representative in florida resigning; Merged

Roman Catholics Turned Foley Gay
Mark Foley's lawyer suggested yesterday that a Roman Catholic priest who molested him as a child may be responsible for his homosexual proclivities.

I guess if anything good can possibly come from sexual abuse, that's it.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised, though. I had always understood that people were born gay. It's impossible to turn someone who isn't a homosexual into one, so any claims that gay rights groups or progressive schoolteachers are attempting indoctrinate children into a gay lifestyle should be looked upon as the insane ravings of homophobic parents. Now I am learning that Roman Catholic priests are going around, magically transforming heterosexual young boys into flaming homos.

All I can say is, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, PRIESTIES!

With so many members of the Gay Community killed off by AIDS and Republicans every year, perhaps this is God's way of replenishing the species so we can continue to enjoy a wide variety of fabulously decorated park restrooms.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

Roman Catholics Turned Foley Gay
Mark Foley's lawyer suggested yesterday that a Roman Catholic priest who molested him as a child may be responsible for his homosexual proclivities.

I guess if anything good can possibly come from sexual abuse, that's it.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised, though. I had always understood that people were born gay. It's impossible to turn someone who isn't a homosexual into one, so any claims that gay rights groups or progressive schoolteachers are attempting indoctrinate children into a gay lifestyle should be looked upon as the insane ravings of homophobic parents. Now I am learning that Roman Catholic priests are going around, magically transforming heterosexual young boys into flaming homos.

All I can say is, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, PRIESTIES!

With so many members of the Gay Community killed off by AIDS and Republicans every year, perhaps this is God's way of replenishing the species so we can continue to enjoy a wide variety of fabulously decorated park restrooms.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the posts from blamebush all that enlightening?

I find them very enlightening. They also contain a fair amount of truth about how liberals think and feel about the issues.

If their is a problem with me sharing them, let me know, I do not want to violate any rules or cause any problems.

I find them very enlightening. They also contain a fair amount of truth about how liberals think and feel about the issues.

If their is a problem with me sharing them, let me know, I do not want to violate any rules or cause any problems.

Nope, none. I just don't find them enlightening, I'm more for rebuttals of stupid.

One doesn't hire the ACLU, they "take your case" if it contains a speech or civil liberties issue they find compelling.

This isn't a speech issue... ...
The ACLU has already gained a large measure of censure
and notoriety for arguing on behalf of the defendant in sex
cases involving minors.

sexual harassment even between adults in the work place is a no - no. Between adults it doesn't rise to a criminal level, but with a child??? lol...
If there is a law on the books by which he may be charged
I am all for it. If there is not I would be in favor of a new law
prohibiting at least some suggestive conversation between
an adult and a minor.

In another thread, I was trying to point out to Kagom - via the story of the Swedish minister who was sentenced to jail for preaching the Gospel in his own church - the creeping, insidious nature of infringement on free speech. THIS is a perfect illustration of what I was talking about:

Kathianne said:
From the linked article:In my view, identity politics -- especially the "self hatred" meme in conjunction with "outing" -- makes non-conforming gay citizens afraid to voice what they think.

That's a first step towards not being allowed to think what they think.

In another thread, I was trying to point out to Kagom - via the story of the Swedish minister who was sentenced to jail for preaching the Gospel in his own church - the creeping, insidious nature of infringement on free speech. THIS is a perfect illustration of what I was talking about:

Truth is MM, I don't think most Americans know that what we have in USA is unique. There are few European countries where the rights to free speech, freedom of religion, etc., are GUARANTEED. They might support for a long period of time, some or all, but 'on the books' they are not 'rights.'

Here's one summary. I'll let you rebuke the referenced studies before I waste time posting links to others.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2000/oct/00100603.html

I said credible links only.... Sorry...I'm into science.... not religious-based distortion of science. Religion is religion; science is science and the two do not meet.

Thanks anyway...feel free to try again. I do appreciate the effort (that's not sarcastic, btw... just there is nothing credible about those sites, IMO).

Frankly, I'm a little surprised, though. I had always understood that people were born gay. It's impossible to turn someone who isn't a homosexual into one, so any claims that gay rights groups or progressive schoolteachers are attempting indoctrinate children into a gay lifestyle should be looked upon as the insane ravings of homophobic parents. ......

That is the story that we've been told, but the damn truth keeps getting in the way.

I said credible links only.... Sorry...I'm into science.... not religious-based distortion of science. Religion is religion; science is science and the two do not meet.

Thanks anyway...feel free to try again. I do appreciate the effort (that's not sarcastic, btw... just there is nothing credible about those sites, IMO).

So you are going to stand by your assertion that in less than four minutes, you located and read the four studies referenced in the summary that I linked to (there are no clickable links to the studies in the summary, in fact, the link to the original article is broken), and came up with your brilliant conclusion? That’s speed searching and reading if there ever was!

