Republican lies about colorado shooter

tererun

Rookie
May 19, 2012
carolinas
republicans are trying to spread a lie that the colorado shooter used the money given to him by the government to go to school to pay for the 15k arsenal he had. this simply is not true for one reason. he actually went to school. According to the news he attended school up until April where he failed an oral examination despite being a rather good student. This means that he had to pay the money the government gave him to the school for the semesters he attended college. 26k is barely going to get you an associates at a community college. it certainly is not going to get you up to the advanced classes in neuroscience. 26k would not cover where he had already gotten in his college education, especially with him living in an off campus apartment.

So no, he did not use our tax money to get guns. Our tax money was used to get him an education, which no one could have determined was going to go to waste because he shot up a movie theater. Where did he get the money? He probably had savings, got it from family and friends, or even has a large outstanding credit card bill. He couldn't have even withdrawn for a refund in April because it would have been too late for him to get a refund. So since he had a college education he certainly used the money the government gave him in the way it was intended. Since the background checks on him revealed no psychosis or felonies there was no way the college assistance programs would have known to give that money to a person who was a bit more stable so as not to waste it.

So unless you have some proof he went to college for free allowing him to use the government assistance for gun purchases, the claim that he used government education money for guns and ammo is completely without base and goes further to become a bold faced lie meant to politicize this event.

republicans are trying to spread a lie that the colorado shooter used the money given to him by the government to go to school to pay for the 15k arsenal he had. this simply is not true for one reason. he actually went to school. According to the news he attended school up until April where he failed an oral examination despite being a rather good student. This means that he had to pay the money the government gave him to the school for the semesters he attended college. 26k is barely going to get you an associates at a community college. it certainly is not going to get you up to the advanced classes in neuroscience. 26k would not cover where he had already gotten in his college education, especially with him living in an off campus apartment.

So no, he did not use our tax money to get guns. Our tax money was used to get him an education, which no one could have determined was going to go to waste because he shot up a movie theater. Where did he get the money? He probably had savings, got it from family and friends, or even has a large outstanding credit card bill. He couldn't have even withdrawn for a refund in April because it would have been too late for him to get a refund. So since he had a college education he certainly used the money the government gave him in the way it was intended. Since the background checks on him revealed no psychosis or felonies there was no way the college assistance programs would have known to give that money to a person who was a bit more stable so as not to waste it.

So unless you have some proof he went to college for free allowing him to use the government assistance for gun purchases, the claim that he used government education money for guns and ammo is completely without base and goes further to become a bold faced lie meant to politicize this event.

If you knew anything at all sweet heart, you would know some of the Assistance you get is cash, and can be used at your Discretion for living expenses.

The Question is where did he get the money if he was a full time student other than the Grants he had?

• Banned

If you knew anything at all sweet heart, you would know some of the Assistance you get is cash, and can be used at your Discretion for living expenses.

The Question is where did he get the money if he was a full time student other than the Grants he had?

One, since he actually got the education he spent the money on education. Had he not gone to school your bullshit might have some truth to it, but he went to school.

I would also like to point out he graduated and applied for government assistance for his education before obama was president in the Bush years. So if you are going to follow a completely incorrect load of crap bullshit you need to say that bush gave him the money for his arsenal. Of course, that would also be incorrect as he did not get the money from the government because he spent that money, even if it was cash, on attending school.

Again, i told you to prove your point, and all you could do is say he got cash for something that probably ran him over 50k, and he got 26k for it. So unless he got the school to let him go for free so he could use that money elsewhere he used it on school.

Either prove your point or keep being an ignorant twat, but don't expect me to think down at your level.

Is this why you were so butt hurt in that thread I started?

republicans are trying to spread a lie that the colorado shooter used the money given to him by the government to go to school to pay for the 15k arsenal he had.

15,000.00 arsenal? Until the list of what he has is released you don't know how much was the cost.

One, since he actually got the education he spent the money on education. Had he not gone to school your bullshit might have some truth to it, but he went to school.

You clearly didn't even listen to me. I don't care how he got the Damn weapons. The whole issue is silly, But so are you. lol

You clearly didn't even listen to me. I don't care how he got the Damn weapons. The whole issue is silly, But so are you. lol

I didn't realize the anti gun people had an issue with this, I never realized it was an issue.

