Republicans true Feelings exposed

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I wonder how many republicans drive German cars considering in Germany college education is free. Rush Limbaugh through his auto purchases pays for education in Germany, but then calls Americans entitled. Oh the irony. Below is a perfect example of republican values and their genuine feelings towards our veterans and our citizens.

“I don’t think veterans should necessarily have to work two or three jobs just to be able to afford to live while we’re going to school,” Blessinger says. “I don’t have time to study. Some days, it’s quite tough.”

Blessinger says he dreams of a career in education reform, “working with state governments, the federal government, to rewrite policy to make state higher education more accessible and more equitable.” He planned to apply to a joint law and PhD program after finishing his MA — but given his onerous debt, he’s been reconsidering his options.

The three students thought that Ward, a conservative who is rumored to be considering a primary challenge to Senator John McCain, might be sympathetic to the plight of a struggling veteran. That’s not how the meeting turned out, however. “She actually was pretty rude to him,” recalls Brooks, a fifth-year PhD student in second-language acquisition. According to all three students, Ward called Blessinger “entitled” and told him, “If you don’t like being here, other states have different programs for vets, and maybe you should go there.”

“She called me an entitled little prick,” says Blessinger, admittedly paraphrasing. “I work three jobs, plus I go to graduate school. I’m not sure how much more biting the bullet she wants me to do.” (Ward, after initially agreeing to talk, didn’t respond to follow-up e-mails.)

Now it looks like Blessinger will have to bite the bullet even harder. When the legislature finally passed a budget, it didn’t cut $75 million—it cut $99 million, including $28 million from the University of Arizona. Bruce Wheeler, assistant minority leader in Arizona’s House of Representatives, believes that the Republicans would like to do away with public education altogether. “I’m absolutely convinced that’s their agenda,” he says. “At every level of public education, the Republican majority is undertaking to defund and privatize.”

This Is What Happens When You Slash Funding for Public Universities The Nation

"You Can Now Go to College in Germany for Free, No Matter Where You’re From" By Rebecca Schuman

Germany College is free there even for foreign students. Why

I wonder how many republicans drive German cars considering in Germany college education is free. Rush Limbaugh through his auto purchases pays for education in Germany, but then calls Americans entitled. Oh the irony. Below is a perfect example of republican values and their genuine feelings towards our veterans and our citizens.

“I don’t think veterans should necessarily have to work two or three jobs just to be able to afford to live while we’re going to school,” Blessinger says. “I don’t have time to study. Some days, it’s quite tough.”

Blessinger says he dreams of a career in education reform, “working with state governments, the federal government, to rewrite policy to make state higher education more accessible and more equitable.” He planned to apply to a joint law and PhD program after finishing his MA — but given his onerous debt, he’s been reconsidering his options.

The three students thought that Ward, a conservative who is rumored to be considering a primary challenge to Senator John McCain, might be sympathetic to the plight of a struggling veteran. That’s not how the meeting turned out, however. “She actually was pretty rude to him,” recalls Brooks, a fifth-year PhD student in second-language acquisition. According to all three students, Ward called Blessinger “entitled” and told him, “If you don’t like being here, other states have different programs for vets, and maybe you should go there.”

“She called me an entitled little prick,” says Blessinger, admittedly paraphrasing. “I work three jobs, plus I go to graduate school. I’m not sure how much more biting the bullet she wants me to do.” (Ward, after initially agreeing to talk, didn’t respond to follow-up e-mails.)

Now it looks like Blessinger will have to bite the bullet even harder. When the legislature finally passed a budget, it didn’t cut $75 million—it cut $99 million, including $28 million from the University of Arizona. Bruce Wheeler, assistant minority leader in Arizona’s House of Representatives, believes that the Republicans would like to do away with public education altogether. “I’m absolutely convinced that’s their agenda,” he says. “At every level of public education, the Republican majority is undertaking to defund and privatize.”

This Is What Happens When You Slash Funding for Public Universities The Nation

"You Can Now Go to College in Germany for Free, No Matter Where You’re From" By Rebecca Schuman

Germany College is free there even for foreign students. Why

I wonder how many republicans drive German cars considering in Germany college education is free.

Imagine how many fewer colleges we'd need if we only let the smart kids enroll.

My husband and paid off our loans, everyone else can also
But when the Germans are building wealth, you're paying off debt. That's so fucking obvious. Duh! If you're going to pay taxes, why not pay for a government that works? Duh! Republicans won't let our government work. Triple Duh!

I wonder how many republicans drive German cars considering in Germany college education is free.

