Trump's budget reveals the GOP's priorities in all their hideous glory

The budget would do the following:
  • Spend $716 billion this year on the military
  • Spend $18 billion over two years to build a border wall
  • Cut $554 billion from Medicare over 10 years
  • Cut $250 billion from Medicaid over 10 years
  • Cut $214 billion from food stamps over 10 years
  • Cut the EPA's budget by 34 percent
  • Cut the Department of Housing and Urban Development budget by 14 percent, including eliminating the fund that pays for capital repairs to public housing
  • Eliminate the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which provides funding to PBS and NPR
  • Eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities
  • Eliminate the Legal Services Corporation, which provides legal help to poor Americans
  • Eliminate the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, which ensures that poor Americans don't freeze to death in the winter
  • Cut funding for Amtrak in half
  • Eliminate ARPA-E, which does cutting-edge research on energy technology

Now, combined with Republicans slashing taxes on billionaires and corporations we can see the Republican priorities.....Take from the poor and give to the rich

This is so awful, and very upsetting.. the word needs to get out about this, so many are already working 3 jobs so they don't not pay attention..

It appears the people you know that are working three jobs is to pay for democrats high taxes and half a million dollar shacks in California.
It's worse in Appalachia which covers 13 Republican states.
Many people don't have electricity or running water and get their heat by cutting down nearby trees.

I've posted links many times. Links with pictures, names and videos. It's can't be hidden. Only ignored.

And your kind attacks California.

• Cut the Department of Housing and Urban Development budget by 14 percent, including eliminating the fund that pays for capital repairs to public housing
  • Eliminate the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which provides funding to PBS and NPR
  • Eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities
  • Eliminate the Legal Services Corporation, which provides legal help to poor Americans
  • Eliminate the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, which ensures that poor Americans don't freeze to death in the winter

Now, combined with Republicans slashing taxes on billionaires and corporations we can see the Republican priorities.....Take from the poor and give to the rich

I would eliminate the wall, cut defense spending 25%, cut HUD and every other agency by 25%, cut Amtrak by 100%, and I would be okay with the rest.

I would also raise taxes along with deep spending cuts.

why do those things offend you?

None of them offend me, we as a nation spend too much, we need to cut the spending and get our financial house in order before the economy weakens, which it most certainly will in the future as it is all cyclical.

so cut it from the military where we are giving them money they don't even want.

why does the right only live for hurting individuals?

My first sentence was eliminate the wall, cut defense spending 25%. I'm not for hurting anyone, I am for getting this nation financially strong.

I agree with your above cuts.

but i also know that prior to social security, over 50% of our elderly lived in poverty. that isn't being financially strong.

when the majority of our bankruptcies occurred because of unanticipated medical expenses, that doesn't make us financially strong.

a safety net is important. and things that help people who don't have only benefit us as a society.

I also know that when social security started, that the average life expectancy was 62. So most people never lived on social security.

so how about we raise the social security age to 70 and stop giving welfare to rich people? poof... no more economic problem.

This is so awful, and very upsetting.. the word needs to get out about this, so many are already working 3 jobs so they don't not pay attention..

It appears the people you know that are working three jobs is to pay for democrats high taxes and half a million dollar shacks in California.
It's worse in Appalachia which covers 13 Republican states.
Many people don't have electricity or running water and get their heat by cutting down nearby trees.

I've posted links many times. Links with pictures, names and videos. It's can't be hidden. Only ignored.

And your kind attacks California.

Quit lying you fool I live down here.

I would eliminate the wall, cut defense spending 25%, cut HUD and every other agency by 25%, cut Amtrak by 100%, and I would be okay with the rest.

Have you read the list?

Why even spend so much on the military if America is in isolation and the country is turned into a wasteland?
What is there left to protect?

I read the list, it is obvious that you didn't read my reply but went knee jerk on it. I said cut defense spending by 25%.

I want higher taxes and less spending across the board.

Why are you or anybody else surprised by this?

Winning!!!!!!!!

Gee, a President who is not afraid to do what he said. All stuff that sounds good on the surface that when looked at closer is just a big money black hole.

