Republicans That Voted Against School Lunches For Low Income Kids, Vote To Give Themselves More Money For Their Lunches

On Monday, March 27, the North Dakota Senate failed to pass HB 1491, 23-24, with only Republicans voting against it. HB 1491 would have earmarked $6 million to help provide school lunches for children from low-income families. It would not have covered all school children, just those with families who might appreciate the help. At the time, Republicans like state Sen. Mike Wobbema argued that North Dakotans shouldn’t have to pay for “parents being negligent.”

On Thursday, April 6, only five business days later, the very same “Republican-dominated” North Dakota Senate held a vote and passed SB 2124, 26-21. This bill raises the amount of money North Dakota senators and their staff can be reimbursed by the state for meals. It’s like lunch money that North Dakotans pay for! For adults!

Guess who voted to get themselves some free meals?

There is no bigger piece of shit on the planet, than white, conservative Republican
Nah...Democrats......spreading hate for nearly 200 years.

FsyYb-QaYAAnjQW.jpg

On Monday, March 27, the North Dakota Senate failed to pass HB 1491, 23-24, with only Republicans voting against it. HB 1491 would have earmarked $6 million to help provide school lunches for children from low-income families.
LMAO look whenever LYING trash Democrats say, "it's for the kids" that money instead ends up in their pockets. So talk to the hand :eusa_hand:

What else was in the bill?

Well I'll tell you looking at a different source:

Last week, the Senate voted against HB 1491, which would have covered meals for students whose families are between 130% and 200% of the poverty level. For a family of four, that means those making less than about $60,000. Several members of the Senate voted for SB 2124 and against HB 1491.

However, the issue of free school lunches is not yet settled. After the free school lunches bill was defeated, the program was written into a different bill, SB 2284, which was previously unrelated to school lunches.

So, the Democrats consider "poverty" a family making under 60K a year. I hardly call that poverty at all. If your income is 55K a year and you can't afford lunches for your two children, that's not a state problem, that's a personal financial problem because you are living beyond your means.

Children in low-income families whose parents can’t afford lunch for their children don’t deserve assistance because those parents failed to be successful or failed to work hard enough
How much to make one bologna sandwich with chips? 70 cents.

Next you’ll buy their liquor and cigs

Why not have business donate money for school lunches for their tax exempt status?

No shit.....I was working and bringing home a real paycheck when I was 12 during the summer. I also mowed lawns on the side. I always had a jingle in my pocket and I was nothing special in that regard.....All my peers worked.
Not a lot of lawns to mow in the inner city.

Which is where most poor people live.

No business today will give a 12 year old kid a job.

The meal reimbursement for Senators (and lodging) is a travel expense. I hate all of these means tested welfare crap. So if a families income is $59,995 they qualify but $60,005 does not.

I was lucky to get a school lunch growing up.
When I got home the only thing there was to eat was a couple of slices of cinnamon toast.
Food service had become a profit center for schools. Some cafeterias look like food courts and the old malls......

Last week, the Senate voted against HB 1491, which would have covered meals for students whose families are between 130% and 200% of the poverty level. For a family of four, that means those making less than about $60,000. Several members of the Senate voted for SB 2124 and against HB 1491.

However, the issue of free school lunches is not yet settled. After the free school lunches bill was defeated, the program was written into a different bill, SB 2284, which was previously unrelated to school lunches.

So, the Democrats consider "poverty" a family making under 60K a year. I hardly call that poverty at all. If your income is 55K a year and you can't afford lunches for your two children, that's not a state problem, that's a personal financial problem because you are living beyond your means.
Federally, a family of 8 qualifies for free meals at 60,619 K per year. 130 % above poverty level, which for that family is 46,630.

But every year it goes up. Next year for example...

Wrong. If you can't afford kids, don't have any. WTF is wrong with you?

Maybe a qualifier for being eligible for welfare is getting a vasectomy or your tubes tied (free of course). Or we take prison inmates and offer them a reduced sentence for vasectomy or tied tubes as well. We need a grass roots campaign for getting shitty people to stop having kids

WTKqik8.jpg

On Monday, March 27, the North Dakota Senate failed to pass HB 1491, 23-24, with only Republicans voting against it. HB 1491 would have earmarked $6 million to help provide school lunches for children from low-income families. It would not have covered all school children, just those with families who might appreciate the help. At the time, Republicans like state Sen. Mike Wobbema argued that North Dakotans shouldn’t have to pay for “parents being negligent.”

On Thursday, April 6, only five business days later, the very same “Republican-dominated” North Dakota Senate held a vote and passed SB 2124, 26-21. This bill raises the amount of money North Dakota senators and their staff can be reimbursed by the state for meals. It’s like lunch money that North Dakotans pay for! For adults!

There is no bigger piece of shit on the planet, than white, conservative Republican
Makes total sense from MAGAt GOPrs.

Makes total sense from MAGAt GOPrs.

It makes sense from any standpoint. It's not the governments job to feed anyone. Especially those that don't need the financial help.

Funny how the demoquacks want to make the GOP out to be supporting starving kids. It's BS lies like that will always keep the GOP in the majority at least 1/2 the time. The other half is because the GOP can't stop lying either.

Bunch of damn liars in both parties. And way too many party loyalist.

Why should my tax money be used to pay for anybody's lunches?

However, at least with the members of the Legislature it is part of the reimbursement for the job.

The damn welfare queens didn't do a thing to earn their free lunch.

Forum List

Back