Republican Tyranny: Michigan is the proof of concept.

MAINE is becoming another example of the GOP ideal.

LePage is dismantling the social services network as fast as he can.

Good for LePage. Maine was becoming a safe haven for those looking for Welfare.

Vt is the same way.

"...since Republicans took over in Michigan in 2011 and has gone completely under the radar.

Since January 2011, 566 bills have been signed into law. Of those, 546 of them, 96.5% were passed under “immediate effect”.
Here’s the video from last night’s show that will blow your mind. Pay particular attention to around 12:30 where they show it in action. It’s astonishing."

http://eclectablog.com/2012/04/mich...96-of-their-bills-under-immediate-effect.html
They just don't care about democracy or the Constitution. They really don't.

But if Democrats were doing this, they would be howling.

"...since Republicans took over in Michigan in 2011 and has gone completely under the radar.

Since January 2011, 566 bills have been signed into law. Of those, 546 of them, 96.5% were passed under “immediate effect”.
Here’s the video from last night’s show that will blow your mind. Pay particular attention to around 12:30 where they show it in action. It’s astonishing."

http://eclectablog.com/2012/04/mich...96-of-their-bills-under-immediate-effect.html

Michigan voters may react as the please. Why is overuse of "emergency passage" national news?

No doubt. This is seriously fucked up.

Practically ALL the bills they are passing are under this "emergency effect" thing.

They're NOT EVEN ALLOWING THE LEGISLATORS TO ROLL CALL VOTE. Just hammering them in. There's no other way to describe this: It's a dictatorship.

Michigan Republicans have ILLEGALLY passed over 96% of their bills under “immediate effect” | Eclectablog

No doubt. This is seriously fucked up.

Practically ALL the bills they are passing are under this "emergency effect" thing.

They're NOT EVEN ALLOWING THE LEGISLATORS TO ROLL CALL VOTE. Just hammering them in. There's no other way to describe this: It's a dictatorship.

Michigan Republicans have ILLEGALLY passed over 96% of their bills under “immediate effect” | Eclectablog

If the MI citizens don't like what their legislature is doing they will VOTE THEM OUT.

The Dems can then come in and reverse it all and MI will be buried in the hole again.

See. I'll all work out in the end.

If the folks in MI don't like their legislators they will vote them out.

Of course if what the Reps are doing works, as it did in Indiana, I think the citizens of MI will want to keep em around for a while.

Again. With Feeling. THEY ARE GETTING RID OF TOWNS. MEANING THEY ARE SUPPRESSING THE VOTE.
Assumption. They are getting rid of towns because they cannot afford to exist OR they are just new rural areas cluttered with abandoned buildings. Michigan is becoming a collection of Rotten Boroughs.

If the MI citizens don't like what their legislature is doing they will VOTE THEM OUT.

The Dems can then come in and reverse it all and MI will be buried in the hole again.

See. I'll all work out in the end.
You don't get it. They are taking away their voting rights.

The bills passed are removing duly elected officials and installing these "emergency managers."

It's astounding.

If the folks in MI don't like their legislators they will vote them out.

Of course if what the Reps are doing works, as it did in Indiana, I think the citizens of MI will want to keep em around for a while.

Again. With Feeling. THEY ARE GETTING RID OF TOWNS. MEANING THEY ARE SUPPRESSING THE VOTE.
Assumption. They are getting rid of towns because they cannot afford to exist OR they are just new rural areas cluttered with abandoned buildings. Michigan is becoming a collection of Rotten Boroughs.
It's NOT an assumption. Have you even followed what's going on there?

I doubt it.

Have you got a link??

I'd like to read just why they are doing what they are doing.

I doubt its as S and others are touting.

I also doubt Maddows take on it.

You mean their cleaning up the place and throwing out the trash?? You mean they're taking away the towns folk that have been on the dole for how many years again?? You mean they are trying to salvage what little is left of what once was an icon of the American Dream..............darn those stupid republicans. I think Rachel Madcow just needs to go up there and stop them all!!

I doubt it.
The assumption is they're doing it to prevent people from voting.

And your link's busted.

Have you got a link??

I'd like to read just why they are doing what they are doing.

I doubt its as S and others are touting.

I also doubt Maddows take on it.
Look at my previous post with the link.