"Take from the poor and give to the rich"
How is it "taking"....isn't it really "giving" less?
Hopefully you see the difference?

We need to cut military spending, particularly all the waste at the Pentagon, and we need to scrap the border wall idea. Aside from that, I have no issue with the rest seeing none of those other things are Constitutional functions of the federal government and pretty much all of them could be done at the state level where the programs would probably run better.

How can you take from the poor if they have nothing to take? They are poor, remember? Which poor person has had something taken from them and given to a rich person via the federal government? Name this person, please.

Winning!!!!!!!!

Why do you object to protecting the environment?
Who wins?
Republican donors from polluting industries.

Winning!!!!!!!!

Who wins?
Environmentalists don’t know what is best for the environment, so they have no credibility. There should be ignored

You mean rightwing talk show hosts know more about the environment than scientists?
Who needs science when you have an ideology?

yes--they HAVE to cut something--we are in huge debt
I don't understand how they don't get that

Then why did we just slash taxes to add $1.5 trillion to debt?

Republicans have complained about debt for eight years.
They were elected on a platform to balance the budget and pay down debt

Then why, after over a year.....have they done nothing but add to our debt?

Now it seems they want the poor to pay for it
not the poor--the lazy bums sucking tax$$$$$ from hard working Americans

DUUUUUHHHHH DERP DUUUUUUUUHHHH DERP ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump added $1.5 Trillion dollars the our debt ... who the fuck do you think will be paying for that in the long run ? Israel

The new flux capacitor that everyone will be buying..

Once again how do you know it won't create new revenue, Did you computer models tell you that?

statistical emperical data ... something that escapes you.

Winning!!!!!!!!

Who wins?

The EPA is a bloated Fascist entity....leave it to the states

You literally just vomit words out and don't understand what they mean.

"Take from the poor and give to the rich"
How is it "taking"....isn't it really "giving" less?
Hopefully you see the difference?
people making below 50,000 pay next to nothing in Federal taxes--if any at all

"Most Americans do not use Amtrak make it stand on its own" My response: I have been on Amtrak just about everywhere to see the USA. It is always crowded. IF the stations could be a bit more interesting there would be an uptick in profitability. $_20.jpg

why do those things offend you?

None of them offend me, we as a nation spend too much, we need to cut the spending and get our financial house in order before the economy weakens, which it most certainly will in the future as it is all cyclical.

so cut it from the military where we are giving them money they don't even want.

why does the right only live for hurting individuals?

My first sentence was eliminate the wall, cut defense spending 25%. I'm not for hurting anyone, I am for getting this nation financially strong.

I agree with your above cuts.

but i also know that prior to social security, over 50% of our elderly lived in poverty. that isn't being financially strong.

when the majority of our bankruptcies occurred because of unanticipated medical expenses, that doesn't make us financially strong.

a safety net is important. and things that help people who don't have only benefit us as a society.

I also know that when social security started, that the average life expectancy was 62. So most people never lived on social security.

so how about we raise the social security age to 70 and stop giving welfare to rich people? poof... no more economic problem.

I'm good with the raising the SSI tax and medicaid, tax, I am not good with raising social security to 70, I know many in their early to mid 60's that need to retire or need to slow down because of health issues, for those reasons, they need to be able to either retire or semi-retire. However, I am not planning on retiring until I get to be in my mid 70's, I enjoy my work way too much.

Corporate welfare and welfare to the rich needs to end, I am all for that. I think we need safety nets for those of us in this country that need them, I think we need to tighten up who and how those people get benefits.

Medical is a problem that won't go away as long as health insurance companies exist and it is a "to big to fail" behemoth that neither party will take out.

Until we get spending under control, it will be difficult to help anyone out.

Winning!!!!!!!!

Who wins?
Environmentalists don’t know what is best for the environment, so they have no credibility. There should be ignored

You mean rightwing talk show hosts know more about the environment than scientists?
Who needs science when you have an ideology?
Environmental Science just glamorized guessing... fact

Forum List

Back