Republicans deserve what they get

Except it probably didn't cover all that much, and clearly whatever plan you had wasn't ACA compliant.

Or maybe your boss just figured he could do what racists always do. Do something evil and blame it on a black guy. Was he related to Susan Smith?

What he figured is that Commie Care gave him an out. In fact small businesses were (still are) the first to drop coverage because of Commie Care.

Not Commie Care compliant? When my employer dropped our plan, we had a $1,500 deductible. What is Commie Care compliant? 7K to 10K deductible. 7K to 10K out of pocket. No dental, no prescription, no eye care. Oh! But you have birth control coverage.

My employer was paying $325.00 a month for each of us for our coverage. To get anywhere near the same on Commie Care, it's more like $725.00 a month. I hope God gets even with that big-eared freak for what he did to us in this country. The entire plan was to create as many new government dependents as possible.

Ah, yes, the old "Defensive Medicine" excuse. It's a myth, buddy. Sorry.

Texas tried the same tort reform you wingnuts always preach. Medical costs didn't come down.

The reason why it's so expensive is that the pharamcuetical companies, hospitals and insurance companies make it as expensive as it is.

Philip K. Howard - Medical Tort Reform Could Save Billions

Great point. Notice also that your employer can't keep paying $325 when the plan goes up to $750 because that would drop below the 50% threshold and we get screwed for that, we can no longer deduct the expense. Why should we not be able to just keep paying the $325?

So we either fork it up and pay more or drop the plan. And for an older worker, it may not be $725, it may be $1,500. So without any connection to performance or contribution to company, they get a big raise? Notice all government roads lead to us dropping the plan.

I had a group plan and tried to make it work. I had an employee who wasn't a star who that happened with me for, her insurance was going up like a thousand a month. I talked to her and said I couldn't just pay her another $500 a month, but if we could agree to a salary cut to keep the plan, I would keep the plan. She agreed because she said she was still better off.

But it kept happening and I couldn't keep doing that, it was a gray legal area. So I gave up and eliminated the plan. I rolled the contributions I had been paying into their salaries.

So all my employees lost their plan because of a few OK performers who's circumstances were driving my costs to unsustainable levels

Me and my employer talked in lengths about it. I told him that I would be willing to take a dollar less an hour to keep our plan, and I would take two dollars less per hour if he could get us even a better plan. He didn't go for it. His carrier told him that because of Commie Care, plans were likely to go up 40% the next year which for us was about three months away.

The nefarious plot behind this is that medical benefits are not taxable. So by having employers drop the plan, it would force employees to pay for a plan with after tax money; more money in the government coffers by screwing the little guy.

That aside, even if they included a tax waiver for employers to pay medical insurance money direct to the employee, I would have been able to afford my own plan. But my employer had to take deductions out of that $325.00 a month he was paying. The only way to transfer that money was in a pay increase which we got. But as you know, with pay increases comes other costs. A pay increase would mean higher SS and Medicare contributions that my employer has to match. It would cost him more to pay me while ill or on vacation. It upped his workman's compensation and unemployment rates. By the time all was said and done, I got about $175.00 before taxes.

This was no accident. As you pointed out, the man behind the curtain had this all figured out. The goal was not to have everybody insured, the goal was to create as many new government dependents as possible.

Yep. You're a very intelligent guy. You really grasp what's really happening here. It's interesting talking to you since we're coming from the two sides of the issue, management and staff.

You are so totally explaining my point of how complicated this is for business owners. I had a Michigan MBA and lots of management experience, and it was an endless chore for me to handle. Why would a guy who just wants to start a graphic design company or a trucking business need to be an expert in medical insurance?

Or how can we be expected to pay a pile of money to a medical consultant to do it for us? BTW, it's not easy to hire a medical consultant too because most of them are bad at what they do and the laws keep changing. I tried that, but I knew more than they did already.

It's completely insane.

Also, your employer as I mentioned would probably have been fine making a deal with you on the dollar or two an hour. The problem is though that you know if they start doing that across the board to float the plan, people are going to start filing discrimination suits and the government will then go after management for that. That's why I made the deal once, and she honored it. But when it kept going up, I gave up and dropped the plan

Except it probably didn't cover all that much, and clearly whatever plan you had wasn't ACA compliant.

Or maybe your boss just figured he could do what racists always do. Do something evil and blame it on a black guy. Was he related to Susan Smith?

What he figured is that Commie Care gave him an out. In fact small businesses were (still are) the first to drop coverage because of Commie Care.

Not Commie Care compliant? When my employer dropped our plan, we had a $1,500 deductible. What is Commie Care compliant? 7K to 10K deductible. 7K to 10K out of pocket. No dental, no prescription, no eye care. Oh! But you have birth control coverage.

