Reshaping US aid to the Palestinians

But you are. Reciting history, stating the difference between ME Jews and EUR Jews. LOL.

There is a reason Jews persevere despite our small numbers. We don't have wars and try to kill one another. We help one another at all costs and stand together unified. At least 99% of us do. We all suffered a similar despair not all that long ago. Those who are not Jews simply do not grasp this bond. And every time they denounce Israel and applaud the terror territory of Gaza and Fatah controlled West Bank we just shake our heads.
Christians in Egypt are different than Christians in France are different than Christians in Mexico. Muslims in the US are different than Muslims in Saudi are different than Muslims in China.

Are you saying that all Jews are are the same? They share a common heritage and the culture that comes with that heritage but they are also very diverse. That shouldn’t be seen as a negative.

They share the same will to survive and thrive in a world where people despise them. Are you American?
Yes.

Jews are 3% of the population but statistically are the wealthiest. Also can you name one mostly Jewish neighborhood that is a bad neighborhood? We succeed despite the blatant antisemitism in this country. Why do you think that is?
What is your point?

I oppose antisemitism.

And Islamophobia.

And racism.

My point is that Jews are able to succeed because of our close knit ties and same drive to help one another. Unlike other minorities that many times sabotage one another. Islamaphobia is a terrible term. People aren’t scared of Islam. They don’t like Radical Islam. Islamaphobia is the weapon of the Left.

Christians in Egypt are different than Christians in France are different than Christians in Mexico. Muslims in the US are different than Muslims in Saudi are different than Muslims in China.

Are you saying that all Jews are are the same? They share a common heritage and the culture that comes with that heritage but they are also very diverse. That shouldn’t be seen as a negative.

They share the same will to survive and thrive in a world where people despise them. Are you American?
Yes.

Jews are 3% of the population but statistically are the wealthiest. Also can you name one mostly Jewish neighborhood that is a bad neighborhood? We succeed despite the blatant antisemitism in this country. Why do you think that is?
What is your point?

I oppose antisemitism.

And Islamophobia.

And racism.

My point is that Jews are able to succeed because of our close knit ties and same drive to help one another. Unlike other minorities that many times sabotage one another. Islamaphobia is a terrible term. People aren’t scared of Islam. They don’t like Radical Islam. Islamaphobia is the weapon of the Left.
Islamophobia describes hatred towards Muslims...not the best term. Many people do not see any difference between Muslims and extremists so the hate and rhetoric is much like that directed against Jews. A convenient scale goat, it is socially acceptable to hate Muslims in today’s political climate.

Yes.

What is your point?

I oppose antisemitism.

And Islamophobia.

And racism.

Islamophobia describes hatred towards Muslims...not the best term. Many people do not see any difference between Muslims and extremists so the hate and rhetoric is much like that directed against Jews. A convenient scale goat,

Incorrect. Phobia means fear. And many cannot tell the difference between extremists and moderates. Including you and I. I dont see BDS movements on college campuses against mostly Muslim countries just one Jewish one.

What is your point?

I oppose antisemitism.

And Islamophobia.

And racism.

Islamophobia describes hatred towards Muslims...not the best term. Many people do not see any difference between Muslims and extremists so the hate and rhetoric is much like that directed against Jews. A convenient scale goat,

Incorrect. Phobia means fear. And many cannot tell the difference between extremists and moderates. Including you and I. I dont see BDS movements on college campuses against mostly Muslim countries just one Jewish one.

I see a lot of hate and violence directed at Muslims in the US. I see politicians trying to prevent mosques from being built, people calling for Islam to be banned, revocation of citizenship, Muslim databases etc. at least when nuts attack Jews we call it it what is, anti semitism, and marginalize them. We don’t call them patriots.

What is your point?

I oppose antisemitism.

And Islamophobia.

And racism.

I see a lot of hate and violence directed at Muslims in the US. I see politicians trying to prevent mosques from being built, people calling for Islam to be banned, revocation of citizenship, Muslim databases etc. at least when nuts attack Jews we call it it what is, anti semitism, and marginalize them. We don’t call them patriots.

