representative in florida resigning; Merged

First, id also like to see you tell us what other republicans like sex with young boys.

'K:

Andrew Buhr, Missouri
Jeffrey Kyle Randall, Minnesota
Jim West, Washington
Keith Westmoreland, Florida

If I cared enough I might look for more.

Second, stop insulting catholics priests who are generally good men.

Most catholic priests are good men. Among their ranks however are a large number of gay pedophiles.

CL

Bottom line, he wrote but didn't touch. He's sick and was right to resign. Then we have Clinton, who touched, cigared, lied, and now chastises. :dunno:

I'm not quite sure where you come to equate a consenting adult with a minor child.... Monica was a big girl, capable of defending herself if she felt the need. It wouldn't have even been public had Linda Tripp not violated her trust, nor should it have been...since again, it was a consenting adult.

I'm not quite sure where you come to equate a consenting adult with a minor child.... Monica was a big girl, capable of defending herself if she felt the need. It wouldn't have even been public had Linda Tripp not violated her trust, nor should it have been...since again, it was a consenting adult.
Really think that your year or two out of college child is 'capable?' Your son is too young for you to be slipping into those shoes.

This 'child' is now 19, from all accounts, Foley never touched. I bet Monica's parents wish the same could be said. In any case, the sick bastards should never have been able to abuse their power in these ways.

Most pedophiles are heterosexual. Did you say that heterosexuality and pedophiia are related when Polly Klaas was abducted and murdered?

Naaaaaaah...didn't think so.

Don't even try it. Heterosexuality is normal; therefore, not additional aberrant sexual behavior. A heterosexual pedophile is a pedophile while a homosexual pedophile is a homosexual pedophile.

And you betcha ... two standards .... one for normal behavior and one for abnormal behavior.

Really think that your year or two out of college child is 'capable?' Your son is too young for you to be slipping into those shoes.

This 'child' is now 19, from all accounts, Foley never touched. I bet Monica's parents wish the same could be said. In any case, the sick bastards should never have been able to abuse their power in these ways.

Monica went to D.C. to "get her presidential kneepads", as I've heard it said. The boy "child" was 16 at the time...doesn't matter how much time has passed since.

You're mixing apples and oranges.

Monica went to D.C. to "get her presidential kneepads", as I've heard it said. The boy "child" was 16 at the time...doesn't matter how much time has passed since.

You're mixing apples and oranges.
No I'm not, you are refusing to acknowledge that damage is damage. If one of my kids were to be abused, I'd rather it on the internet than in physical contact. Then again, shouldn't happen at all.

Put it this way, on internet I slap you. Would it be less so in person? Moreso? Equal?

'K:

Andrew Buhr, Missouri

Acquitted.

Jeffrey Kyle Randall, Minnesota

Dude was the Mayor of Clarkville. You're digging really deep for this shit.

Jim West, Washington

Another mayor. Sure you don't want to check out all the guys who run Great American Cookie Companies?

Keith Westmoreland, Florida

Exposing himself at a pool and hot tub to whoever is specifically targetting children?

If I cared enough I might look for more.

You need to. A first grader could do better.

Most catholic priests are good men. Among their ranks however are a large number of gay pedophiles.

CL

Really? Just what would this alleged "large" number be?

No I'm not, you are refusing to acknowledge that damage is damage. If one of my kids were to be abused, I'd rather it on the internet than in physical contact. Then again, shouldn't happen at all.

Put it this way, on internet I slap you. Would it be less so in person? Moreso? Equal?

The only damage to Monica was in having her privacy violated by someone she thought was her friend and the subsequent hounding by Ken Starr and the press.

The only damage to Monica was in having her privacy violated by someone she thought was her friend and the subsequent hounding by Ken Starr and the press.

Jillian, you are stuck in denial.

I thought their one, true god was "Clinton."? MORE tragic.

LOL - a fine distinction, but one that you're quite right in drawing. I'll amend:

That which is expedient unto CLINTON shall be deemed godly..., along with,

Abandon truth, all ye who enter here.

I'm not quite sure if there is anything in this story that is worth getting into a political argument over yet.

