FBI Director Wray Calls White House Bluff On Rob Porter

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Christopher Wray said the FBI turned in a partial report about the domestic abuse accusations nearly a year ago.

WASHINGTON ― The White House’s attempts to explain why it allowed a top aide accused of domestic violence by both of his ex-wives to keep his job took another hit on Tuesday, this time from FBI Director Christopher Wray.

President Donald Trump’s other top aides have been claiming that they did not know about the domestic violence allegations against former staff secretary Rob Porter until recently and that they did not appreciate the full extent of the accusations until photographs of one woman’s injuries were published by news outlets.

But Wray, who was named to that job by Trump, told the Senate Intelligence Committee that the FBI had given the White House a preliminary report on Porter nearly a year ago.

“I can’t get into the content of what was briefed,” he said in response to a question from Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.). “What I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March and then a completed background investigation in late July.”

Wray added that the FBI “soon thereafter” received a request for a follow-up from the White House, which it completed and returned in November.

The FBI closed out its investigation in January, but then received “additional information” in early February, which it passed along as well, Wray said.

White House officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment about Wray’s testimony, which contradicts timelines offered by the White House press office over the past week.

More: FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Thank you, Director Wray. I applaud your honesty. We already knew the White House was lying about Porter - and you have officially confirmed it.

FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Christopher Wray said the FBI turned in a partial report about the domestic abuse accusations nearly a year ago.

WASHINGTON ― The White House’s attempts to explain why it allowed a top aide accused of domestic violence by both of his ex-wives to keep his job took another hit on Tuesday, this time from FBI Director Christopher Wray.

President Donald Trump’s other top aides have been claiming that they did not know about the domestic violence allegations against former staff secretary Rob Porter until recently and that they did not appreciate the full extent of the accusations until photographs of one woman’s injuries were published by news outlets.

But Wray, who was named to that job by Trump, told the Senate Intelligence Committee that the FBI had given the White House a preliminary report on Porter nearly a year ago.

“I can’t get into the content of what was briefed,” he said in response to a question from Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.). “What I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March and then a completed background investigation in late July.”

Wray added that the FBI “soon thereafter” received a request for a follow-up from the White House, which it completed and returned in November.

The FBI closed out its investigation in January, but then received “additional information” in early February, which it passed along as well, Wray said.

White House officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment about Wray’s testimony, which contradicts timelines offered by the White House press office over the past week.

More: FBI Chief Disputes White House Claims On When It Heard Of Rob Porter Allegations

Thank you, Director Wray. I applaud your honesty. We already knew the White House was lying about Porter - and you have officially confirmed it.

Tabloid bullshit to begin with. No one cares about this fake outrage over the soap opera except butthurt snowflakes.

Collusion, nope so we'll go with obstruction.

Obstruction, nope so we'll go with the tabloid reporting which is nothing more than the new War on Men.

Pathetic, what the hell does this have to do with the real issues we need fixed?

Get the pussy hats out and get out there and make an ass of yourself some more.

Tabloid bullshit to begin with. No one cares about this fake outrage over the soap opera except butthurt snowflakes.

Obstruction, nope so we'll go with the tabloid reporting which is nothing more than the new War on Men.

Pathetic, what the hell does this have to do with the real issues we need fixed?

Partial report? I buy gun and get instachecked. And the FBI can only do a partial?
Bullshit

Well Squanto, if we switch parties, you switch sides on this. You didn't give a shit about corruption in the Obama administration

Well Squanto, if we switch parties, you switch sides on this. You didn't give a shit about corruption in the Obama administration

You voted for a woman who attacked sexual assault victims of her husband, then called herself a feminist. Your integrity on this is as genuine as your fake Indian blood, Pretendian

Partial report? I buy gun and get instachecked. And the FBI can only do a partial?
Bullshit

Exactly, I was out of Cabellas with a new 40 cal and the check was done before I could decide on which holster I wanted.

So this woman claims Porter slugged her in the eye. If so that's assault. So why weren't charges brought when it happened? Police can bring charges even if she didn't want to.

This is nothing more than the continuation of the new War on Men and a last ditch effort to fake outrage against Trump.