I would also like to point out he graduated and applied for government assistance for his education before obama was president in the Bush years. So if you are going to follow a completely incorrect load of crap bullshit you need to say that bush gave him the money for his arsenal. Of course, that would also be incorrect as he did not get the money from the government because he spent that money, even if it was cash, on attending school.

Again, i told you to prove your point, and all you could do is say he got cash for something that probably ran him over 50k, and he got 26k for it. So unless he got the school to let him go for free so he could use that money elsewhere he used it on school.

Either prove your point or keep being an ignorant twat, but don't expect me to think down at your level.
He graduated in California, he was going to grad school but dropped out. Have you ever had student loans? they do give you money, so you can pay stuff, it's kinda like Aflac. My wife bought a laptop with the leftover money and it was good investment for her. I'v e seen you have coherent posts, so dont try and be a partisan.
NOW I dont know how he got his money yet, but it COULD be from student loans. I like to wait for facts, so it might or might not be true

• Banned

As upset as i get with any blatantly false statement that relies on fear rather than educated thought. If it helps you got me about as annoyed as a person who does the jersey slide on the highway.

republicans are trying to spread a lie that the colorado shooter used the money given to him by the government to go to school to pay for the 15k arsenal he had.
15,000.00 arsenal? Until the list of what he has is released you don't know how much was the cost.

Those are the estimates i heard on the news, though no one has actually come up with the exact amount he had spent. That seems to be based on common retail value, but he may have saved some money. I know from going to gun shows and shopping online you can often haggle down purchases, especially in large quantities online.

It still doesn't mean he spent any money he was given for school on it. Especially considering he had been attending school for years, and would have needed to pay for his classes at the latest in january of this year, and authorities claim he did not start purchasing his arsenal until April.

• Banned

Obviously you have not listened to the point, which is that the claims he used US tax dollars given through educational assistance to purchase those weapons. If you are arguing some completely different point then that is a deflection from the point of the thread.

Either you admit that I am right and the claims he used tax money to purchase the guns is incorrect, or you have some sort of evidence that he did not spend the money on the college education we know he had, or that he had used some other program from the government to purchase guns. Anything else is just you pissing in the wind.

As upset as i get with any blatantly false statement that relies on fear rather than educated thought. If it helps you got me about as annoyed as a person who does the jersey slide on the highway.

Those are the estimates i heard on the news, though no one has actually come up with the exact amount he had spent. That seems to be based on common retail value, but he may have saved some money. I know from going to gun shows and shopping online you can often haggle down purchases, especially in large quantities online.

It still doesn't mean he spent any money he was given for school on it. Especially considering he had been attending school for years, and would have needed to pay for his classes at the latest in january of this year, and authorities claim he did not start purchasing his arsenal until April.

OK your estimate is on the ver high side,
Now where exactly did you say he got the money from?

Obviously you have not listened to the point, which is that the claims he used US tax dollars given through educational assistance to purchase those weapons. If you are arguing some completely different point then that is a deflection from the point of the thread.

Either you admit that I am right and the claims he used tax money to purchase the guns is incorrect, or you have some sort of evidence that he did not spend the money on the college education we know he had, or that he had used some other program from the government to purchase guns. Anything else is just you pissing in the wind.

The real point is we dont know. Do you?

He graduated in California, he was going to grad school but dropped out. Have you ever had student loans?

yes, i actually have, and i know they can give you money you could turn around and use for something else, but here is the problems with that idea. He graduated which means, unless they gave him the courses without collecting money, that he used that money for what it was intended for. he received an education with it, and 26k would not have covered a california school in full. He also dropped out very recently. if you read what i said the school says he dropped out after failing an oral examination needed to pass a class he was taking. At the point he dropped out he would have already paid for the semester in tuition, labs, and study materials, and given the time of his departure it was well after the time colleges give refunds for withdrawl. So out tax money went to the school. It did not go to purchasing guns, and it certainly did not cover all of his educational costs. In other words he paid his own money for his education.
they do give you money, so you can pay stuff, it's kinda like Aflac. My wife bought a laptop with the leftover money and it was good investment for her. I'v e seen you have coherent posts, so dont try and be a partisan.