Colleges support open BDS movements on campuses. Google it. I dont see what you see when it comes to Muslims. The anger is due to Afghanistan, Iraq, ISIS and 9/11. People are angry. I don’t see any open anti Muslim marches on college campuses or anti black or anti Asian. But anti Jew is acceptable. Why is that so you think?

T
That would have been the best solution, yes -- for the Arabs who had no identity other than as Arab to have settled with the Arabs with whom they were indistinguishable.
That would be like saying send the Jews back to Europe so they can settle among those from whom they are in distinguishable.

Basicaly Team Israel seems to be promoting uprooting Palestinians from their homeland. How convenient.
False equivalency. No other mostly Jewish nations.
Doesnt matter if you are promoting expulsions ... Jews that came from Europe share a common European culture. Given the heavy handed approach of denying identity in order to get rid of people why not?

Now don't you fall for this "Jews are Europeans" crap and start repeating it.

The common culture the Jewish people have in Israel is the Jewish culture. That's what binds them together and makes them the Jewish people.
I was using that as an example for those here who call for expelling Palestinians to other Arab countries because they are culturally indistinguishable. I could just as easily said let's expell everyone from Oregon, return the land to the natives and transfer the people to Mississippi....because after all they culturslly the same (sarcasm alert). You can make a valid argument that while Jews sharecommon culture based in Judiasm, they are also a diverse population from around the world who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other. French Jews consider themselves French. Jews from Arabicized cultures are considered Arab. If you say a Palestinian could be dumped in Syria and no one could tell the difference...then couldn't the same be said of a Jew from France? Jews share a common Jewish identy gained from millinea of shared and as well as diverging cultural development. The same can be said of the Pakestinians though their cultural identity is more recent.

The people here who work very hard to deny the Palestinians their identity are no different from their ideological opposites who put their energy into denying Jews their unique identity.

The question I have to ask is this : why do both sides view this as a zero sum equation where one sides identity has to be demolished in order to "win"?

"Jews share common culture based in Judiasm, they are also a diverse population from around the world who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other."

Jew from Yemen (1st temple exiled community) :
Chief_Rabbi_of_Yemen%2C_Yihya_Yitzhak_Halevi.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew (2n'd Temple excile):
81379180100099640360no.jpg

Jew from Yemen:
483px-Yemen1.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew :
1569725-46.jpg

Jews in Yemen:
41468530100099408308no.jpg

Rabbi Kook (Lithuanian Community 1st chief Ashknaz Rabbi and Zionist visionary)
PHG1006342%20(Small).jpg

Ashkenaz (Rabbi Rosenboim):
images

Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak (Yemeni community):
images

Rabbi Landoy Zt"l (Polish community)
shachal.JPG

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Zt'l (Babylon community Chief Mizrahi Rabbi of Israel)
%D7%9E%D7%A8%D7%9F-%D7%94%D7%A8%D7%91-%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%91%D7%93%D7%99%D7%94-%D7%99%D7%95%D7%A1%D7%A3-%D7%A6%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%9D-%D7%A2%D7%96%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%9C-%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%941.jpg

Hofetz Haim Zt"l (Ashknaz sage)
lech283_%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0_11_%D0%98%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_0001-e1447201169788.jpg

Rabbi Mordechai Elyahu Zt"l (Babylon, Chief Mizrahi Rabbi of Israel)
hqdefault.jpg

Shlomo Weizman (Ashknaz)
ScreenHunter_153%20Aug.%2028%2015.01.jpg

Tal Barzilay (Morocco)

rsz_615_346_tal_barzilay_615_346_1704.jpg

When Jews from Yemen came to Israel they wore the exact same traditional garbs, same colors even.
Their pronunciation of Hebrew was 85% similar (2 letters pronounced only slightly different). They wore the same sidelocks that made them different from any other nation. And their construction of the scroll was exactly similar. These were 2 furthest communities from their homeland Eretz Yisrael, north Europe and south Arabia, and yet they were strikingly similar.

Now to suggest they had more in common with the locals is to erase the Holocaust and 2000 years of our indescribable genocide. We tried to be like them once in Germany, to the fullest extent - the result is known, yet You suggest we had more in common with Germans than with fellow Jews who were persecuted for their striking difference in every corner of the earth. GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR HEART AND SENSES FAST!

