Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Honest.

Cheeky? Kucinich Sues for 'Oral Injuries' From Errant Olive Pit
Cheeky? Kucinich Sues for 'Oral Injuries' From Errant Olive Pit - FoxNews.com
Published January 26, 2011
| FoxNews.com

It's the pits to break a tooth while eating. Just ask Rep. Dennis Kucinich.

The Ohio Democratic representative is suing House cafeteria service providers for $150,000 for allegedly selling him a sandwich wrap with a stray olive pit in it.

Kucinich, who ran for president in 2008,Thank the heavens he didn't make it/ said in a Jan. 3 lawsuit filed in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia that the pit caused "serious and permanent" damage to his mouth and wellbeing. Tha's one BADASS olive pit!

He said he is entitled to recover damages, "including but not limited to past and future dental and medical expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damage." WTF is that!?

An initial scheduling conference is set for April. The four respondents named in the case are all food service providers for Capitol Hill. The offending sandwich was purchased at the Longworth House Office Building.

According to the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by courthousenews.com, Kucinich is filing civil charges on two counts of negligence and two counts of breach of implied warranty.

"Said sandwich wrap was unwholesome and unfit for human consumption in that it was represented to contain pitted olives, yet unknown to plaintiff contained an unpitted olive or olives which plaintiff did not reasonably expect to be in the food prepared for him, and could not visually detect prior to consumption," the lawsuit reads.

Kucinich, who as a member of Congress receives dental coverage among the health care insurance he is entitled to receive, alleged in the suit that as a result of his consumption of the unwholesome and unfit food, the plaintiff "sustained serious and permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures, and has sustained other damages as well, including significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." You can't make this kinda crap up.

Asked about the suit, which cost $120 to file in the D.C. Superior Court, Kucinich attorney Andrew Young told Fox News, "This is a private matter that needs to be tried in the courts and not in the public media." No it's not. He's suing a caffateria I'd be willing to bet we pay for, if so, he's actually sueing us, b/c that's where the money comes from.

Good lord, that had to be the meanest tuffest ruffest damn olive pit the world has ever seen.

Wonder how many times he tried to chew it?

Last edited:
There was a story not too long ago about a Judge who took a few suits to the dry cleaners.When he picked them up he found a pair of pants was missing from one of the suits.Well after a while the pants were recovered.The judge sued the owners anyway.They owned 2 stores at the time.Well the owners after returning the pants needed to hire an attorney because of the law suit.Well being an attorney the judge defended himself and filed for delay after delay forcing the defendants to pay more and more in legal bills.They ended up closing one store due to the mounting debt,the husband became ill over it.
The judge pretty much ruined these people all over a pair of misplaced pants that were found and returned to the Judge.

The Judge was suing for $200.000.00 in damages.

How about that for the need for tort reform.

Oh and since I didn't provide a link this story is made up...I know Libs.

It was a big story in the NYC papers for a bit.I think this may have happened in Wash.DC.

You know...he might actually have been injured. I'm just sayin'...

Of course he was injured, he is a Democrat, eating a sandwich, with Olives, I am sure there was no label warning of the danger of Olive Pits in Olives. Most likely its the first time this Democrat had ever heard that Olives have pits.

A man must know his limitations.

There was a story not too long ago about a Judge who took a few suits to the dry cleaners.When he picked them up he found a pair of pants was missing from one of the suits.Well after a while the pants were recovered.The judge sued the owners anyway.They owned 2 stores at the time.Well the owners after returning the pants needed to hire an attorney because of the law suit.Well being an attorney the judge defended himself and filed for delay after delay forcing the defendants to pay more and more in legal bills.They ended up closing one store due to the mounting debt,the husband became ill over it.
The judge pretty much ruined these people all over a pair of misplaced pants that were found and returned to the Judge.

The Judge was suing for $200.000.00 in damages.

How about that for the need for tort reform.

Oh and since I didn't provide a link this story is made up...I know Libs.

It was a big story in the NYC papers for a bit.I think this may have happened in Wash.DC.
It happened..I remember.

Pearson v. Chung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course he was injured, he is a Democrat, eating a sandwich, with Olives, I am sure there was no label warning of the danger of Olive Pits in Olives. Most likely its the first time this Democrat had ever heard that Olives have pits.

LMAO Good one.

There should be a law.

All sandwichs/subs should come with warning labels.

What do you wanna bet that will be the next really, really important thing Congres takes up?? LOL

150K worth??

I seriously doubt it.

Unless, that is, you count the mental anquish.

I'm sure OL'Dennis has tons of that as he contemplates that 150K. LOL

Last edited:

There is a great chance that he actually hurt himself.

But this is a grow the fuck up moment.

People are human, if we sued every single last time a mistake was made, people would be afraid to work.

I know my typos and misspellings cause some people mental distress b/c they like to point it out.

Should I get sued? B/c someone lost enjoyment of reading a perfect posting?

LMAO Good one.

There should be a law.

What do you wanna bet that will be the next really, really important thing Congres takes up?? LOL

WARNING; Eating food my cause a sensation of fullness.
WARNING; Eating a toasted sandwich may lead to hearing crunching sounds.
WARNING; There might be sumpting in dis hoggie you dun wanna eat, just put it down, back away slowly and no one gets hurt.

LMAO Good one.

There should be a law.

WARNING; There might be sumpting in dis hoggie you dun wanna eat, just put it down, back away slowly and no one gets hurt.

Um..

Kucinich broke a tooth.

If the suit is excessive, it will get tossed.

LMAO Good one.

There should be a law.

Um..

Kucinich broke a tooth.

If the suit is excessive, it will get tossed.

Musta been one helluva olive pit to break a tooth.

My point in this is; people make mistakes, unless this was intentional he should only get compensated for the cost of the dental work. That we paid for, so we get that money back.

And a couple a free hogies.

Get some perspective. A jerk who smokes all his life wins a million dollar law suit from the deep pocket tobacco companies. $!50,000 is chump change. Look at all the ambulance chasing law firms trying to jump on the mesothelioma bandwagon with TV commercials.

Forum List

Back