But for the rest of us who both seek and respect the truth, here are the names of the studies which you claimed to have feverishly devoured:

Judith Reisman:
"Crafting 'Gay' Children: An Inquiry into the Abuse of Vulnerable Youth Via Establishment Media and the School Room";
"Partner Solicitation Language as a Reflection of Male Sexual Orientation";
"Kinsey: Crimes & Consequences."

Journal of the American Medical Association published the following facts:
50 percent of male AIDS victims reported having sex with an adult male by the age of 16.
20 percent of male AIDS victims had sex with an adult male by age 10.

I can't believe
1) People are comparing Lewinsky to a 16 year old. How old was Lewinsky? 22? 23?? An age society has deemed old enough to vote, drive, join the military, consume alcohol and bonk. Most male and females of that age have started bonking their brains out a good few years before that - some with those the same age, some a little older, adn some a lot older.

2) People are trying to score points by pointing out hetro and homo paedophilia are somehow different - that homo is worse than hetro. How sick is that!

They aren't. They're comparing abuse of power and position to abuse fo power and position. Don't worry, we haven't expected you libs to get it since 98.

As usual, Ann nails it square, then continues to bash it until the lumber splinters. You go girl!!

Who Knew Congressman Foley Was a Closeted Democrat?
by Ann Coulter
Posted Oct 04, 2006

[NAIL #1]……..

The object lesson of Foley's inappropriate e-mails to male pages is that when a Republican congressman is caught in a sex scandal, he immediately resigns and crawls off into a hole in abject embarrassment. Democrats get snippy.

…….

In 1983, Democratic congressman Gerry Studds was found to have sexually propositioned House pages and actually buggered a 17-year-old male page whom he took on a trip to Portugal. The 46-year-old Studds indignantly attacked those who criticized him for what he called a "mutually voluntary, private relationship between adults."

When the House censured Studds for his sex romp with a male page, Studds -- not one to be shy about presenting his backside to a large group of men -- defiantly turned his back on the House during the vote. He ran for re-election and was happily returned to office six more times by liberal Democratic voters in his Martha's Vineyard district. (They really liked his campaign slogan: "It's the outfit, stupid.")

No one demanded to know why the Democratic speaker of the House, Thomas "Tip" O'Neill, took one full decade to figure out that Studds was propositioning male pages.

[NAIL #2]

But now, the same Democrats who are incensed that Bush's National Security Agency was listening in on al-Qaida phone calls are incensed that Republicans were not reading a gay congressman's instant messages.

…….

When Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee found unprotected e-mails from the Democrats about their plan to oppose Miguel Estrada's judicial nomination because he was Hispanic, Democrats erupted in rage that their e-mails were being read. The Republican staffer responsible was forced to resign.

But Democrats are on their high horses because Republicans in the House did not immediately wiretap Foley's phones when they found out he was engaging in e-mail chitchat with a former page about what the kid wanted for his birthday.

The Democrats say the Republicans should have done all the things Democrats won't let us do to al Qaeda -- solely because Foley was rumored to be gay. Maybe we could get Democrats to support the NSA wiretapping program if we tell them the terrorists are gay.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17381

So you are going to stand by your assertion that in less than four minutes, you located and read the four studies referenced in the summary that I linked to (there are no clickable links to the studies in the summary, in fact, the link to the original article is broken), and came up with your brilliant conclusion? That’s speed searching and reading if there ever was!

But for the rest of us who both seek and respect the truth, here are the names of the studies which you claimed to have feverishly devoured:

Judith Reisman:
"Crafting 'Gay' Children: An Inquiry into the Abuse of Vulnerable Youth Via Establishment Media and the School Room";
"Partner Solicitation Language as a Reflection of Male Sexual Orientation";
"Kinsey: Crimes & Consequences."

Journal of the American Medical Association published the following facts:
50 percent of male AIDS victims reported having sex with an adult male by the age of 16.
20 percent of male AIDS victims had sex with an adult male by age 10.

I easily refuted at least two of those studies a couple of months ago on threads that are buried. Feel free to find them if you wish. I won't be going over old ground. As Jillian said, find reputable sources (you'll be looking long and hard because there aren't any - no reputable study has been done).Go figure...

no pedophilia appears to have occured so its completely irrellevent to the discussion. Lets focus on whats important people.

As usual, Ann nails it square, then continues to bash it until the lumber splinters. You go girl!!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17381

No, not really.

The object lesson of Foley's inappropriate e-mails to male pages is that when a Republican congressman is caught in a sex scandal, he immediately resigns and crawls off into a hole in abject embarrassment.

Except we know that leading Republicans knew about this shit long before it was made public, thats what the really damning scandal is here. This is from their own public statements and finger pointing that went on when the story broke. Now we're seeing some laughable talk from them about a "vast left-wing conspiracy" but that'll only work on the most diehard of supporters.

Just how far back this knowledge goes for each person isn't clear yet, but its obvious that one or more people on a very short list are going to hang for it.

Also Dems acting like hypcrites is irrelevant right now. You can't spin this.

Forum List

Back