Really? All the professors work for free, huh? The campuses were all donated by the construction companies and engineers who built them? The utility companies are really, really generous and don't charge a dime for the electricity, plumbing, and water?

Wow, how ever do they do it?

Look, it is rational that the GOP be against education. Look at what happened to this uppity black kid who got a good education. He has given the far right corner of the GOP misery for the last 6 1/2 years....and he has not finished! I understand see their disdain for education, for sure....

Look, it is rational that the GOP be against education. Look at what happened to this uppity black kid who got a good education. He has given the far right corner of the GOP misery for the last 6 1/2 years....and he has not finished! I understand see their disdain for education, for sure....

Ever wonder who paid for Obama's education? You know he didn't

Your use of "funny" speaks volumes

From the link above....

On Thursday, Obama said, “I was in my 40s when we finished paying off our debt. And — and we should have been saving for Malia and Sasha by that time… …And we were luckier because most of the debt was from law school. Our undergraduate debt was not as great because tuition had not started shooting up as high.” Here’s the rundown on Obama student debt.

My source is the 2008 Obama campaign, which provided the following in response to my questions back then. As a freshman at Occidential, Obama received a full scholarship. After that, he took out loans for his Occidential and Columbia undergraduate tuition, as well as getting some help from his grandparents. I was told in 2008 Michelle Obama took out loans to cover much of her Princeton and Harvard tuition.

She has often spoken about how her folks helped her our at Princeton; she also had a work study job and took out “tens of thousands of dollars in loans.

Rush Limbaugh is NOT a republican.

And I don't know why the leftards are so worried about republicans now anyway. Sure they just won a historic landslide victory, but I'll be damned if I can tell them apart from the democrats. They backed off on Barry's illegal amnesty, then fully funded his obamacare, and now they're giving him all kinds of secret new powers...

Obama wins trade victory in the Senate - The Washington Post

Now you tell, what is the BIG DIFFERENCE between repubs and dems?

I don't really see any.

Sassy wrong again....or was it an intentional lie?

Obama s own student loans 42 753 for Harvard Law School Chicago
It's just right wing determined ignorance.
Sassy wrong again....or was it an intentional lie?

Obama s own student loans 42 753 for Harvard Law School Chicago
It's that right wing determined ignorance. When that fool said her and her husband paid off their debt, I said while the Germans are building wealth, they are paying off debt and her answer was:
:cuckoo:
Obviously had no idea what I was talking about.
Which makes on wonder if she even went to school.

Rush Limbaugh is NOT a republican.

And I don't know why the leftards are so worried about republicans now anyway. Sure they just won a historic landslide victory, but I'll be damned if I can tell them apart from the democrats. They backed off on Barry's illegal amnesty, then fully funded his obamacare, and now they're giving him all kinds of secret new powers...

Obama wins trade victory in the Senate - The Washington Post

Now you tell, what is the BIG DIFFERENCE between repubs and dems?

I don't really see any.
Well, let me explain it to you.
Democrats are a coalition party.
Republicans are 90% white and that 10 percent left over is some blacks, but also non white Hispanics, Indians and everyone else who doesn't want to be identified as white.
Democrats are basically everyone else.

That's a huge difference between the two parties.

Do you have any idea why some Democrats are for this bill and others aren't?
Yea, I thought so.

Before you start squawking, why not go read about it? If you are for or against it, you should at least know why. Why are these right wingers so damn dumb???? How can they be proud of stupid????

This bill also includes provisions on tariffs, currency manipulation, intellectual property, cost of medicine, income inequality and the environment. The previous bills contained nothing about any of those. Does that make it a better bill? I don't know. But it certainly doesn't make it worse or equal. Jeez, you people upset me with this determined ignorance and stupidity and lack of understanding or even wanting to understand anything. How do you survive?

2 of 3 kids who graduate high school can't read or write....and you want to give them free college???

SILENCE! "Crickets..." :itsok:

Let's see, the guy already has his bachelors and could be working as a teacher, yet he wants a free education to get his masters. That sounds entitled to me. And how in the world did he run up $65 grand in debt, since he did have gi benefits, as well as got a tuition waiver for 2 of his classes? According to the gi bill, they would pay up to $20 grand in tuition and fees per year, along with a $1000 book stipend, and a housing allowance. If he were taking 15 units per semester he would be fully covered, as the tuition would run just under $20 grand per year. So, where did this $65 grand debt come from? He should become a teacher, and go for his masters then. I know of several people, with and without the gi bill that have done just that.
Don't cry me a river. He has his degree, which was paid for.

If there is any ignorance to be had, then it is by those posting stories without checking all tbe relevant facts.

Forum List

Back