Israeli Air Strike In Syria Kills Commander Of Iran's Revolutionary Guard

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Well bye. Don't forget to wish your former associate Qasem Soleimani a "Merry Christmas" when you get to Hell.

"An Israeli air strike in Syria killed a top commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), prompting Tehran to threaten that Israeli will “certainly pay” for its actions.

Iranian state media on December 25 identified the commander as Razi Mousavi, a senior adviser of the IRGC Quds Force, saying he had been killed in an air strike near the Syrian capital, Damascus.

Full details of the attack were not disclosed, although Iran’s official IRNA news agency reported it took place in the Zeinabiyah district in the Damascus suburbs.

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said in a statement that Israel "will certainly pay for this crime."

Reuters quoted three sources as saying that Mousavi was responsible for military coordination between Tehran and Damascus as part of the IRGC's Quds Force.

The Tasnim news agency, which is close to the IRGC, said Mousavi was one of the oldest advisers of the force in Syria and "an associate" of Qasem Soleimani, a former Quds commander who was killed in January 2020 in an air strike by U.S. forces near Baghdad. The United States held Soleimani responsible for the deaths of many of its soldiers in Iraq.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Israel targeted Mousavi at a farm in the area that reportedly housed several offices for the Lebanon-based Hizballah extremist group. Israeli forces have been exchanging intensified gunfire with Hizballah fighters along the Lebanese border in recent months.

Israel did not immediately comment on the attack, but it has consistently vowed that Iran will not be allowed to establish a presence in Syria. President Bashar al-Assad of Syria is a close ally of Iran and Russia, relying on their support to remain in power despite major opposition and a civil war in the country.

In early December, Israel said its air strikes had killed two IRGC members in Syria who had served as military advisers there, also prompting vows of revenge by Tehran.

A U.S. State Department report this month said Iran remained the leading state sponsor of global terrorism last year, involved in backing terrorist recruitment, financing, and plotting across Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas.

The report said Tehran also provided support to extremist groups in Bahrain, Iraq, and Syria through its Quds Force with the aim of creating instability in the region."

Well bye. Don't forget to wish your former associate Qasem Soleimani a "Merry Christmas" when you get to Hell.

"An Israeli air strike in Syria killed a top commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), prompting Tehran to threaten that Israeli will “certainly pay” for its actions.

Iranian state media on December 25 identified the commander as Razi Mousavi, a senior adviser of the IRGC Quds Force, saying he had been killed in an air strike near the Syrian capital, Damascus.

Full details of the attack were not disclosed, although Iran’s official IRNA news agency reported it took place in the Zeinabiyah district in the Damascus suburbs.

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi said in a statement that Israel "will certainly pay for this crime."

Reuters quoted three sources as saying that Mousavi was responsible for military coordination between Tehran and Damascus as part of the IRGC's Quds Force.

The Tasnim news agency, which is close to the IRGC, said Mousavi was one of the oldest advisers of the force in Syria and "an associate" of Qasem Soleimani, a former Quds commander who was killed in January 2020 in an air strike by U.S. forces near Baghdad. The United States held Soleimani responsible for the deaths of many of its soldiers in Iraq.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Israel targeted Mousavi at a farm in the area that reportedly housed several offices for the Lebanon-based Hizballah extremist group. Israeli forces have been exchanging intensified gunfire with Hizballah fighters along the Lebanese border in recent months.

Israel did not immediately comment on the attack, but it has consistently vowed that Iran will not be allowed to establish a presence in Syria. President Bashar al-Assad of Syria is a close ally of Iran and Russia, relying on their support to remain in power despite major opposition and a civil war in the country.

In early December, Israel said its air strikes had killed two IRGC members in Syria who had served as military advisers there, also prompting vows of revenge by Tehran.

A U.S. State Department report this month said Iran remained the leading state sponsor of global terrorism last year, involved in backing terrorist recruitment, financing, and plotting across Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas.

The report said Tehran also provided support to extremist groups in Bahrain, Iraq, and Syria through its Quds Force with the aim of creating instability in the region."

I thought that Iran was funding or sponsoring the Hamas war on Israel. I didn't know they had warriors in harm's way, much less a commander on the ground. War is hell.

Iran has personnel in Syria, Lebanon, and other places, where they're training terrorists.
I must be living in the past. I really liked the Shah of Iran who went out of his way to solidify friendship with America. We went to bat for Iran when Saddam Hussein warred against them that killed 500,000 men that includes civilians if I'm not mistaken.
Where is Admiral Tory when you need his knowledge of military confrontations?

