Report: US Killing More Civilians In Syria Air War Than Assad Is...

Sadly, this 'Permanent War' Foreign Policy continues on.

Exemplified by the hundred and some odd people they’ve killed in the last 48 hours,the US is struggling mightily with the narrative that they are taking extraordinary care to limit the number of civilian casualties in the air war in Syria, and are rapidly losing any pretense of a moral high ground.

Indeed, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is noting that the soaring death toll from US airstrikes has now surpassed the civilian toll of the Assad government’s own airstrikes, which the US and other Western nations have condemned as indiscriminate and irresponsible.

Oftentimes, US officials have been so outraged at Syria’s “indiscriminate” air strikes that they’ve demanded regime change, and has railed at Russia and Iran for tolerating their tactics in bombing civilian targets. Obviously, the US never sees the same problem with its own massive killings...

US Is Killing More Civilians in Syria Air War Than Assad Is

How bad the terrorists are for killing OUR people, how good the US is for killing THEIR people.... logical huh?

It makes perfect sense to those who've bought into the Permanent War agenda. The US killing & maiming women & kids is somehow 'justifiable', and even 'righteous.' It is a very sad warped mentality.

"Justifiable"?

Look up that word and you will see that it doesn't relate well to the more correct description of the problem, "collateral damage".

When high value targets surround themselves with their families and other innocent civilians, they are using them as human shields in hopes that we will not bother with them because they can have a field day in the media if any innocents get hurt or killed. Their deaths are on the targets who use them.

Do mistakes happen? Sure! During a training exercise I was participating in, I once "shot" a member of my own forces at point blank range because he walked around a corner unexpectedly right in front of me when we were in close contact with our opposition. Was I at fault? No. He failed to properly indicate his presence and fortunately only got bruised because it was a training exercise. In a real battle, he would have died.

The fact remains that the "holier than thou" crowd that you are conspiring with simply do not understand the problems inherent to war because you have never been there.

That is also a major reason why our military is so expensive in that we try to design our weapons and tactics to prevent such occurrences.

Exemplified by the hundred and some odd people they’ve killed in the last 48 hours,the US is struggling mightily with the narrative that they are taking extraordinary care to limit the number of civilian casualties in the air war in Syria, and are rapidly losing any pretense of a moral high ground.

Indeed, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is noting that the soaring death toll from US airstrikes has now surpassed the civilian toll of the Assad government’s own airstrikes, which the US and other Western nations have condemned as indiscriminate and irresponsible.

Oftentimes, US officials have been so outraged at Syria’s “indiscriminate” air strikes that they’ve demanded regime change, and has railed at Russia and Iran for tolerating their tactics in bombing civilian targets. Obviously, the US never sees the same problem with its own massive killings...

How bad the terrorists are for killing OUR people, how good the US is for killing THEIR people.... logical huh?

It makes perfect sense to those who've bought into the Permanent War agenda. The US killing & maiming women & kids is somehow 'justifiable', and even 'righteous.' It is a very sad warped mentality.

"Justifiable"?

Look up that word and you will see that it doesn't relate well to the more correct description of the problem, "collateral damage".

When high value targets surround themselves with their families and other innocent civilians, they are using them as human shields in hopes that we will not bother with them because they can have a field day in the media if any innocents get hurt or killed. Their deaths are on the targets who use them.

Do mistakes happen? Sure! During a training exercise I was participating in, I once "shot" a member of my own forces at point blank range because he walked around a corner unexpectedly right in front of me when we were in close contact with our opposition. Was I at fault? No. He failed to properly indicate his presence and fortunately only got bruised because it was a training exercise. In a real battle, he would have died.

The fact remains that the "holier than thou" crowd that you are conspiring with simply do not understand the problems inherent to war because you have never been there.

That is also a major reason why our military is so expensive in that we try to design our weapons and tactics to prevent such occurrences.

So, people try and defend themselves from the US, and then the US blames the people for trying to defend themselves, and takes no blame for attacking in the first place? Wow.

American smart missiles and bombs havent even produce a fraction of collateral damage that Assad has done to his people..The US government gets demonized all over media for using waterboarding and similar methods to extract info from terrorist..that is a cake walk next to what isis or Assad would do to extract info from You before burning you alive ..get the facts straight and dont talk ignorant trash about Americans militarily because they fight so you dont have to

The "permanent war" mentality is the Islamic way of life. They openly brag about how much they embrace death and war. The Middle East is a war torn shithole and will be for decades because of Islam, not because of anything else.

Americans love their war as well. Most would be completely lost without it. The US is an incredibly violent militaristic nation.

The "permanent war" mentality is the Islamic way of life. They openly brag about how much they embrace death and war. The Middle East is a war torn shithole and will be for decades because of Islam, not because of anything else.

Isn't it a US way of life?