If you don't like Maddow, just move up the video to about 11:00 and watch how they are doing it.

I doubt it.
The assumption is they're doing it to prevent people from voting.

And your link's busted.
No, it's not busted. Works fine here.

And when you remove duly elected officials and replace them with people of your own choosing, who have powers to do anything they want, that's taking away the rights of the voters.

I would think that it would be easier to just make up names of voters and forge their signatures on petitions. But that doesn't happen, right? Oh wait, wasn't four Democratic state officials indicted for voter fraud in Indiana just last week? They apparently forged the Republican member of the state election boards signature as well. But, that was to put Barry and Hillary on the ballot, so I guess that is okay.

Let's remember that Detroit has had over forty years of uninterrupted Democratic rule. If you ever wanted to know what unfettered and uninterrupted Democratic party rule looks like, then look at Detroit. The city is a war zone. Other cities in the state are bankrupt OR are in jeopardy of going bankrupt. Here's a clue: I live in Oklahoma and I have NO DESIRE to have my federal tax dollars going to help a city like Detroit bail itself out. Detroit and these cities made their own mess, they need to clean it up. Now, having said that, I think that the Democrats in the state of Michigan can take this issue to the state Supreme Court. IF there is an issue as big as Maddow is letting on, I'm sure that some of these laws (allegedly passed unlawfully) would be overturned.

The airwaves on television and on the radio down here are filled with pleas to "vacation in Michigan." Somehow the idea of vacationing in Detroit has the same appeal as taking a pleasure boat cruise down the Euphrates through the vacation mecca of Baghdad...

Michigan Lower State Court Tells State House it Must Hold Roll Call Votes when 22 Members Make a Request

April 2nd, 2012 It is very rare for judges to ever issue orders, directing state legislators to follow certain procedural rules while the legislature is conducting its own business. However, on April 2, a lower state court judge in Michigan said that the State House of Representatives must follow the State Constitution and hold roll call votes, instead of unrecorded votes, when at least 22 Representatives ask for a recorded vote. See this story. The House is appealing to the State Court of Appeals.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...r-requests-for-roll-call-votes-in-Legislature

Michigan Lower State Court Tells State House it Must Hold Roll Call Votes when 22 Members Make a Request

April 2nd, 2012 It is very rare for judges to ever issue orders, directing state legislators to follow certain procedural rules while the legislature is conducting its own business. However, on April 2, a lower state court judge in Michigan said that the State House of Representatives must follow the State Constitution and hold roll call votes, instead of unrecorded votes, when at least 22 Representatives ask for a recorded vote. See this story. The House is appealing to the State Court of Appeals.

Judge tells GOP to honor requests for roll call votes in Legislature | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com
Well they do need to follow the law. But this kind of stuff didn't matter under liberal admins I bet.

Eclecta Blog??

Progressive News and Commentary?

Thats your link. Of course its gonna be anti rep. Wouldn't expect anything less.

If they are breaking their laws then the Courts of that State will put a stop to it as they should.

MI is in a big hole dug by the Dems.

Oh and BTW they have a big sticker on top of the blog about recalling Snyder. Lets see if that flies.

Last edited:
Eclecta Blog??

Progressive News and Commentary?

Thats your link. Of course its gonna be anti rep. Wouldn't expect anything less.

If they are breaking their laws then the Courts of that State will put a stop to it as they should.

MI is in a big hole dug by the Dems.

Oh and BTW they have a big sticker on top of the blog about recalling Snyder. Lets see if that flies.
It's a link to Maddow's covering it.
Did you read what I said: If you don't like Maddow, just move up the video to about 11:00 and watch how they are doing it. Witness the legislative action for yourself.

Cleaning up the dirty politics of Democrats of that state? Is it Dem's having a fit because they aren't in power any more?
If the people in Michigan don't like it they can vote them out.
Michigan's voter laws aimed at cleaning up voter fraud.
SOS - , Election Reform: SAFE Initiative,

Michigan's unemployment leads the nation; the state's population is shrinking and aging at an alarming rate; and the domestic auto industry is in shambles. As a result, the state budget has been decimated. The national economic turmoil has only made it worse for Michigan.
This is why the people voted in Republicans.

Wanting to put the people in power again, instead of Gov. controlled Democrats?

Forum List

Back