Republicans Need to STFU on the VA Issue...

Dear Dot Com,

While I appreciate your concern, it isn't warranted, nor required. I have had 4 generations of my family who served in every war since WWI. My father (who served in Iraq in Desert Storm) in particular had to fight with the VA in 2010 so he could get a rare nervous condition treated. He failed. So he had to take a more direct route, by paying out of pocket to be treated. Beforehand though, his entire left arm had gone completely numb and he would randomly pass out while standing. I was with him for a week to help my youngest brother help take care of him. I have witnessed first hand, how the VA failed to help my father.

So count me as one of those folks who have veteran members of their families, who have had to watch as they suffered, or die, because of a failure of the country they fought to protect to return the favor by protecting them.

Last edited:
Oh, how I wish I had been here when Seawytch had started this thread. No, we really shouldn't "STFU" on the VA issue. No, you don't get to talk since Democrats blocked the VA Accountability bill due to a technicality, or as one put it "We need to read it before we pass it." Problem there was is that the bill is only 2 1/2 pages long. The Bill passed with major bipartisan support in the House, only to be blocked by the Democrats.

Meanwhile you have more vets and their families enduring suffering at the hands of the corrupt VA administration while Democratic Senators play politics with their lives. Seawytch, you need to "stfu" on the VA issue, simply because you and your party are hypocrites.

You're here now TK and yes, unless they are saying "let's get together and fix this" they should be Shutting The Fuck Up. Funding was blocked. Sequestration happened (and is now championed by the right). Austerity was the golden calf. This is what it looks like. Now, all our legislators have an opportunity to do something and it isn't grandstanding and trying to blame the fucking President. Understand?

So, what your saying is that the right (republicans) need to shut the fuck up about it because it's political. But the left (democrats) don't need to shut the fuck up about it because it's political. Got it....you make about as much sense as my neighbor's 3 year old.

By the way.....this whole issue IS about the hiding of the books.
Please feel free to stuff that down your friggin' gullet.

Last edited:
Oh, how I wish I had been here when Seawytch had started this thread. No, we really shouldn't "STFU" on the VA issue. No, you don't get to talk since Democrats blocked the VA Accountability bill due to a technicality, or as one put it "We need to read it before we pass it." Problem there was is that the bill is only 2 1/2 pages long. The Bill passed with major bipartisan support in the House, only to be blocked by the Democrats.

Meanwhile you have more vets and their families enduring suffering at the hands of the corrupt VA administration while Democratic Senators play politics with their lives. Seawytch, you need to "stfu" on the VA issue, simply because you and your party are hypocrites.

You're here now TK and yes, unless they are saying "let's get together and fix this" they should be Shutting The Fuck Up. Funding was blocked. Sequestration happened (and is now championed by the right). Austerity was the golden calf. This is what it looks like. Now, all our legislators have an opportunity to do something and it isn't grandstanding and trying to blame the fucking President. Understand?

And that, is a non sequitur, and a deflection.

So, if Democrats themselves really wanted to work together, with Republicans, why are they the ones blocking this VA accountability bill? Oh, and it is about the President. He had 6 years to address this situation. Don't try to deflect away from that. DON'T, I repeat, DON'T try to shield him from his incompetence either. He appointed Shinseki to that position, now he must deal with the consequences of his decision. Understand?

Here's the skinny: Republicans should shut up and not complain as the feds kill off vets and make giant landgrabs...because if they don't, they will be targeted to be killed.

Because as is obvious from this thread, dems don't give a shit if vets die.

When are we going to realize that these things aren't accidents? This is the way socialized medicine works...it hastens the demise of certain populations. It's not there to keep people healthy...it's there to reduce the population.

"dems don't give a shit if vet die?"

Do you think they plan to put a big dent in the repub party?

The partisan bullshit that is at the core of this argument is a complete waste of time, and is designed to obscure the REAL problem: rampant bureaucracy that is a result of BOTH parties.

A faceless monolithic VA is what, "doesn't give a shit."

Instead of weaving and dodging democrats and republicans need to grow the fuck up and resolve whatever issues are causing the VA to fail.

