Republican Politicians Banned From Labor Day Parade In Wisconsin

Use your brain and have some common sense, if most of the people are going to boo and jeer them why should they show up? they can hold their own event, who's stopping them?

Because they have the right to boo and jeer them just as they have the right to boo and jeer at KKK parades. And for the same reason.

I recall lots of booing and jeering from leftist whack jobs at various public events.
Imagine the Klan marching along side Dr. King from Selma to Montgomery. Why would they do that? Because they supported Dr. King and the civil rights movement?

Now, put a Wisconsin Republican in a Labor Day parade. Is there any difference?

The Klan? You are comparing Republicans to the Klan? Too much dude.

Because they have the right to boo and jeer them just as they have the right to boo and jeer at KKK parades. And for the same reason.

I recall lots of booing and jeering from leftist whack jobs at various public events.
Imagine the Klan marching along side Dr. King from Selma to Montgomery. Why would they do that? Because they supported Dr. King and the civil rights movement?

I'm not making a direct comparison. I'm saying that having a Wisconsin Republican in a Labor Day parade in 2011 has the same effect as having a Klan group marching with Dr. King in Alabama in 1962.

Neither group has any real reason for being there save schadenfreude.

Their presence is simply going to spoil the facking event so its best that they stay away.

I now understand your motivation for joining the Army.... it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with defending the Constitution.

Idiot.

Use your brain and have some common sense, if most of the people are going to boo and jeer them why should they show up? they can hold their own event, who's stopping them?

If most were going to boo and jeer at Republicans, why didn't they show their displeasure during the recall elections, when the unions tried to spend$40 million to help the Dimocrats regain the legislature... and FAILED? That would have been a much better way to show their displeasure, wouldn't it?

I'm not making a direct comparison. I'm saying that having a Wisconsin Republican in a Labor Day parade in 2011 has the same effect as having a Klan group marching with Dr. King in Alabama in 1962.

Did the KKK maintian control of anything in Alabama in 1962 because blacks voted FOR them? I didn't think so.

Dumb comparison.

To be fair, I don't think it was a comparison of Republicans to the Klan. He was just using an analogy.

Did the KKK maintian control of anything in Alabama in 1962 because blacks voted FOR them? I didn't think so.

Dumb comparison.
And here you're making the assumption that Blacks COULD vote! That was the point of the Selma to Montgomery march. Try again!

Dumb comparison.
And here you're making the assumption that Blacks COULD vote! That was the point of the Selma to Montgomery march. Try again!

entirely not the point. It's a flawed analogy. A dumb, flawed analogy.

Oh look...the Labor Day organizers have the Supreme Court on their side...

The United States Supreme Court, in a rare 9-0 decision, ruled that parades are protected under the First Amendment, and as such, the state could not compel organizers to include groups with messages the organizers disfavored. Justice Souter, writing for the Court, noted, "The state court's application [of the public accommodation law] however, had the effect of declaring the sponsor's speech itself to be the public accommodation."

"Under the free speech guarantees of the Federal Constitution's First Amendment, (1) the law is not free to interfere with speech for no better reason than promoting an approved message or discouraging a disfavored one, however enlightened either purpose may strike the government, and (2) disapproval of a private speaker's statement does not legitimize use of the government's power to compel the speaker to alter the message by including one more acceptable to others."

The Court also observed, "Assuming a parade to be large enough and to be a source of public benefits, apart from the parade's expression, that would normally justify application to the parade of a mandated access provision, a group can nonetheless, consistent with the free speech guarantee of the First Amendment, be refused admission to the parade as an expressive contingent with its own message just as readily as a private club can exclude an applicant whose manifest views are at odds with a position taken by the club's existing members."
I would be OK with it IF the unions were paying the bill. Since they are getting government support, the government gets to decide who gets to be there. Get it?

Dumb comparison.

Not a flawed analogy at all. One group is antagonistic toward another group. They then decide to co-opt the celebration/march/parade of the group they are antagonistic toward. It's neither a productive nor a sound idea.