Last edited:
Many American Jews when they first visit Israel state that is the only time they truly feel they are among their own people. The connection is deep.

Lklkl
T
That would be like saying send the Jews back to Europe so they can settle among those from whom they are in distinguishable.

Basicaly Team Israel seems to be promoting uprooting Palestinians from their homeland. How convenient.
Doesnt matter if you are promoting expulsions ... Jews that came from Europe share a common European culture. Given the heavy handed approach of denying identity in order to get rid of people why not?

The common culture the Jewish people have in Israel is the Jewish culture. That's what binds them together and makes them the Jewish people.
I was using that as an example for those here who call for expelling Palestinians to other Arab countries because they are culturally indistinguishable. I could just as easily said let's expell everyone from Oregon, return the land to the natives and transfer the people to Mississippi....because after all they culturslly the same (sarcasm alert). You can make a valid argument that while Jews sharecommon culture based in Judiasm, they are also a diverse population from around the world who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other. French Jews consider themselves French. Jews from Arabicized cultures are considered Arab. If you say a Palestinian could be dumped in Syria and no one could tell the difference...then couldn't the same be said of a Jew from France? Jews share a common Jewish identy gained from millinea of shared and as well as diverging cultural development. The same can be said of the Pakestinians though their cultural identity is more recent.

The people here who work very hard to deny the Palestinians their identity are no different from their ideological opposites who put their energy into denying Jews their unique identity.

The question I have to ask is this : why do both sides view this as a zero sum equation where one sides identity has to be demolished in order to "win"?

"Jews share common culture based in Judiasm, they are also a diverse population from around the world who share as much if not more in some cases with those cultures than with each other."

Jew from Yemen:
483px-Yemen1.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew :
1569725-46.jpg

Jews in Yemen:

PHG1006342%20(Small).jpg

images

images

shachal.JPG

%D7%9E%D7%A8%D7%9F-%D7%94%D7%A8%D7%91-%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%91%D7%93%D7%99%D7%94-%D7%99%D7%95%D7%A1%D7%A3-%D7%A6%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%9D-%D7%A2%D7%96%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%9C-%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%941.jpg

lech283_%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0_11_%D0%98%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5_0001-e1447201169788.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Shlomo Weizman (Ashknaz)

Tal Barzilay (Morocco)

When Jews from Yemen came to Israel they wore the exact same traditional garbs, same colors even.
Their pronunciation of Hebrew was 85% similar (2 letters pronounced only slightly different). They wore the same sidelocks that made them different from any other nation. And their construction of the scroll was exactly similar. These were 2 furthest communities from their homeland Eretz Yisrael, north Europe and south Arabia, and yet they were strikingly similar.

Now to suggest they had more in common with the locals is to erase the Holocaust and 2000 years of our indescribable genocide. We tried to be like them once in Germany, to the fullest extent - the result is known, yet You suggest we had more in common with Germans than with fellow Jews who were persecuted for their striking difference in every corner of the earth. GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR HEART AND SENSES FAST!

You can search and find pictures showing similarities and select those. But do a search for Jews around the world and along with similarities you see many differences. Search for Jewish cuisine around the world..again, much variety along with common customs.

My question is two:

Why is this a bad thing? It isnt. It is wealth.

And what I am seeing is a reflexive reaction to anything that might imply Judaism is not the same around the world because that feeds into the anti Semitic rhetoric that tries to claim Judaism is not a distinct culture. Diversity within a culture is not absence of a culture.

And yet you can not give the same consideration to Palestinian identity which was forged in conflict and loss...sound familiar ?

Many American Jews when they first visit Israel state that is the only time they truly feel they are among their own people. The connection is deep.
I don’t disagree. I am not strongly religious. I won’t ever feel the powerful connection each religion has towards its holy places.

. French Jews consider themselves French. Jews from Arabicized cultures are considered Arab.

No, no and again NO.
You have just deeply offended 2 groups of people with whom You probably had no prior extensive contact.
You have no idea how offensive this is, Hetzl became a Zionist exactly because of Dreyfus affair.
Don't ever call Jews - Arabs!
Arabs attempt to steal our identity in order to steal our land that they've colonized many times over, once again.
You don't have an idea what it was to NOT be an Arab in Iraq or Yemen, we NEVER were Arabs, we were always made clear we weren't, and they were very creative in inventing such ways - Yellow star for Jews rings a bell?!