Actually, i am confronting the partisan blame. The right seems to be implying that the liberal student assistance program we have in america paid for the guns this kid purchased. this simply is not true, and even moreso cannot be blamed on the present administration as he would have been approved under the last one. This kid did exactly what he was supposed to with his money, and he seemed to do it well considering his teachers have said nothing but good things about him, and that they expected him to come back and pass the oral exam he failed. Up until the time of the shooting this kid seems to have been a decent student who used the assistance the government gave him to attend school in a fairly hard major. On top of that he was employed and maintained off campus housing. This is a guy who up until his problem worked and studied hard. He would have been the sort of ideal dedicated student that these loans were meant to help out, and the sort of person no one could complain was getting help in educating himself because it seemed he would give back to society in the neuroscience field. Aside from what seems to be a false claim about him being in occupy, the kid had no record I have seen, and was a good student with no big issues.

There should be no one shitting on the money given to him for his education because he used it for his education, and no one has come up with any evidence I have seen that shows this kid was going to do what he did. The casting of blame to his college assistance for supposedly allowing him to build his arsenal is bogus, and it is partisan despite the claims that we are going to be nonpartisan about it.

You will notice i have not said he should not have been sold the guns, or that it was loose right wing gun sales that allowed him to get these guns. That is because i simply do not believe that. I agree with obama and romney that this is an unfortunate fluke and that this kid would have passed background checks and there was no reason to suspect him of doing such a horrible thing. from what I see you could have gone over this kids life with a magnifying glass and up until the event found him to be a capable gun owner. Unfortunately this kid's actions illustrate an effect guns have on society that cannot be gotten rid of even if we ban all guns.

NOW I dont know how he got his money yet, but it COULD be from student loans. I like to wait for facts, so it might or might not be true

What i am saying is he spent the student loan money on his education. Even if you were to say he tried to use his last semester's money for the guns he would have already spent the money in january before he started collecting the arsenal in April. Unless the news and police are wrong, this is when they say he did his purchases. The money was spent on his education, and possibly this wasn't even an option in january for him. I don't know what made this kid go off, but it seems that sometime in Aplril of this year something happened to him. He was not stockpiling guns and ammo before then according to reports. It looks like he snapped for some reason, and if that is true it looks like he snapped after he paid for his college already.

In other words, there is a high degree of likelihood that inj january he used the money he had from the government to pay for his school which he seems to have been doing fairly well in. He doesn't seem to be plotting anything back then, and perhaps he had not even thought of such a thing. I will tell you that for a smart dedicated person it can be a couple of days from inception of an idea to taking action on it. It just doesn't fit that a person with his dedication would have waited until this april to get guns if he was planning it all along, and that lends support to the idea that he never used education money to purchase guns.

Exactly, all I said is one I don't think it matters what money he used, and two that you can not rule out that he used some of the money he got from the Government to do it, But who the fuck cares.

and this high strong Left wing hack chick Neg reps me and goes off thinking I am claiming he paid for it all with Government money.

Jesus lol chill the fuck out.

The Dude is an evil fuck, I am not buying the Crazy act for one second, and I don't care if he is left wing, Right wing, if he used his own money, or tax payers dollars, I just think he needs to be put the fuck down with all do haste.

that and Tererun is an idiot, who keeps saying he went to school so he spent all of the money on that and could not have. Which means she has no idea how Student loans work, and is ignoring the Fact he Dropped out and did not finish. It is very possible he had money from Loans available still.

Now Tererun can make another long winded post of Run on Sentences, and Massive Paragraphs making the Same Points over and over again.

because i am going to bed.

:)

Last edited:

having done the living in an apartment while going to school thing I would have to say it could have been from a number of places. He was working, and given what people said about him, he probably maintained a job through college. If he had family that helped him with money for school he could have easily had that much money in savings had he worked since high school. I don't know what his financial status was, but just because you got loans for school does not mean you are poor. I got close to full coverage and my family was far from the poverty level. There is also the possibility that he had cultivated some credit cards before snapping which he may have had some pretty high limits on. Online purchases often use credit cards.

if you look at the timeline he doesn't begin these odd purchases up until April of this year, according to what i have read. Had he been using government money for the guns it would have come in chunks. Educational loans and government grants cover you by semester or year. They do not just give you a huge lump sum. His purchases would have been spread out over time corresponsing with the receipts of his funds for college if he was using that money to purchase guns.

About the best you can say is that the assistance programs allowed him to have a savings and credit line to do this, and in many cases that is what they are there for. Not to help kids purchase guns, but to allow them to have a little nest egg coming out of school they can use to enter the workforce full time if they have not already.

The real point is that I do know that the education money went to his education which he does have. Any statement otherwise is ignoring the facts.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? The grant James Holmes received was over and above his tuition, and was intended to be used to cover living expenses and extra costs for his research. Why would he use it to pay for college when his college was already paid for?

