Republicans That Voted Against School Lunches For Low Income Kids, Vote To Give Themselves More Money For Their Lunches

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
On Monday, March 27, the North Dakota Senate failed to pass HB 1491, 23-24, with only Republicans voting against it. HB 1491 would have earmarked $6 million to help provide school lunches for children from low-income families. It would not have covered all school children, just those with families who might appreciate the help. At the time, Republicans like state Sen. Mike Wobbema argued that North Dakotans shouldn’t have to pay for “parents being negligent.”

On Thursday, April 6, only five business days later, the very same “Republican-dominated” North Dakota Senate held a vote and passed SB 2124, 26-21. This bill raises the amount of money North Dakota senators and their staff can be reimbursed by the state for meals. It’s like lunch money that North Dakotans pay for! For adults!

Guess who voted to get themselves some free meals?

There is no bigger piece of shit on the planet, than white, conservative Republican

On Monday, March 27, the North Dakota Senate failed to pass HB 1491, 23-24, with only Republicans voting against it. HB 1491 would have earmarked $6 million to help provide school lunches for children from low-income families. It would not have covered all school children, just those with families who might appreciate the help. At the time, Republicans like state Sen. Mike Wobbema argued that North Dakotans shouldn’t have to pay for “parents being negligent.”

On Thursday, April 6, only five business days later, the very same “Republican-dominated” North Dakota Senate held a vote and passed SB 2124, 26-21. This bill raises the amount of money North Dakota senators and their staff can be reimbursed by the state for meals. It’s like lunch money that North Dakotans pay for! For adults!

There is no bigger piece of shit on the planet, than white, conservative Republican

We will wait to actually see the truth of this story.........the crap the democrats were hiding behind school lunches for kids...........they are vile assholes....

Okay .. I guarantee that school lunches were a provision of the legislation ... and then there was a plethora of other non-sense that Republicans voted against. If school lunches for those in poverty is such a concern, why not introduce a bill with just that provision? If that's the case (which I didn't look), what prompted Republicans to vote no? Tell the whole story instead of 1/2 truths.

Last edited:
Let me tell you a story about school lunches for the "poor".

Last year the county ran a program for providing a week's worth of lunches during the Summer.....It was good stuff.

They had to shut it down in less than a month due to lack of participation so they gave what was on-hand to the local Meals on Wheels, I volunteer there so that's how I know it was good food.

About the only thing that really sucked was the 1% "milk".

As far as I am concerned the "poor" can go and be poor someplace else.....Unappreciative pieces of shit.

Okay .. I guarantee that school lunches were a provision of the legislation ... and then there was a plethora of other non-sense that Republicans voted against. If school lunches for those in poverty is such a concern, why not introduce a bill with just that provision? If that's the case (which I didn't look), what prompted Republicans to vote no? Tell the whole story instead of 1/2 truths.
The feds offer to participating schools: Several states do not add benefits.

Lunch
  • Paid - $0.77 ($0.37 base + $0.40 temporary reimbursement)
  • Reduced - $3.93 ($3.53 base + $0.40 temporary reimbursement)
  • Free - $4.33 ($3.93 base + $0.40 temporary reimbursement)

Why don't them kids go out and get jobs if they wants to eat like regular meals every day.......Freeloaders!
No shit.....I was working and bringing home a real paycheck when I was 12 during the summer. I also mowed lawns on the side. I always had a jingle in my pocket and I was nothing special in that regard.....All my peers worked.

Let them eat cake... :auiqs.jpg:

What else was in the bill?

Why don't them kids go out and get jobs if they wants to eat like regular meals every day.......Freeloaders!
Why does not one Prog explain why we have spent untold trillions of dollars on poverty and hunger, and we still have it. perhaps you can do it. This from the 1960's legislation with an open spigot. We are purchasing much of our products from Korea and China which have become economic giants since then.

No shit.....I was working and bringing home a real paycheck when I was 12 during the summer. I also mowed lawns on the side. I always had a jingle in my pocket and I was nothing special in that regard.....All my peers worked.
3cnw76r6ujsa1.jpg

Why does not one Prog explain why we have spent untold trillions of dollars on poverty and hunger, and we still have it. perhaps you can do it. This from the 1960's legislation with an open spigot. We are purchasing much of our products from Korea and China which have become economic giants since then.
I can help them if they need a lesson.

Matthew 26:11-You will always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me with you. God Himself declares these words in scripture. The "poor, needy and orphans" will always be among us."

Deuteronomy 15:11-The Poor And Needy Will Always Be ...

heres an idea....if you make a baby....feed it asshole

$5 says the children aren't going to go hungry. And if they do, their parents suck.

We will wait to actually see the truth of this story.........the crap the democrats were hiding behind school lunches for kids...........they are vile assholes....
It has to do with sick, twisted, reprehensible, wrongheaded conservative dogma.

Children in low-income families whose parents can’t afford lunch for their children don’t deserve assistance because those parents failed to be successful or failed to work hard enough.

The children must therefore suffer the consequence of their parents’ failure and poverty.

Again, sick, twisted, reprehensible, wrongheaded conservative dogma,

It has to do with sick, twisted, reprehensible, wrongheaded conservative dogma.

Children in low-income families whose parents can’t afford lunch for their children don’t deserve assistance because those parents failed to be successful or failed to work hard enough.

The children must therefore suffer the consequence of their parents’ failure and poverty.

Again, sick, twisted, reprehensible, wrongheaded conservative dogma,
Wrong. If you can't afford kids, don't have any. WTF is wrong with you?

Forum List

Back