WW2 1941-1945
Cold War 1945-1991
Korean War 1950-53
Lebanon 1958
Bay of Pigs 1961
Vietnam 1965-73
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983
Libya 1986
Panama 1989-90
Gulf War 1990-91
Somalia 1992-95
Haiti 1994-95
Bosnia 1994-95
Kosovo 1998-99
Afgahistan 2001 to present
Iraq 2003-2011
Libya 2011
ISIS 2014 to present

I didn't include all on this list.

Basically the US has been at war continually since 7th December 1941. There was a time like 1995-98 and 99-01 when there was less war, but still war, like Iraq and other places, but this was the quietest time, and that was because a Democrat was in the White House, but still... only quiet in American terms.

Great info, accept the part about the Democrats. It makes no difference, Democrat or Republican. The Permanent War agenda rolls on regardless. In fact, the Democrats have started most of America's wars. Both Neocons and Progressives agree on endless intervention/war.

So, Permanent War? Sorry, but i'm not all-in on that. It's time to scale things back and come home. We don't belong in those lands.

You have no idea what Permanent War entails. Do you realize how few troops we actually have deployed around the world in terms of numbers? The military is tiny compared to what it once was.

Check into how much the US spends on its Military, compared to the rest of the world. It's pretty shocking. The US is an extremely violent militaristic nation. By far the most violent in the world. I don't think our Founding Fathers envisioned that happening.

My father served in the military, I served in the military, two of my children, and two of their spouses served in the military.

Every time the proverbial shit hits the fan, the US military is called upon to fix it. It is expensive.

My father served in WWII, I served during the Gulf War, my son and son-in-law served in Afghanistan and my daughter will soon deploy to someplace that will be unpleasant and far from home.

We are not violent except when we need to be.

Unfortunately, the US creates much of the problems in the world. And then it claims to have to fix those problems it created. The Middle East is a prime example of that. We've gone in there and destabilized the region and created bloody chaos. And now we're claiming we're gonna have to stay there forever 'fixing' the problems. It's just a sad vicious circle of endless war.

We create the problems, than we claim we have to kill more people in order to fix the problems. We just repeat the process over & over again. I used to think it was unintentional. But now i realize it's very intentional. The MIC needs Perpetual War. So it constantly creates chaos, and then it claims it must try and fix that chaos. The American People just need to demand a break in the vicious circle of war the MIC has created. Nothing will change until that happens.

Every once in a while you come up with a very astute and informed observation. This is not one of them.

You like to parrot the liberal lines using buzzwords like "Perpetual War", "MIC", and "destabilized". It is too bad no one ever taught you the meanings of those words so you could see how wrong you are.

Just an endless cycle of war. The MIC needs wars. The process is repeated over & over again. Destabilize - Kill more people, Destabilize - Kill more people. And so on and so on...

"Justifiable"?

Yup, the ole 'Human Shield' meme. Another way of duping Americans into supporting their Government killing & maiming women and kids. Somehow that makes it 'ok' to kill em. Just another MIC dirty trick.

"Justifiable"?

So, people try and defend themselves from the US, and then the US blames the people for trying to defend themselves, and takes no blame for attacking in the first place? Wow.

Spot On. Sadly, that is most Americans' warped mentality. We don't belong in any of these countries. We shouldn't be killing any civilians in places like Syria. We shouldn't have meddled there. Period, end of story.

WW2 1941-1945
Cold War 1945-1991
Korean War 1950-53
Lebanon 1958
Bay of Pigs 1961
Vietnam 1965-73
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983
Libya 1986
Panama 1989-90
Gulf War 1990-91
Somalia 1992-95
Haiti 1994-95
Bosnia 1994-95
Kosovo 1998-99
Iraq 2003-2011
Libya 2011
ISIS 2014 to present

Basically the US has been at war continually since 7th December 1941. There was a time like 1995-98 and 99-01 when there was less war, but still war, like Iraq and other places, but this was the quietest time, and that was because a Democrat was in the White House, but still... only quiet in American terms.

Great info, accept the part about the Democrats. It makes no difference, Democrat or Republican. The Permanent War agenda rolls on regardless. In fact, the Democrats have started most of America's wars. Both Neocons and Progressives agree on endless intervention/war.

Well, Democrats are less likely to be as violent as Republicans. That doesn't mean they aren't going to be violent.

Reagan and Bush Dubya were the two big war makers, but yes, it doesn't make that much difference between the two parties, hence why a change in the way people vote is badly needed.

You have no idea what Permanent War entails. Do you realize how few troops we actually have deployed around the world in terms of numbers? The military is tiny compared to what it once was.

Check into how much the US spends on its Military, compared to the rest of the world. It's pretty shocking. The US is an extremely violent militaristic nation. By far the most violent in the world. I don't think our Founding Fathers envisioned that happening.

My father served in the military, I served in the military, two of my children, and two of their spouses served in the military.

Every time the proverbial shit hits the fan, the US military is called upon to fix it. It is expensive.

My father served in WWII, I served during the Gulf War, my son and son-in-law served in Afghanistan and my daughter will soon deploy to someplace that will be unpleasant and far from home.