What I find most interesting about this thread is that a simple subject that would have very limited interest to anyone who doesn't have a personal connection with either Israel or the Palestinians has within just a week accumulated nearly 600 posts.

Clearly a lot of people take strong positions on a subject that affects them in no significant way for a reason.

One doesn't have to be a detective to understand what that reason might be.

Lklkl

Jew from Yemen:
483px-Yemen1.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew :
1569725-46.jpg

Jews in Yemen:

PHG1006342%20(Small).jpg

images

images

shachal.JPG

hqdefault.jpg

Shlomo Weizman (Ashknaz)

Tal Barzilay (Morocco)

You can search and find pictures showing similarities and select those. But do a search for Jews around the world and along with similarities you see many differences. Search for Jewish cuisine around the world..again, much variety along with common customs.

My question is two:

And what I am seeing is a reflexive reaction to anything that might imply Judaism is not the same around the world because that feeds into the anti Semitic rhetoric that tries to claim Judaism is not a distinct culture. Diversity within a culture is not absence of a culture.

And yet you can not give the same consideration to Palestinian identity which was forged in conflict and loss...sound familiar ?

Diversity?
Is it like Iraqi Jews eating a lamb head on Passover while Ashkenazi eat a fish head because Europe was poor at the time?

You have zero knowledge on the issue.

Or maybe it's that Yemeni and Ashknaz Jews put their sidelocks and tzitzit outside while Sephardic hide it behind the ears and inside pants because of Spanish inquisition?

If You cared to get beyond Your one liners, and actually read some about a nation with 3500 years of unique culture, that was ALWAYS DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE You'd find out how astonishingly small and irrelevant are Your points.. :cranky:

. French Jews consider themselves French. Jews from Arabicized cultures are considered Arab.

No, no and again NO.
You have just deeply offended 2 groups of people with whom You probably had no prior extensive contact.
You have no idea how offensive this is, Hetzl became a Zionist exactly because of Dreyfus affair.
Arabs attempt to steal our identity in order to steal our land that they've colonized many times over, once again.
You don't have an idea what it was to NOT be an Arab in Iraq or Yemen, we NEVER were Arabs, we were always made clear we weren't, and they were very creative in inventing such ways - Yellow star for Jews rings a bell?!

I have not offended anyone. But maybe you. I am paraphrasing French Jews angered and upset at an increase in antisemitism in France, reacting to Netanyahu’s suggestion that they should immigrate to France with anger, stating that they should not have to, they were as French as any Frenchman (and the French government reiterated that).

I am also paraphrasing from how the Arab Jews are regarded in Israel...as Arabs:

Khaled Diab: Like the Palestinians, Middle Eastern Jews have fallen victim to political forces beyond their control

Lklkl

Jew from Yemen:
483px-Yemen1.jpg

Ashkenazi Jew :
1569725-46.jpg

Jews in Yemen:

PHG1006342%20(Small).jpg

images

images

shachal.JPG

hqdefault.jpg

Shlomo Weizman (Ashknaz)

Tal Barzilay (Morocco)

My question is two:

Diversity?
Is it like Iraqi Jews eating a lamb head on Passover while Ashkenazi eat a fish head because Europe was poor at the time?

You have zero knowledge on the issue.

Or maybe it's that Yemeni and Ashknaz Jews put their sidelocks and tzitzit outside while Sephardic hide it behind the ears and inside pants because of Spanish inquisition?

If You cared to get beyond Your one liners, and actually read some about a nation with 3500 years of unique culture, that was ALWAYS DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE You'd find out how astonishingly small and irrelevant are Your points.. :cranky:
I am not depending on one liners. Are you?

No, no and again NO.

I have not offended anyone. But maybe you. I am paraphrasing French Jews angered and upset at an increase in antisemitism in France, reacting to Netanyahu’s suggestion that they should immigrate to France with anger, stating that they should not have to, they were as French as any Frenchman (and the French government reiterated that).

