Rep. West: MLK would be 'devastated' by Obama

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links in article at site.

SNIP:

byJoel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer
Follow on Twitter:Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., charged President Obama with "fomenting racism" in his reelection efforts, noting also that Obama is a "literal manifestation" of how Martin Luther King Jr. and the civil rights movement succeeded.

"With all of this progress, why is it that we continue to hear charges of racism emanating from the left, and most disturbingly, from the White House itself?" West said in a statement today. "It seems anytime there is criticism of the President or any of his black members of his administration, such as Attorney General Eric Holder, that criticism is decried as racist." West recalled, in particular, that Holder has claimed some of his critics following Operation Fast and Furious were motivated by racial animus.

West said that "this [2012] campaign must be about ideas, policy and the direction of this country, and the President must not hide behind a curtain of so-called racial bias."

He concluded by suggesting that Dr. King would be "devasted" by Obama's handling of racial issues as president:

My message to President Obama is this: 'Mr. President, your very in office demonstrates Dr. King's dream has indeed come true. But how devastated would Dr. King be to know the Americans who are still fomenting racism at the highest levels are the very people for whom he fought for and died?"

read it all..
Rep. West: MLK would be 'devastated' by Obama | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

And President Obama's message back to Rep. West should be laughter. I see West has assumed the mantle of Head Coon from Herman Cain. Look at the difference between West and Tim Scott, both black conservative republicans. One a Kingmaker, one a court jester. Yet the Tea Party crowd only starts threads about one. I wonder why?

And President Obama's message back to Rep. West should be laughter. I see West has assumed the mantle of Head Coon from Herman Cain. Look at the difference between West and Tim Scott, both black conservative republicans. One a Kingmaker, one a court jester. Yet the Tea Party crowd only starts threads about one. I wonder why?

Need a waaaaabulance?

Need a waaaaabulance?

Nope.

Racist whack job..Your a Ron Paul supporter right?:cuckoo:

Racist whack job..Your a Ron Paul supporter right?:cuckoo:
I second that.

And what are YOU, Salt, but an example of the very kind of hatred Dr, King and so many others tried so hard to end? You, who openly say you hate white people just because they are white? Sad. Honest, but sad.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBG
Translation: Herman Cain was destroyed for his bid because the Democrats wouldn't hear of unseating thier PRIZE of first black POTUS because herman got to where he was by hard work...Obama? not so much.

Admit it you racist ass. Herman is a threat to Statists as YOU.

Mr. Jones, Rep. Alan West is a good man. Please recuse yourself from using racial calumnies against Rep. West. Thanks.

I think MLK would also fail Obama on Personal Responsibility and Integrity.

I think MLK would have given Jake a "Special Pass", an Ice Cream Cone, and a Balloon. :D ;)

Last edited:
MLK would be broken hearted by Rep West.

Doubt it, but you are free to think what you like.

Thanks, Steph. And so is brother West, even if it is being done only for points with the wacks far to the right.

You mean he said for that 54% far to right wacks who doesn't think the Obama should be re-elected?

man, this country must be overrun with them...:lol:
I agree with West, Obama and his comrades in Arms have played the RACE game for their agenda...it has been sick to watch and I for will be glad when they are GONE.

Allen West would have made MLK gag.

MLK was big on content of character. Free Will, not being owned, being free to express one's own perspective. West does get a pass there, even if his belief's don't coincide. Progressive Statism, on the other hand punishes dissent, from the platform. MLK was a Disciple of Christ, who was big on Communion, not to be confused with Communism, which is void and in denial of Heavenly influence. ;) Just a thought.

west is an asshat

:tongue: :razz:

4 Things come to mind, maybe you can help me decide?

Emu Fajitas

Cut emu thigh or drum meat into 1/2 inch thick strips and marinate overnight in a combination of Fajita seasoning, crushed garlic cloves, and low sodium Teryaki sauce. (too much salt makes the meat tougher). Roast strips for 25 minutes at 350 degrees in a pre-heated oven. Put a small amount of the marinade in the roasting tray. Serve on hot flour tortillas with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions and pico-de-gallo. Some Jalapenos on the side add an extra zing!

Emu Valencia

1 cup chopped raw carrot
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (4 oz) mushrooms
1 orange, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons oregano
4 emu steaks, tenderized
vegetable oil - enough for saute'

Lightly grease a large casserole.
Saute carrot until tender. Add onion, garlic, celery and green pepper until tender. Add mushrooms, orange, orange juice, water and oregano. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place emu steaks in casserole. Cover with sauce. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serves 4.

Emu Surprise

3 lb. Emu Meat cut into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 can water
1 pk. Dry onion soup mix
1 small jar cocktail onions (drained and rinsed)
1/2 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup dry sherry
fresh ground black pepper

Mix all the ingredients together. Bake covered 3 to 3 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Serve over rice , noodles or in timbale cases of puff pastry.

Emu With Beer Gravy

3 lb. Emu meat cut into cubes
2 tablespoon oil
5 large onion slices
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon garlic chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoon flour
1 can beef stock
1-2 bay leaves
1 can beer
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat in pan. In another pan, brown onions with butter, combine in large casserole dish. Add flour to oil in pan where you browned the meat, mix, pour in beer and beef stock, bring to a boil and add rest of the ingredients. pour over casserole and mix together. Cover tight and cook in oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Serve with boiled new potatoes.

Spicy Roast Gourmet Emu

2 emu fillets
1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds
2 teaspoons Juniper berries
1 tablespoon cracked pepper
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flavored vinegar (either Balsamic or raspberry)

Crush the spices with the garlic using a blender or pestle and mortar. Rub mixture liberally over fillets, coating thickly. Leave on one or two hours. Heat one tablespoon oil and butter in pan until foam subsides. Add fillets and sear on all sides. Transfer to baking dish and cook quickly in a hot oven (440 degrees) for 8-12 minutes for rare; slightly longer for medium rare. Finger test. Remove from baking dish and allow meat to set by standing at a warm place for 15-30 minutes. Slice diagonally, fan on serving plate and serve with chosen sauce.

HIGH LONESOME RANCH - Emu Recipes

:):):):):)

Forum List

Back