Sorry, Samson. First, when one party has 6 years to correct the situation, and doesn't, the responsibility lies purely on their shoulders. It doesn't matter how many administrations before them failed to address the issue. If you pick up the fire hose, turn on the freaking water. Put out the fire. Please don't sit there and try to delve out responsibility onto both parties. Second, I agree, both parties should be working together to solve this issue, not playing petty politics. So as soon as Democrats in the Senate grow up, we can pass all of the 2 1/2 page VA Accountability Bill.

It is truly sad that our Congress cannot even pass a 2 1/2 page bill. I mean how hard is that? How many members of Congress does it take to screw in a light bulb?

no it does matter about past administrations. It shows context and history. That Va Hospitals are nothing more than a political football, and a lot of those same people who didnt do shit during Bush ( Im talking congress here not the Admin) are still in office today doing nothing about it. Outside of throwing money at it.

So no the answer is look at the past, because you should be going to yourself " hey, wait a minute, they didnt do shit either? this was all a stunt? well then everyone should get the equal message that they need to fix the mess and stop playing politics."

But no, first it was you bought it hook line and sinker, Then you changed your tune and said you fell for it because you aren't feeling good, and now the dems got out on a technicality.

Thats three different answers you've decided on. When it should only be one.

Pathetic.

Here's the skinny: Republicans should shut up and not complain as the feds kill off vets and make giant landgrabs...because if they don't, they will be targeted to be killed.

land grabs....You literally are the trash bin in the alley where everything gets tossed into. Land grabs has nothing to do with this issue you moron.

Because as is obvious from this thread, dems don't give a shit if vets die.

When are we going to realize that these things aren't accidents? This is the way socialized medicine works...it hastens the demise of certain populations. It's not there to keep people healthy...it's there to reduce the population.

The partisan bullshit that is at the core of this argument is a complete waste of time, and is designed to obscure the REAL problem: rampant bureaucracy that is a result of BOTH parties.

Instead of weaving and dodging democrats and republicans need to grow the fuck up and resolve whatever issues are causing the VA to fail.

Sorry, Samson. First, when one party has 6 years to correct the situation, and doesn't, the responsibility lies purely on their shoulders. It doesn't matter how many administrations before them failed to address the issue. If you pick up the fire hose, turn on the freaking water. Put out the fire. Please don't sit there and try to delve out responsibility onto both parties. Second, I agree, both parties should be working together to solve this issue, not playing petty politics. So as soon as Democrats in the Senate grow up, we can pass all of the 2 1/2 page VA Accountability Bill.

It is truly sad that our Congress cannot even pass a 2 1/2 page bill. I mean how hard is that? How many members of Congress does it take to screw in a light bulb?

oh just the dems have to grow up. Pull up your pull-ups and actually call them all out you hack.

Yes we all know that we have arrived here at this point in time because assholes in the past didn't do anything to stop our progression to this point.

We can't do anything about that. Progressives always use that as an excuse to do horrific things in the PRESENT. And if you fall for it, you are the problem.

We need to address ourselves to what is happening NOW and what is happening NOW is criminal and nation-changing. And we need to stop it, or die trying.

land grabs....You literally are the trash bin in the alley where everything gets tossed into. Land grabs has nothing to do with this issue you moron.

It's part and parcel.

Don't get sidetracked, peeballs, you're doing great! It looks like they might have finally hit on some meds that allow you to use your words. Everybody's talking about how unusually coherent you are! Yay!

no it does matter about past administrations. It shows context and history. That Va Hospitals are nothing more than a political football, and a lot of those same people who didnt do shit during Bush ( Im talking congress here not the Admin) are still in office today doing nothing about it. Outside of throwing money at it.

So no the answer is look at the past, because you should be going to yourself " hey, wait a minute, they didnt do shit either? this was all a stunt? well then everyone should get the equal message that they need to fix the mess and stop playing politics."

But no, first it was you bought it hook line and sinker, Then you changed your tune and said you fell for it because you aren't feeling good, and now the dems got out on a technicality.

Pathetic.