You got your tit caught in the wringer because the antagonistic groups I am comparing are the Ku Klux Klan and the Republican party of Wisconsin vs the civil rights marchers of the 1960s and Wisconsin Labor organizations. You just don't like a Klan mirror held up to the Republican party. But, it's analogous of the situation the Wisconsin Republicans find themselves in trying to horn in on a Labor Day parade.

Not a flawed analogy at all. One group is antagonistic toward another group. They then decide to co-opt the celebration/march/parade of the group they are antagonistic toward. It's neither a productive nor a sound idea.

You got your tit caught in the wringer because the antagonistic groups I am comparing are the Ku Klux Klan and the Republican party of Wisconsin vs the civil rights marchers of the 1960s and Wisconsin Labor organizations. You just don't like a Klan mirror held up to the Republican party. But, it's analogous of the situation the Wisconsin Republicans find themselves in trying to horn in on a Labor Day parade.

It is a myth that democrats are the champions of the working man. same myth with civil rights.

Regurgitate repeat Parrot

Dem policies are holding back the working man, not looking out for them.

It is a myth that democrats are the champions of the working man. same myth with civil rights.

Regurgitate repeat Parrot

Dem policies are holding back the working man, not looking out for them.
Can you show us how well the Wisconsin Republicans have defended the rights of working people? Please, I ask you to start with how repealing collective bargaining rights is a position that champions working families.

You cannot simply say something as blatantly vapid as what you just posted and get away without defending it.

Why would labor-hating republicans want to be in a parade sponsored by unions on LABOR day in the first place?

Shit, they can't ban all the cameras and avoid heckling. Maybe the tea party can organize their own fucking parade on labor day and remind people what the definition of irony is.

Reps made their bed. lay in it, bitches.

I now understand your motivation for joining the Army.... it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with defending the Constitution.

Idiot.

If most were going to boo and jeer at Republicans, why didn't they show their displeasure during the recall elections, when the unions tried to spend$40 million to help the Dimocrats regain the legislature... and FAILED? That would have been a much better way to show their displeasure, wouldn't it?

Failed would mean it didn't work.

And actually it did work. Which means it succeeded.

2 Republicans lost their seats. No Democrats lost theirs.

And they will be voting to recall the governor soon.

Neener neener :funnyface: Republicans are for the ironically named "right-to-work" state which means the right to be summarily fired
:2up:

pssydems.jpg

Last edited:
Council President Randy Radtke said in a statement on the group's website that politicians are only welcome at the festivities if they have demonstrated support for workers' rights.

Makes perfect sense to me. Why would they want politicians there that have voted to take food off their table?

Were you equally outraged when gay-privilege advocates were banned from the Boston St. Patrick's Day parade?

This is just further proof that union powers seek to divide our nation.

More Union stink: It is speculated that Gibson was actually raided because they are a non-union shop that supports the GOP. Martin, their competitor, uses the same wood, but are a union shop. The Forest Stewardship Council, which exists to guarantee that wood has been harvested from sustainable and legal forests, proves they are a company that cares-this has political stench all over it.

This is what the so called AFL-CIO Super PAC will be doing going forward-this is the same thuggery that labor once accused managements of doing. They have become their foe with the power they have forcibly taken via mandatory dues.

The faux-rage on this is fucking hilarious.

What next, outrage over a black pride parade banning KKK members?

or outrage over a Planned Parenthood function banning members of the AFA?

Get a fucking clue dipshits! :lol:

Here's a heart warming story about how our friends on the left are eager to practice what they preach about peace, love & brotherhood!
WASHINGTON -- A group of Wisconsin union officials has voted to ban Republican politicians from a local Labor Day parade, underscoring how partisan the state has become in the wake of this year's clashes over collective bargaining rights.

The Marathon County Central Labor Council, which sponsors the parade, includes some 30 local unions.

Council President Randy Radtke said in a statement on the group's website that politicians are only welcome at the festivities if they have demonstrated support for workers' rights.

link

Well isn't that mighty tolerant and accepting behavior by those liberal leaning people who did this ;)

Forum List

Back