I am also paraphrasing from how the Arab Jews are regarded in Israel...as Arabs:

Khaled Diab: Like the Palestinians, Middle Eastern Jews have fallen victim to political forces beyond their control

I speak Arabic, if someone would call me an Arab I'd get offended, as any other Jew.
We SURVIVED the Arabs, we're not one.
As much as we're not Germans or French.

You're getting on my nerves! I assume Your ancestors were the once who made sure we were NOT part of You no matter what. Now the audacity to call us Frenchm, Arab an German after all we've been through!?

You've crossed the thin line long ago.

Be'chol Lashon: About: The History of Jewish Diversity

The Jewish experience is built upon foundations of diversity as old as the Jewish people, a reality that may be lost to many Jews who tend to think of other Jews as being only like themselves. The historical home of the Jews lies at the geographic crossroads of Africa, Asia, and Europe. Jews are an amalgam of many peoples and Jewish origins include a multitude of languages, nations, tribes, and skin colors.

The essence of the story of the Jewish people is based on the Exodus from Egypt, where Jews sojourned for 400 years. The Exodus story is not only a metaphor for the escape from slavery to freedom; it is also a geographic journey that took the Hebrew people across the Sinai from Asia to Africa and back again. Over time, ancient Judea, Samaria, and Israel were conquered by the Babylonians, Greeks, Romans, and Turks, among others. Throughout the centuries, the Hebrews had long and deep connections with Mediterranean, European, Asian and African cultures. Today, Israel is one of the most racially, ethnically, and nationally diverse countries in the world, with immigrants from over 70 countries.

Even at their beginning, Jews were a blend of different groups. As Ephraim Isaac, Ph.D., the Ethiopian-born director of the Institute of Semitic Studies in Princeton, New Jersey, explains:

Over two thousand years ago, the Jews were an ethnic group\but even then not a “perfect” one. Since then, Jews have intermingled with many nations and absorbed many proselytes. [c] The ancient Israelites were not a racial unit but a sacral association, called an amphictyony by some scholars. They were a people bound together by a common language, and common territory, similar historical experience, and common consciousness. The Ark of the Covenant was the main sacred cult object and formed the center of worship. They had a primary unit of social and territorial organization, [c] and extended family that was then patrilineal. [c] It is the centrality of concern for the Torah revealed on Mount Sinai and the great values of our heritage that bind us together as Jews.
The story of the Jewish people is filled with interracial and intercultural mixing. After all, Israel's greatest prophet, Moses, married Zipporah, an Ethiopian. Solomon and David each took wives from Africa. Joseph married an Egyptian-an African. While so much of contemporary Jewish consciousness comes from Eastern and Central Europe, Jews have deep roots in Africa, and later in the Iberian Peninsula.

From their original homes in Asia and Africa, Jews spread across the globe. The World Jewish Congress survey of the Jewish Diaspora indicated that by the mid-16th century, Jewish communities could be found in countries as far-flung as Jamaica, Brazil, Yemen, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Uganda, India, and China, as well as in many countries in Europe. Even today, the World Jewish Congress identifies 120 countries with a Jewish community and it does not include all that we know about.

What is so bad about this?

No, no and again NO.

I speak Arabic, if someone would call me an Arab I'd get offended, as any other Jew.
We SURVIVED the Arabs, we're not one.
As much as we're not Germans or French.

You're getting on my nerves! I assume Your ancestors were the once who made sure we were NOT part of You no matter what. Now the audacity to call us Frenchm, Arab an German after all we've been through!?

You've crossed the thin line long ago.
Actually, my family and ancestors are very diverse and include Mormons, Jews, Russian Orthodox, Unitarian, Norwegian, Welsh, Native American, And likely more.

I am quoting what others, Jews, have said. I am not calling into question your ancestry or insulting you. So stuff it. If you have an issue take it up with the authors of the articles. And no. Those are not hate sites.

It's You moral relativism that erases identities here., because You can't deal with distinction, You need it gray to not deal with reality.
We call things by their name

"PALESTINIAN" aka the Caliphate was here IDENTITY=
  • Article Eleven:
This is the law governing the land of Palestine in the Islamic Sharia (law)
and the same goes for any land the Moslems have conquered by force, because during the times of (Islamic) conquests, the Moslems consecrated these lands to Moslem generations till the Day of Judgement.

The Avalon Project : Hamas Covenant 1988

Forum List

Back