Thanks for the segway. And you might consider this in terms of any issue. Which is why I don't understand why you libs won't wake up to the biggest problem we have.

Why is it a political football. Because the care of the vets isn't the end goal. Those liars, cheats, elitists, and other mofo's in congress only care about themselves. Why would they put up with the meatgrinder we call elections to go to Washington if there was not a payoff involved. Even in Kansas, it is becoming clear that Pat Roberts had become all to linked into the money side of things (his residence in Kansas....non existent).

And the same will be true of anything. Like it or not, the only people who seem to be interested in things beyond money (and even then I am not so sure) are the idealists. The Ted Cruz's and Bernie Sander's of the world.

But Obamacare, Social Security, Medicare, Highway funding, etc. etc. etc. are all going to be footballs for the bastards who we currently call congressman/congresswoman.

I say we should only elect 85 year old grandmothers who grew up in the country and learned to make do with very little (if we had depression era types that would be even better).

Pathetic.

Naw. We normally call that "objectivity" where I come from. I'm sorry that went right over your head, PB. And you were doing so well earlier. When you say it isn't because of the administration, but mention Bush by name, aren't you blaming the administration? Because if you are blaming Congress, it was full of Democrats from 2007 onwards. Besides, who appoints the VA Secretaries? Hmm? Marvin Martian?

Last edited:
Yes we all know that we have arrived here at this point in time because assholes in the past didn't do anything to stop our progression to this point.

We can't do anything about that. Progressives always use that as an excuse to do horrific things in the PRESENT. And if you fall for it, you are the problem.

We need to address ourselves to what is happening NOW and what is happening NOW is criminal and nation-changing. And we need to stop it, or die trying.

well yes you can do something about it now. Thats the whole point you stupid moron

It's part and parcel.

Don't get sidetracked, peeballs, you're doing great! It looks like they might have finally hit on some meds that allow you to use your words. Everybody's talking about how unusually coherent you are! Yay!

no it has nothing to do with this story. Just typical you trying to shove in as much as you can because you are out of your depth

Typical of you to fixate and ruin the thread. Breathe into a bag or something.

Pathetic.

Naw. We normally call that "objectivity" where I come from. I'm sorry that went right over your head, PB. And you were doing so well earlier. When you say it isn't because of the administration, but mention Bush by name, aren't you blaming the administration? Because if you are blaming Congress, it was full of Democrats from 2007 onwards. Besides, who appoints the VA Secretaries? Hmm? Marvin Martian?

jesus you need to learn how to read. I only mention Bush in order to reference Congress under him. Its sad i even have to explain this, but typical. You tend to read what you want and play victim quite well.

Yes yes but this stems from 2005 and forward, and while Dems held it till 2010, they didnt own every seat. You are still trying to do the blame game here, while i am further down the road. You are on training wheels while i am riding a ten speed.

He never planned to deliver anything different than what he's delivering now.

We KNEW this was going to be the result. And we were right. Death panels, substandard care, rigorously rationed care, and much, much higher costs.

Except for dumb liberals. They bought the BS, hook, line and sinker, now defend the BS by claiming it the Republicans fault for him not getting his promises done and the liberals by his excuse, hook, line and sinker.

He never planned to deliver anything different than what he's delivering now.

We KNEW this was going to be the result. And we were right. Death panels, substandard care, rigorously rationed care, and much, much higher costs.

Except for dumb liberals. They bought the BS, hook, line and sinker, now defend the BS by claiming it the Republicans fault for him not getting his promises done and the liberals by his excuse, hook, line and sinker.

To admit they bought it would be tantamount to admitting failure. So their recourse is to circle the wagons, fiercely defend failure, until the last man standing finally admits defeat.

Of course this issue is political. The scandal involves a FUBAR'D government institution well funded by tax payers dollars and run by a political appointee.

Sheesh.

I've been to 2-3 VA's countless times & have been satisfied.

TK- you serve? You got a job yet? :eusa_whistle: Why don't you enlist like I did?

First off you went to several, but now down to 2-3? You can't remember?
Are you going to the VA hospital for memory issues?

Looks like a left wing nut has been caught.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back