTINIANS HAVE RIGHTS? Yes

DO YOU RECOGNIZE THE PALESTINIANS RIGHTS AS A PEOPLE? Yes

Now, ask the Arab League and the Arab leaders in Gaza and Ramallah, the questions I put above.

And ask them, if we Jews are people, and we have rights, and they recognize the Jewish People's rights as a People, then why do they continue to incite in every possible way against Israel and against any and all Jews, having the right to live on any part of their ancient homeland, as they have been doing since 1920?

Let me know the answer to the questions when you get any answer from them.

It does not matter what they think in terms of whether a people is a people. They do not have to be likable, cuddly or cute to have a national identity.

It is not amazing that you did not get what Rylah meant by how many nations any religion should have.

But.....
It is not amazing that you base a people’s rights on how many nations their religion happens to dominate. I have never heard this argument made in any other area.

Here we go again... but You have no problem with a Muslim state on behalf of a Jewish one.
You just don't happen to believe that belief is solid for something You believe is right or wrong....

I just don't know how to deal with that kind of ... circular wisdom.:rolleyes:
Sort out Your beliefs then, when they're solid, we might discuss actual facts.

DESTROY ISRAEL

A world without Israel.

Period.

Your ignorance is apparent in your unwillingness to consider that other points of view may have validity.

Of course you are for defunding the Palestinians. And I showed you how, for every reason you gave, there were other nations with similar issues or who were getting even more funding, , who were not defunded. In example after example, Palestinians were uniquely singled out for defunding. If it were Israel, you would call it anti Semitic.
So, you do not know the facts of life......

And I am ignorant....

So be it.....

At least I am an ignorant person who knows what the Billions of dollars and Euros have contributed towards making the world less safe, because the Arabs/Muslims/Palestinians continue to be given a green light to attack Jews not only in Israel, but all over the world.

Keep UNWRA and the continuous curriculum of hatred for Israel and Jews.
SURE......that kind of curriculum exist in Tibet, and North Cyprus and many other countries against the other side.

Sure it does.......I have not seen it, but if you think that this kind of thinking and behavior actually exists with other conflicts and aid to those should also be cut, I am all for it.

Lets cut any and all aid to any and all occupations (Britain alone has 15 colonies), and lets see if brings us closer to peace in the world.

Poor Palestinians. They did not know that the Husseini Clan was going to
dump them into a world of hell in 1920.

Had they known, they would have never had migrated to the Mandate, much less stayed around.

With friends like the Arab League, who needs enemies?

Forum List

Back