My employer was paying $325.00 a month for each of us for our coverage. To get anywhere near the same on Commie Care, it's more like $725.00 a month. I hope God gets even with that big-eared freak for what he did to us in this country. The entire plan was to create as many new government dependents as possible.

Texas tried the same tort reform you wingnuts always preach. Medical costs didn't come down.

The reason why it's so expensive is that the pharamcuetical companies, hospitals and insurance companies make it as expensive as it is.

Great point. Notice also that your employer can't keep paying $325 when the plan goes up to $750 because that would drop below the 50% threshold and we get screwed for that, we can no longer deduct the expense. Why should we not be able to just keep paying the $325?

So we either fork it up and pay more or drop the plan. And for an older worker, it may not be $725, it may be $1,500. So without any connection to performance or contribution to company, they get a big raise? Notice all government roads lead to us dropping the plan.

I had a group plan and tried to make it work. I had an employee who wasn't a star who that happened with me for, her insurance was going up like a thousand a month. I talked to her and said I couldn't just pay her another $500 a month, but if we could agree to a salary cut to keep the plan, I would keep the plan. She agreed because she said she was still better off.

But it kept happening and I couldn't keep doing that, it was a gray legal area. So I gave up and eliminated the plan. I rolled the contributions I had been paying into their salaries.

So all my employees lost their plan because of a few OK performers who's circumstances were driving my costs to unsustainable levels

Me and my employer talked in lengths about it. I told him that I would be willing to take a dollar less an hour to keep our plan, and I would take two dollars less per hour if he could get us even a better plan. He didn't go for it. His carrier told him that because of Commie Care, plans were likely to go up 40% the next year which for us was about three months away.

The nefarious plot behind this is that medical benefits are not taxable. So by having employers drop the plan, it would force employees to pay for a plan with after tax money; more money in the government coffers by screwing the little guy.

That aside, even if they included a tax waiver for employers to pay medical insurance money direct to the employee, I would have been able to afford my own plan. But my employer had to take deductions out of that $325.00 a month he was paying. The only way to transfer that money was in a pay increase which we got. But as you know, with pay increases comes other costs. A pay increase would mean higher SS and Medicare contributions that my employer has to match. It would cost him more to pay me while ill or on vacation. It upped his workman's compensation and unemployment rates. By the time all was said and done, I got about $175.00 before taxes.

This was no accident. As you pointed out, the man behind the curtain had this all figured out. The goal was not to have everybody insured, the goal was to create as many new government dependents as possible.

Yep. You're a very intelligent guy. You really grasp what's really happening here. It's interesting talking to you since we're coming from the two sides of the issue, management and staff.

You are so totally explaining my point of how complicated this is for business owners. I had a Michigan MBA and lots of management experience, and it was an endless chore for me to handle. Why would a guy who just wants to start a graphic design company or a trucking business need to be an expert in medical insurance?

Or how can we be expected to pay a pile of money to a medical consultant to do it for us? BTW, it's not easy to hire a medical consultant too because most of them are bad at what they do and the laws keep changing. I tried that, but I knew more than they did already.

It's completely insane.

Also, your employer as I mentioned would probably have been fine making a deal with you on the dollar or two an hour. The problem is though that you know if they start doing that across the board to float the plan, people are going to start filing discrimination suits and the government will then go after management for that. That's why I made the deal once, and she honored it. But when it kept going up, I gave up and dropped the plan

What my employer "claimed" was that he went by the consensus. I don't believe it talking with my coworkers afterwards. I think he just wanted to get out of the medical coverage business like most companies do.

Before Commie Care, businesses had no choice but to provide that benefit whether they liked it or not. People wouldn't dream of taking a job without coverage. It was number one on our list. Commie Care changed all that, and I think Trump should have only given a tax break to businesses that did provide coverage for their employees.

Today when I inquire about a job, they write back telling me they too dropped medical coverage for employees. Since I can't work for any major outfits, small companies like the one I work for is all I can apply to, and small companies were the ones who got rid of medical coverage. Most of the large companies still have coverage.

It's completely insane.

What my employer "claimed" was that he went by the consensus. I don't believe it talking with my coworkers afterwards. I think he just wanted to get out of the medical coverage business like most companies do.

Before Commie Care, businesses had no choice but to provide that benefit whether they liked it or not. People wouldn't dream of taking a job without coverage. It was number one on our list. Commie Care changed all that, and I think Trump should have only given a tax break to businesses that did provide coverage for their employees.

Today when I inquire about a job, they write back telling me they too dropped medical coverage for employees. Since I can't work for any major outfits, small companies like the one I work for is all I can apply to, and small companies were the ones who got rid of medical coverage. Most of the large companies still have coverage.

