Will any illegal drug in the USA become legal in the next 30 years?

I think Marijuana will be decriminalized. Given the money we waste on the war on drugs, I'd like to see coke decriminalized also

Now if we could tax the stuff ....

I think Marijuana will be decriminalized. Given the money we waste on the war on drugs, I'd like to see coke decriminalized also

"Decrimminalized" and "Legal" are 2 different things.

Pot is already decriminalized in lib-havens like Seattle - where possession is given low priority and rarely if ever prosecuted.

"Decrimminalized" and "Legal" are 2 different things.

Pot is already decriminalized in lib-havens like Seattle - where possession is given low priority and rarely if ever prosecuted.

I realize that

I doubt if you will ever be able to buy it at the 7-11 but by decriminalizing, you can grow your own and nobody gives a crap

I think some will. Primarily the drugs that corporations can figure out how to profit from. For that reason, I suspect marijuana will be one of the last. Drug prohibition has never been about protecting users - it's about protecting suppliers. Illegal drugs are pretty much always the drugs that people can make for themselves if they want to.

Last edited:
Went downhill in the 1970s - with lexicon of "drug-of-choice" when snorting cocaine was considered "hip" and "cool".

Not the America I grew up in .................................

Will any legal drug become illegal in the next 30 years. It's pretty ironic that the left wing is pushing hard to make tobacco products illegal while trying to legalize marijuana.

Drug of Choice lexicon in the 1970s -when America started on the path of ruin like the Roman Empire-

the decade of liberalism.................................

The fault of lax "if-it feels-good- do-itin -the- road" parenting by Baby Boomer parents..............

Hasn't that Ron Paul fellow proposed legalising all controlled narcotics in his election manifesto? I'm fairly sure that he has.

Ever time I hear the phrase "drug-of-choice" - feel like putting my fist through somebodys face.

I doubt it on a FEDERAL level.

I expect that State and local governments will continue to give (or start giving) POT a low priority.

AS the money to fight REAL crime gets harder and harder to find, one HOPES that the local and state governments will FINALLY stop wasting their time and resources on NON-crimes like possessing, transporting (etc) marijuana.

Last edited:

Why is it the committed leftist just can't allow freedom for the sake of freedom?

Nope....They just gotta line Big Daddy Big Gubmint's pockets.

Wankers.

Yup...thats the way things work in this great nation. If you run a legitimate business, you pay taxes on your profit

I expect that State and local governments will continue to give (or start giving) POT a low priority.

AS the money to fight REAL crime gets harder and harder to find, one HOPES that the local and state governments will FINALLY stop wasting their time and resources on NON-crimes like possessing, transporting (etc) marijuana.

They still enjoy the headlines from a drug or prostitution bust over arresting a corporate criminal or tax cheat

They still enjoy the headlines from a drug or prostitution bust over arresting a corporate criminal or tax cheat

That's because it is easier for simpletons to understand the nature of the "crime".

Understanding the clever machinations of a crime, say like ENRON, is beyond the mental capacity of most right wing cranks.

That is, after all, why they are duped into supporting people who have nothing but contempt for them in the first place, isn't it?

I think marijuana will become legal just as soon as they find a way to control it and tax it. I mean it's almost legal in California.

Forum List

Back