US military has carried out several air strikes in Syria

~~~~~~
Indeed, There have been 8 attacked on our bases in Syria and Iraq, all perpetrated by proxies of Iran.
Joe has said "Don't". Dropping some bombs on Iran would reinforce the message. Just as Reagan did in 1986.
If you remember how Iran reacted in 1988, all bluster no bite and they shut up for a short time.
Attacking Iran could escalate the situation. Not a good idea.

Iran is FORCING us into it. Bid n doesn't respond and the isolationists think we should just take a massacre like Israel

The groups don´t ask for permission for everything they do. It is good to give them a foretaste of what is to come in case they open a real frontier. I think that is in best interest for all, deescalate so Israel can deal with Hamas.

Just technically speaking, please don't do military planning.

STEALTH (RADAR Cross Section) - smaller is better:
  • F-117 = 0.003 sq/m
  • F-35 = 0.0015 sq/m
  • F-22 = 0.0001sq/m
Meaning either an F-35 or F-22 would be more stealthy than the F-117.

Secondly, neither the F-117 or F-22 are launchable from an aircraft carrier because their nose gear isn't designed for catapult launches and the decks are not long enough for a non-assisted launch. So you would have to go with the F-35C (Naval variant), and there are only a few squadrons that have transitioned or the F-35B (Marine variant) which has a few more squadrons but has vertical take off capabilities.

WW
~~~~~~
The idea of using F-117s rather than our latest designed planes would be to send a message. It's not for all out conflict.
I thought about using a couple of B-2's but that might too strong a message.

I am all for staying out of nation building and policing the world, when it is not in our national interest to do so. For example, there is absolutely no reason we should be involved in the Ukraine conflict except for traditional diplomatic posturing. We should not be sending them the amount of weapons that we are.

I think the Middle East, though, is different. Even Trump recognized this, as it was the Trump Admin that used military force to destroy the ISIS caliphate and substantially diminish their strength. Due to the oil in the region, the fact that Israel is a strategic ally in the region, and existence of WMD in the hands of hostile actors (nukes - Iran), I think our continued involvement in the ME is warranted.

Syria has no oil.

Attacking Iran could escalate the situation. Not a good idea.
~~~~~~
So you'd rather these twits continue to attack us through their proxy terrorists?
I believe in cutting off the head of the snake rather than spending time killing it's off spring.

It is bad enough that we yet in another stupid war that has nothing to do with our security.

What is really bad is we have a complete moron as Commander in Chief and two low IQ affirmative action Negroes as Secretary of Defense and Joint Chief of Staff. What could possibly go wrong?

It is bad enough that we yet in another stupid war that has nothing to do with our security.

What is really bad is we have a complete moron as Commander in Chief and two low IQ affirmative action Negroes as Secretary of Defense and Joint Chief of Staff. What could possibly go wrong?

Not too happy with 19 service people with traumatic brain injuries. I mean the dozen or so concussions I had left no linger effects that I recall, but I'd still be OK if we used larger explosive devices in the future.

~~~~~~
So you'd rather these twits continue to attack us through their proxy terrorists?
I believe in cutting off the head of the snake rather than spending time killing it's off spring.
Its the group´s responsibility. If the US drags Iran into the war, that could be bad for Israel.

When our servicemen and women are attacked militarily we damn well better retaliate. I don't care who does it or where, blow the assholes to hell.

Forum List

Back