Please note, there is no actual evidence he used the grant to purchase his arsenal, but there is also no other known income for him.

Exactly, all I said is one I don't think it matters what money he used, and two that you can not rule out that he used some of the money he got from the Government to do it, But who the fuck cares.

We do know where the money he got from the government went. it went to the schools he was attending. Again, he started purchasing this april which means the previous loans for his school were for his education. unless you have some evidence he took 26k out in loans this april he was on the college track.
and this high strong Left wing hack chick Neg reps me and goes off thinking I am claiming he paid for it all with Government money.

Jesus lol chill the fuck out.

You got negged because you put no thought or any argument into your response. If you are just going to spout bullshit without thinking or answering points, yeah i am going to neg rep you if i see it. Especially if you think that is a valid response to the points i made. It was a pathetic response and you should be ashamed for making it.

One final thing, this is not me excited.
The Dude is an evil fuck, I am not buying the Crazy act for one second, and I don't care if he is left wing, Right wing, if he used his own money, or tax payers dollars, I just think he needs to be put the fuck down with all do haste.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that point. I am not sure what set him off because it seems he was going along fine until this year, but it is all just conversation at this point with him. It doesn't matter what the cause, just put him down.
that and Tererun is an idiot, who keeps saying he went to school so he spent all of the money on that and could not have. Which means she has no idea how Student loans work, and is ignoring the Fact he Dropped out and did not finish. It is very possible he had money from Loans available still.

First, i do know how student loans work, i have used them. Two, you do have some discretion on how they are used, but they do not give you a huge pile of money upfront. It goes over the course of your education that the loans become available. Third, if you are not going to school the loans become due, so he was going to school for these years which costs money, which he used the loan money for. Finally the loan money doesn't cover the full cost of school. He would have had to have something else to be attending school as records show. I would also like to note that according to the timeline he began purchasing guns and ammo in April. He would have already paid for his spring semester with the loan money. he did attend school, and though he dropped out was responsible for tuition, books, and living expenses.

If you want to prove the point he used education money please show that he walked in in april and got a loan for the guns. I would be glad to admit that any federal money that came to him after april was in the mix to be used for purchasing the arsenal.
Now Tererun can make another long winded post of Run on Sentences, and Massive Paragraphs making the Same Points over and over again.

because i am going to bed.

:)

Yes, i back up what i say with my rationalization and evidence. Sorry if you just want to shout talking points at each other. May I suggest if my long winded full replies are getting to you that you skip them because i do find it necessary to support my points. If that is not something you find necessary then good for you.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? The grant James Holmes received was over and above his tuition, and was intended to be used to cover living expenses and extra costs for his research. Why would he use it to pay for college when his college was already paid for?

Please note, there is no actual evidence he used the grant to purchase his arsenal, but there is also no other known income for him.

Yes, at that level of study there would be those things. I assumed people were familiar with paying for high level college expenses. Still, money he used to do his education.

The amount above your tuition that you get could not possibly afford you 6,000 rounds of ammo, 3 guns, and whole shit load of bomb-making material.

I don't doubt that he used the difference, but it seems rather common sensical that he's left behind credit card debt.

Unless you can buy 6,000 rounds of ammo online with cash....

having done the living in an apartment while going to school thing I would have to say it could have been from a number of places. He was working, and given what people said about him, he probably maintained a job through college. If he had family that helped him with money for school he could have easily had that much money in savings had he worked since high school. I don't know what his financial status was, but just because you got loans for school does not mean you are poor. I got close to full coverage and my family was far from the poverty level. There is also the possibility that he had cultivated some credit cards before snapping which he may have had some pretty high limits on. Online purchases often use credit cards.

if you look at the timeline he doesn't begin these odd purchases up until April of this year, according to what i have read. Had he been using government money for the guns it would have come in chunks. Educational loans and government grants cover you by semester or year. They do not just give you a huge lump sum. His purchases would have been spread out over time corresponsing with the receipts of his funds for college if he was using that money to purchase guns.

About the best you can say is that the assistance programs allowed him to have a savings and credit line to do this, and in many cases that is what they are there for. Not to help kids purchase guns, but to allow them to have a little nest egg coming out of school they can use to enter the workforce full time if they have not already.
You're saying you could do all these things, you aren't him. He worked at McDonald.

Forum List

Back