Unfortunately, the US creates much of the problems in the world. And then it claims to have to fix those problems it created. The Middle East is a prime example of that. We've gone in there and destabilized the region and created bloody chaos. And now we're claiming we're gonna have to stay there forever 'fixing' the problems. It's just a sad vicious circle of endless war.

We create the problems, than we claim we have to kill more people in order to fix the problems. We just repeat the process over & over again. I used to think it was unintentional. But now i realize it's very intentional. The MIC needs Perpetual War. So it constantly creates chaos, and then it claims it must try and fix that chaos. The American People just need to demand a break in the vicious circle of war the MIC has created. Nothing will change until that happens.

Every once in a while you come up with a very astute and informed observation. This is not one of them.

You like to parrot the liberal lines using buzzwords like "Perpetual War", "MIC", and "destabilized". It is too bad no one ever taught you the meanings of those words so you could see how wrong you are.

Just an endless cycle of war. The MIC needs wars. The process is repeated over & over again. Destabilize - Kill more people, Destabilize - Kill more people. And so on and so on...

It is funny how you can be so clueless. I joined the Navy in 1978. Vietnam ended 3 years before. My first exposure to combat was in 1992. That lasted a few months and then we had another 9 year gap. I think you need to look up the word "endless" because you are using it wrong.

"Justifiable"?

Yup, the ole 'Human Shield' meme. Another way of duping Americans into supporting their Government killing & maiming women and kids. Somehow that makes it 'ok' to kill em. Just another MIC dirty trick.

Pardon me, your ignorance is showing again. Better yet, make that glaring!

It is not a dirty trick when Saddam claimed to have put innocent civilians near military targets to prevent our targeting them. Hamas uses mosques in Gaza to hide rockets used to attack Israel. Why does ISIS hide out in the middle of major urban areas? There are not "MIC dirty tricks". They are real and perhaps if you actually tried to learn about the real world out there, you would not appear so sheltered and ignorant.

US politicians want world leaders who run their countries the way we do, which is unrealistic. We install them when we deem it necessary then end up sending in our military to take them back out when it doesn't work.

Then there are tje threats like Islamic Extremists who want to kill Americans for no other reason than we don't embrace Islam and because we BREATHE.

The "regime change" thing has never worked. Not once, to my knowledge.

The "regime change" thing has never worked. Not once, to my knowledge.
'Interesting' how the US Government declares it stands for Democracy and nations being free to choose their own paths...but when we disapprove of those choices we step in and affect a regime change to impose our desired ruler / form of govt upon them.

WW2 1941-1945
Cold War 1945-1991
Korean War 1950-53
Lebanon 1958
Bay of Pigs 1961
Vietnam 1965-73
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983
Libya 1986
Panama 1989-90
Gulf War 1990-91
Somalia 1992-95
Haiti 1994-95
Bosnia 1994-95
Kosovo 1998-99
Iraq 2003-2011
Libya 2011
ISIS 2014 to present

Well, Democrats are less likely to be as violent as Republicans. That doesn't mean they aren't going to be violent.

Reagan and Bush Dubya were the two big war makers, but yes, it doesn't make that much difference between the two parties, hence why a change in the way people vote is badly needed.

As you pointed out, we've been at war for a very long time. It's all Americans really know. Until we get more voting options, nothing's gonna change. The Two-Party System = Perpetual War.

It is funny how you can be so clueless. I joined the Navy in 1978. Vietnam ended 3 years before. My first exposure to combat was in 1992. That lasted a few months and then we had another 9 year gap. I think you need to look up the word "endless" because you are using it wrong.

I think you need to do that yourself. There were interventions/wars during that '9 year gap'

"Justifiable"?

It is not a dirty trick when Saddam claimed to have put innocent civilians near military targets to prevent our targeting them. Hamas uses mosques in Gaza to hide rockets used to attack Israel. Why does ISIS hide out in the middle of major urban areas? There are not "MIC dirty tricks". They are real and perhaps if you actually tried to learn about the real world out there, you would not appear so sheltered and ignorant.

Just another MIC dupe-job. The ole 'Human Shield' meme gets used whenever they know they're doing wrong and killing many women & kids. It's a convenient justification lie. And of course most Americans buy into that lie every time. They wanna believe so badly. You really should read the OP. It's actually pretty good.

I think you need to do that yourself. There were interventions/wars during that '9 year gap'

Really? Name one that lasted more than a few days.

"Justifiable"?

Just another MIC dupe-job. The ole 'Human Shield' meme gets used whenever they know they're doing wrong and killing many women & kids. It's a convenient justification lie. And of course most Americans buy into that lie every time. They wanna believe so badly. You really should read the OP. It's actually pretty good.

You are so full of shit. You cannot answer anything I post except with your own fantasies. Pathetic!

Really? Name one that lasted more than a few days.

Sorry, but i like to encourage folks to do their own research. I'm sure if you do some research, you'll realize that you're incorrect on your assertion. But i like to allow folks to find things out by way of their own research. I can assure you there were Interventions/Bombings in that '9 year gap,' Look it up and get back to me.

Forum List

Back