I must be living in the past. I really liked the Shah of Iran who went out of his way to solidify friendship with America. We went to bat for Iran when Saddam Hussein warred against them that killed 500,000 men that includes civilians if I'm not mistaken.
Where is Admiral Tory when you need his knowledge of military confrontations?
We did not warm up to Iran ( Other than Democrats attempting to bribe them ) since the Seizure of our Embassy and the Hostage Crisis , Colonel Higgins being hanged And the Beirut Marine barracks debacle .

Israel sure knows how to make enemies.
Annoying people is not a reason for Hamas' bloodthirsty ways of surprise attacking Israel with missiles indiscriminately destroying elementary schools, womens hospitals, city shops and restaurants, civilian neighborhoods, and small American encampments that were merely trying to keep the peace between the former suicide bombers and their target, Israeli civilians. Israel's people have friended the American people since they funded General George Washington when his troops were low on food, and their shoes were worn out, and many of them had worn out their winter clothes as well.
*The Almanac of American History, Chapter 1, Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., J.S. Bowman, G.S. Wood, 1993, Barnes & Noble Copyrighted, Brompton Books, Greenwich CT 06830.

We did not warm up to Iran ( Other than Democrats attempting to bribe them ) since the Seizure of our Embassy and the Hostage Crisis , Colonel Higgins being hanged And the Beirut Marine barracks debacle .
I didn't realize their hatred for the Jewish people was so harsh back then, and didn't connect the Shah's demise with his country's adversaries, and as time went on, Iraq attempted to kill an American President out of his hatred, nor did I realize Iran was going to someday threaten to wipe Israel and America "off the face of the map." until years later. I was busy with classes in human health, not the history of Israel after the Jews were given back their promised land in the late 40's after WWII was over and Hitler was dead. Years later, I found out that Hitler was quite good friends with the Mayor of Jerusalem who sent thousands of Arab warriors to help control and kill Jews, and put Hitler as some kind of Emperor in Europe during WWII. Their payback was Hitler's promise to send German troops to the Arabian peninsula where the Hebrew people had lived for centuries when Moses brought them to the promised land where the country of Israel is presently located.

1703553523142.jpeg

Last edited:
Iranians will be pissed ( Again)
I can just hear the "world" saying that Israel should not "escalate tensions." The world has spent years trying to avoid "escalat(ing) things in the Middle East. It has never worked.

During the 1930s, Britain pandered to the Arabs, seeking their permission to allow Jewish immigration. Of course, that was never forthcoming. When the Jews in the "yishuv" decided to start fighting the British, they got their state. They would not have gotten it otherwise. In 1948 The US and other countries tried to defer Israel's getting independence under the November 29, 1947 U.N. resolution because of the fear of Middle Eastern reaction. Middle Eastern reaction was going to be hostile regardless of what was done.

Right now I am reading First Strike: The Exclusive Story of How Israel Foiled Irag's Attempt to Get the Bomb by Shlomo Nakdimon about Israel's attack on the Iraqi nuclear reactor. The book details how countries such as France and Italy caved to iraqi demands by exchanging nuclear technology in return for a promise of supply of oil. That od was going to be supplied regardless because Iraq has only one use of oil to sell it.

Appeasement never ends well.

Even forces within the Israeli government, surprisingly including Menachem Begin, argued against escalating Mideast tensions. That never works. When the attack happened, there was grumbling on the part of many world countries, and gratitude on the part of many others. Often, their gratitude was kept secret.
Israel has only been successful when going on the offensive. Negotiations only work when a country or group has lost, as had Egypt lost in the 1948, 1956, 1967 and 1973 wars. Anwar Sadat did not come to Jerusalem to see the mount of olives. He came because his country was defeated.

It sucks to be on the losing side.

Meanwhile according to an Israeli mouth piece this is the gold standard for urban combat, an hospital totally annihilated and Nazi style executions of civilians, many with bound hands, looks more like the gold standard of the SS commander of the Warsaw Ghetto, these scumbags will be indicted one day and with luck stand trial.

Meanwhile according to an Israeli mouth piece this is the gold standard for urban combat, an hospital totally annihilated and Nazi style executions of civilians, many with bound hands, looks more like the gold standard of the SS commander of the Warsaw Ghetto, these scumbags will be indicted one day and with luck stand trial.
Well the Zionist criminals bombed the Iranian Embassy in Damascus today killing people,so you may get your wish.
More spewing?

Forum List

Back