Replacement for Letterman- Stephen Colbert

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
CBS names Colbert as Letterman replacement

CBS moved quickly to replace David Letterman after the late-night host announced his retirement last week. Confirming speculation, Stephen Colbert, of Comedy Central's Colbert Report, will take over the Late Show sometime next year.

Colbert, whose current contract expires at year end, signed a five-year deal to host the show, which will begin when Letterman decides to step down when his contract expires in August 2015, though he could choose to leave earlier next year.

Last edited:

CBS moved quickly to replace David Letterman after the late-night host announced his retirement last week. Confirming speculation, Stephen Colbert, of Comedy Central's Colbert Report, will take over the Late Show sometime next year.

Colbert, whose current contract expires at year end, signed a five-year deal to host the show, which will begin when Letterman decides to step down when his contract expires in August 2015, though he could choose to leave earlier next year.

Thanks, good to know there will still be no reason to watch any late night shows.

Thanks, good to know there will still be no reason to watch any late night shows.

You know you get cranky if you stay up late anyway

A sure sign of a willfully ignorant ^^^ partisan. I wonder, do all or most self defined conservatives lack curiosity?

Good choice.

It should be interesting to see Colbert shed his current character and be himself. I'll tune in to check it, which is more than I've done with Letterman the last 15 or so years.

I like Jimmy Kimmel and DVR his show to watch, if and when I want to watch portions. I really like his set It is exciting and fun-looking. Great colors. I don't get why he needs that little side-kick, Guiermo ( sp ) though. :confused:

I also like Jimmy Fallon as a comic but not fond of his format, which included skits that are too long, for my tastes. I don't DVR him, any longer.

Colbert is going to have to drop his role as anchor and get into interviewer mode. Can he do that? Time will tell.

It should be interesting to see Colbert shed his current character and be himself. I'll tune in to check it, which is more than I've done with Letterman the last 15 or so years.

It would be a shame to lose the Stephen Colbert character

I wonder if the format will remain political or turn Hollywood focused

Should have went with Howard Stern. Colbert will phail. Looks like Kimmel and Fallon can breathe easy and fight out the ratings war between themselves.

You know you get cranky if you stay up late anyway

I was up till after 4 this morning watching Godfather II, for the umpteenth time.

A sure sign of a willfully ignorant ^^^ partisan. I wonder, do all or most self defined conservatives lack curiosity?

I watch a variety, Special Report, Greta, sometimes Hannity. I've already read most of the news stories from several internet sources during the day.

I like Jimmy Kimmel and DVR his show to watch, if and when I want to watch portions. I really like his set It is exciting and fun-looking. Great colors. I don't get why he needs that little side-kick, Guiermo ( sp ) though. :confused:

I also like Jimmy Fallon as a comic but not fond of his format, which included skits that are too long, for my tastes. I don't DVR him, any longer.

Colbert is going to have to drop his role as anchor and get into interviewer mode. Can he do that? Time will tell.

Jimmy Kimmel makes me chuckle quietly, Jimmy Fallon makes me laugh out loud, plus he's multi-talented. My wife tells me to watch Kimmel as she's "trying to get some sleep"! :lol: I liked Kimmel better on "The Man Show" and I'm not even a chauvinist pig! Trampoline jumping in bikinis anybody? :lol:

Well, at least CBS hired a conservative, glad to see that leftist commie Letterman go! :eusa_clap:
Not sure if he's really a conservative, as it's rumored that he supports the democrats. He is a practicing Catholic, teaches Sunday School, and has strong family values. Maybe he's a conservative democrat, much like Joe Manchin?

Well, at least CBS hired a conservative, glad to see that leftist commie Letterman go! :eusa_clap:
Not sure if he's really a conservative, as it's rumored that he supports the democrats. He is a practicing Catholic, teaches Sunday School, and has strong family values. Maybe he's a conservative democrat, much like Joe Manchin?

Colbert has done his job

How odd that CBS would go for someone who doesn't have an audience in his present job! CBS had to get rid of Letterman. Letterman knew it. He's just too old and other offerings are younger and more energetic. But Colbert!

Forum List

Back