It's just another perfect example of how this administration lies to wriggle out of trouble. And how they have no concern about "security" until they get caught. I.e., Flynn and Porter.
The Trump Admin plays it fast and loose.
To THINK that all you folks were screaming about how badly Hillary endangered national security with her email server, when nothing was ever taken from it, but yet it is okay to have over three dozen staff in the White House without full security clearances.
And before you start your bullshit, no, there is no difference.

It's just another perfect example of how this administration lies to wriggle out of trouble. And how they have no concern about "security" until they get caught. I.e., Flynn and Porter.
To THINK that all you folks were screaming about how badly Hillary endangered national security with her email server, when nothing was ever taken from it, but yet it is okay to have over three dozen staff in the White House without full security clearances.

Wow, this is odd. Yet another post where you're with Democrats after you told me you're not one. I can't seem to find those posts.

That is EVERY administration, honey. Funny how this wasn't a standard for you under Obama. But the reality is, it takes too long to realistically get security clearances for the WH staff. None of them would have staffs until the third year of their term.

And Democrats are leaking like a sieve, which apparently doesn't bother you. The leaks constantly hurt Trump and are from his political opponents. Not you, you're not a Democrat. Can't seem to find those posts. Oh well, I'll keep looking!

Wray said a partial report on Porter was issued in March and a completed report was submitted in late July. The FBI received a request for a follow-up inquiry, provided it in November and passed along additional information earlier this month.

"Soon thereafter we received a request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and administratively closed the file in January," he said. "Earlier this month, we received some additional information and we passed that on as well."

Asked if the White House had been informed of the allegations against Porter, Wray said, "I can't get into the content."
FBI followed protocol in Rob Porter background check - FBI's Wray

So, Wray won’t confirm if the White House was informed of the allegations...

Fake outrage, Hillaryous broke national security laws. What national security laws did Porter break?

Where was your outrage when Hillaryous was attacking women who Bildo raped?

But, keep up the War on Men. Get back to sewing pussy hats.

Wray said a partial report on Porter was issued in March and a completed report was submitted in late July. The FBI received a request for a follow-up inquiry, provided it in November and passed along additional information earlier this month.

"Soon thereafter we received a request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and administratively closed the file in January," he said. "Earlier this month, we received some additional information and we passed that on as well."

Asked if the White House had been informed of the allegations against Porter, Wray said, "I can't get into the content."

How can you make that deduction considering the FBI had looked into the allegations, interviewed the women and Porter about it, and then submitted a complete report on his background check in July and with additional information on something in November.
Yes, it would have been in their report. It was part of Porter's background.

Fake outrage, Hillaryous broke national security laws. What national security laws did Porter break?

A private server wasn't against the law or against government policy at the time. The FBI found it reckless. Well, I also consider it reckless to keep a top level aide to the President on staff when he cannot get a security clearance due to criminal behavior in his background.

At last we've got some actual information to go on. It was really getting confusing and I'm glad Wray spoke up.

Ask Wray. He is the one I quoted from the article of what he said in his hearing.
And to be honest, this is simply a distraction the media is running with away from the revelations within the Russia investigation.

And,I am glad he was fired. I cannot tolerate any abuse of any kind .

How can you make that deduction considering the FBI had looked into the allegations, interviewed the women and Porter about it, and then submitted a complete report on his background check in July and with additional information on something in November.

The guy was denied a clearance because of domestic abuse

And the White House was looking to promote him

A private server wasn't against the law or against government policy at the time. The FBI found it reckless. Well, I also consider it reckless to keep a top level aide to the President on staff when he cannot get a security clearance due to criminal behavior in his background.

What a load of crap. And wow, you're with the Democrats ... again. What are the odds? It's like every time since you said you're not one.

Saying a private server wasn't against the rules is like saying it's legal to shoot people from a helicopter because there's no law against shooting people from a helicopter.

Actually, there is a law against shooting people, the helicopter is irrelevant. Yes, it's illegal to shoot people from a helicopter, or anywhere else.

It is also illegal to not secure secret and top secret government documents. From anywhere. It doesn't matter if how you made them insecure was through a server. It was illegal to not secure them no matter how you did it.

Hillary exposed secret information. Yes, that was illegal

Last edited:

I don't see how Kelly could not know

I don't see how Kelly could not know

I agree! We could all appreciate FBI Director Wray's honesty. I sure do.

Forum List

Back