1. Foley is a sick fuck. He was right to resign. He should go to jail. I'm pretty sure was all agree on that.

2. He is quite obviously attempting to play games by announcing that he was a victim of abuse at the hands of a Catholic priest and that he's gay. This is very similar to what Jim McGreevey tried to do in order to difuse the fact that he had lied to all of his constituents and used his political power for corrupt and immoral reasons. It worked for McGreevey - it won't work for Foley. #1 because Foley was interacting with a minor, not a consenting adult and #2 (and I know many here will disagree - but its true) because he is a Republican and the media wants Democrats to take the seats that are up for grabs this election - either because the media is liberal or because they are in it for the money and the Dems taking over is a better story...take your pick.

3. There does not appear to be a "scandal" here. The FBI and numerous members on BOTH sides of the aisle knew about Foley's initial emails (not IMs) that were overly friendly but in no way illegal. This means that no one Republican or Democrat did anything wrong by not bringing something to the public sooner. Politicians are people - they do stupid things everyday. This means that their leadership doesn't make them resign for stupid things that aren't against the law - like writing overly friendly (but not sexual) emails to interns. From what we know now, the moment people found out about Foley's IM's the crys for his resignation came out loud and clear...no one is defending him. From the information that exists now, it is the people who are crying for Republican resignations other than Foley's that are attempting to use a disgusting incident for political gain...and they should be criticized for it.

4. This will hurt the Republicans. People who were wobbling between letting them continue or shaking things up will say "You know what...it looks like we need fresh blood in there...not these corrupt sickos...time for a change." Those that change their vote, in my opinion, will not do so because of a Republican or Democratic issue, but rather because of being tired of politics in general and will feel that this is just another example of a politician thinking he was above the law...

I guess I'm not seeing what there is to argue about just yet. :)

I'm not quite sure if there is anything in this story that is worth getting into a political argument over yet.

1. Foley is a sick fuck. He was right to resign. He should go to jail. I'm pretty sure was all agree on that.

2. He is quite obviously attempting to play games by announcing that he was a victim of abuse at the hands of a Catholic priest and that he's gay. This is very similar to what Jim McGreevey tried to do in order to difuse the fact that he had lied to all of his constituents and used his political power for corrupt and immoral reasons. It worked for McGreevey - it won't work for Foley. #1 because Foley was interacting with a minor, not a consenting adult and #2 (and I know many here will disagree - but its true) because he is a Republican and the media wants Democrats to take the seats that are up for grabs this election - either because the media is liberal or because they are in it for the money and the Dems taking over is a better story...take your pick.

3. There does not appear to be a "scandal" here. The FBI and numerous members on BOTH sides of the aisle knew about Foley's initial emails (not IMs) that were overly friendly but in no way illegal. This means that no one Republican or Democrat did anything wrong by not bringing something to the public sooner. Politicians are people - they do stupid things everyday. This means that their leadership doesn't make them resign for stupid things that aren't against the law - like writing overly friendly (but not sexual) emails to interns. From what we know now, the moment people found out about Foley's IM's the crys for his resignation came out loud and clear...no one is defending him. From the information that exists now, it is the people who are crying for Republican resignations other than Foley's that are attempting to use a disgusting incident for political gain...and they should be criticized for it.

4. This will hurt the Republicans. People who were wobbling between letting them continue or shaking things up will say "You know what...it looks like we need fresh blood in there...not these corrupt sickos...time for a change." Those that change their vote, in my opinion, will not do so because of a Republican or Democratic issue, but rather because of being tired of politics in general and will feel that this is just another example of a politician thinking he was above the law...

I guess I'm not seeing what there is to argue about just yet. :)

I totally agree with your last assessment. It's the liberal MO ... keep harping until the other side just gets sick of it and quits.

Problem is, there won't be any "shake up" even if the voters on the cusp vote Dem for something different. They won't get anything different. Just more of the same with a different balance of power. How quickly we forget the same do-nothing, ineffective crap that was second to partisan infighting was going on when the Dems controlled Congress.

Think they've learned their lesson? Not by a damned sight. They'll be calling it a "mandate of the people," meaning, we have finally come to our senses.

All in all I expect our government to be as wishy-washy and ineffective no matter WHO is in control.

Forum List

Back