True. Though employees are getting hit with sharply escalating medical insurance rates at big companies too. But yes, they can typically get coverage

It's completely insane.

True. Though employees are getting hit with sharply escalating medical insurance rates at big companies too. But yes, they can typically get coverage

Even if a company pays 50% of the tab, it's a lot better than trying to get a plan on your own. For one of course, it only costs you half thanks to your employer, the other factor is you always get better rates in a group plan compared to single coverage.

I am part of Commie Care, it's just that it's unaffordable. To keep my doctor and facility, they only have one insurance company to choose from. The cost is $725.00 a month, it comes with a 7K deductible, 7K out of pocket, no prescription, no dental care, no eye care, a $50.00 doctor office copay. What's the point in wasting money? The plan only helps slightly if I get hit by a bus.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I am! I’m impressed with anyone who creates successful businesses (especially multiple businesses) and anyone who generates millions legally.

You’re not impressed because you’re envious. And entitled. And miserable.

I'm not impressed because I don't think he's all that.. He's another USMB wannabe, but probably couldn't inspire his employees to show up on time.

Well, since I earned the money and you didn't it's my money not yours, Karl.

Until we all get sick of this nonsense and redistribute the wealth.

Hey, guy< BERNIE THE SOCIALIST ALMOST WON THE DEM NOMINATION.

ANd he'd have probably beaten Trump in the general.

As much as your sorts whine about socialism, you are probably going to make it inevitable.

It's REALLY hard to earn a living writing resumes. To most people it's a part time job for extra money. There are two problems. The first is getting enough customers since you need a stream of people. The second is that the senior execs who grasp the importance of resume writing don't need your help. The people who do, can't and won't pay much for it. You're lucky if you make $20K a year doing that.

well, you'd be wrong. It was half my income last year, and most of the year I did it part time.

This year, I'll do even better with it. And I don't even charge that much.

Getting a stream of people isn't the problem right now... my biggest problem right now is scheduling.

And it's hard to believe an angry bitter capitalism hating socialist successfully write resumes at all.

First, not a socialist, whatever that means.
Second- um, yeah, I've written hundreds of them... and people get jobs with them and recommend me to their friends.

You don't make a lot of spelling or grammar mistakes. But you're not very articulate. You just throw out strawman after sweeping generalization after hyperbole

Actually, I am articulate enough to get you and Poodle and Racist from Cleveland into a frenzy.

Oh, you also get that I spend a lot more time on a resume I get paid money on than a post to a racist cocksucker that I'm mocking, right?

Yes, I think you know this, but government pushed employers to drop healthcare because they want single payer. So they made it prohibitively expensive and time consuming to keep healthcare. Healthcare is a miserable chore for business owners. There is no reason it should be. It should just be a benefit we pay the cost for and are done, it's not.

Yeah, the real culprits' are the insurance industry.

You see, this problem could have been solved if we just did what Hillary wanted to do 25 years ago. If your company really can't afford to pay for health insurance, they paid a tax, and your employees could go on a government program.

Big insurance panicked... probably because everyone would like that better at a certain point. So out came Harry and Louise to scare the stupids.

But- again- THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS FIGURED THIS OUT!!!

Single Payer, pay less than half per capita than we do, they live longer and have lower infant mortality rates.

Wait a minute, now. Mr. "Great Success" can't even provide decent health insurance to his employees? You're an even bigger bottom feeder than I thought.

Even the WORST place i worked for in the last 25 years provided health coverage.

Thanks! And as you know, we do it with the government fighting us every step of the way
Which, frankly, makes it all the more impressive. Just imagine what you could achieve if you had a government that actually fostered and facilitated private industry instead of demonizing and attempting to control it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Years ago I worked with a company where one of the office workers was a born again Christian. Her coworker got pregnant and had an abortion. Several weeks afterwards, the Christian girl put a anti-aboritoin petition on her desk. When the woman seen it, she ran to the bathroom and cried for hours to the delight of the Christian girl.
That “born again Christian” missed the entire point of Christianity. It’s not to revel in the misery of others. That’s what progressive atheism does.

Which, frankly, makes it all the more impressive. Just imagine what you could achieve if you had a government that actually fostered and facilitated private industry instead of demonizing and attempting to control it.

We saw what happened. It was called the Gilded Age, most of the population lived in abject poverty and the economy floundered from one panic or depression to another until FDR came along.

If you ever read a history book not written by a crazy person, you'd know this, Poodle.

That “born again Christian” missed the entire point of Christianity. It’s not to revel in the misery of others. That’s what progressive atheism does.

Actually, Christianity CAUSES misery.

Well, since I earned the money and you didn't it's my money not yours, Karl.

Until we all get sick of this nonsense and redistribute the wealth.

Hey, guy< BERNIE THE SOCIALIST ALMOST WON THE DEM NOMINATION.

ANd he'd have probably beaten Trump in the general.

As much as your sorts whine about socialism, you are probably going to make it inevitable.

You'll never successfully do that because I'm smarter than you and your Brown Shirt politicians. We always win in the end. We pass the pain on to you. Every time you get another socialist bill through, we cut wages, benefits, employees. We don't live on less money. You do best when you do the best you can in a capitalist system. Elephant shit always rolls down on the bottom and settles on top of you.

And Democrats just manipulate you. Why do you think Wall Street pays Democrats millions in "speaking fees" when they retire? Wealth envy never works out

It's REALLY hard to earn a living writing resumes. To most people it's a part time job for extra money. There are two problems. The first is getting enough customers since you need a stream of people. The second is that the senior execs who grasp the importance of resume writing don't need your help. The people who do, can't and won't pay much for it. You're lucky if you make $20K a year doing that.

well, you'd be wrong. It was half my income last year, and most of the year I did it part time.

This year, I'll do even better with it. And I don't even charge that much.

Getting a stream of people isn't the problem right now... my biggest problem right now is scheduling.

And it's hard to believe an angry bitter capitalism hating socialist successfully write resumes at all.

First, not a socialist, whatever that means.
Second- um, yeah, I've written hundreds of them... and people get jobs with them and recommend me to their friends.

You don't make a lot of spelling or grammar mistakes. But you're not very articulate. You just throw out strawman after sweeping generalization after hyperbole

Actually, I am articulate enough to get you and Poodle and Racist from Cleveland into a frenzy.

Oh, you also get that I spend a lot more time on a resume I get paid money on than a post to a racist cocksucker that I'm mocking, right?

Whoa, now there's an explosion of anger. Geez, calm down calm down. It's just an interest discussion. Don't get so upset. You're going to have a coronary. Why don't you have a lie down and come back

Yes, I think you know this, but government pushed employers to drop healthcare because they want single payer. So they made it prohibitively expensive and time consuming to keep healthcare. Healthcare is a miserable chore for business owners. There is no reason it should be. It should just be a benefit we pay the cost for and are done, it's not.

Yeah, the real culprits' are the insurance industry.

You see, this problem could have been solved if we just did what Hillary wanted to do 25 years ago. If your company really can't afford to pay for health insurance, they paid a tax, and your employees could go on a government program.

Big insurance panicked... probably because everyone would like that better at a certain point. So out came Harry and Louise to scare the stupids.

But- again- THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS FIGURED THIS OUT!!!

Single Payer, pay less than half per capita than we do, they live longer and have lower infant mortality rates.

Wait a minute, now. Mr. "Great Success" can't even provide decent health insurance to his employees? You're an even bigger bottom feeder than I thought.

Even the WORST place i worked for in the last 25 years provided health coverage.

Funny how the professional resume writer doesn't know high school English. Hint, are they "quote" marks or "paraphrase" marks?

Try some remedial writing then try claiming to be a professional writer again

You'll never successfully do that because I'm smarter than you and your Brown Shirt politicians.

Guy, you can't even offer your employees health insurance.

Funny how the professional resume writer doesn't know high school English. Hint, are they "quote" marks or "paraphrase" marks?

Oh, do you think I really care? Again, I don't put the effort into making fun of right wing nutters that i put into a document I'm being paid for.

But as far as effective writing, since my goal here is to make you nuts...

Mission accomplished.

Oh, do you think I really care?

No, I don't. Not at all. That's my point, dim wit. You made up a lame career for yourself and even that turned into a pathetic lie you got caught in yet again

Whoa, now there's an explosion of anger. Geez, calm down calm down. It's just an interest discussion. Don't get so upset. You're going to have a coronary. Why don't you have a lie down and come back

You are the one who seems to be taking it personally, Bottom Feeder.

Again, geez, you hit the roof. Seriously, guy. It's just an internet discussion. You're going to pop a vein. Calm down. Have a cookie and some milk. Maybe breathe into a paper bag

No, I don't. Not at all. That's my point, dim wit. You made up a lame career for yourself and even that turned into a pathetic lie you got caught in yet again

Naw, man, you're just stalking me because you don't care at all.. really.

Again, geez, you hit the roof. Seriously, guy. It's just an internet discussion. You're going to pop a vein. Calm down. Have a cookie and some milk. Maybe breathe into a paper bag

Again, guy, know you hate when people call you on your racism and Trump support, but man, you really wrecked a great country because you hate brown people so much.

Forum List

Back