Rep sues for $150,000 in damages for chipped tooth

If he's got the label that says 'pitted olives,' and they weren't pitted, that's called an express warranty. They told him the sandwich had no pits. He didn't get what he bought, and it harmed him. He wins.

There is something wrong with the product. He didn't cause it. He had no reason to assume it was in the product. And he got injured. That's the law of products liability..and it's common sense.

He might also be trying to make a point as a legislator: Our food must be safe. How many people died from infected peanuts? A lot. How many children were given formula in China that killed them? Many. When product manufacturers do not handle or care for their products in an appropriate way, people can die.

But you're trivializing it because it's an olive pit.

I'm trivializing cuz the jackass is sueing for $150k for loss of enjoyment.

You're blowoing it WAY outta proportion by comparing this accindent to the shit that china did that caused death.

Not only it this not apple and oranges, it's apples and trucks.

One has nothing to do with the other.

This is not him getting justice this is him getting paid. Nothing more.

It wasn't just for loss of enjoyment...it was for actual damages. Do you have any idea how much damage was done to his mouth as a result? If not, sit the fuck down. Ok, this is the internet...all we do is speculate on shit we have know knowledge of. I'll let you pass.

But the point is there were damages to his actual body.

Also I've cited actual legal cause and effect. What have you stated? That you think he's asking for too much. Whine much? Sure you think you've got some Joe the Plumber, common sense shit on your side. And I'll admit 150K is a bit out of whack...without knowing his damages.

But ffs, do you really want unsafe food? The jury or judge can decide what the reasonable payment is based on his damages. They'll set the level.

Should he get 150K? questionable. Should he get something if he proves his case? Of course.

I hope he's fined $150,000 for a frivolous law suit. :razz:

what about it is frivolous?

It's frivolous because Kucinich is one of them congress critters who have better health and dental than most of the rest of the country, paid for by the taxpayer.

He wasn't out any money, as all he'd have to do is go over to the Congressional dental offices and get it fixed for free.

It's really stupid that this idiot is doing this. I've never liked this asshole much anyway.

Why would it be insane for the Voters to hold him accountable for this?

First off, we pay his damn insurance.
Second, we pay for his damn Cafeteria.

So, he's in effect double-banging tax-payers. I'm pretty sure 150K for a chipped tooth is waaaay overboard and frivolous, aslo. Especially if he paid little or nothing out of pocket because of the wonderful insurance he has.

So, he's in effect double-banging tax-payers. I'm pretty sure 150K for a chipped tooth is waaaay overboard and frivolous, aslo. Especially if he paid little or nothing out of pocket because of the wonderful insurance he has.

accountable for what, being as fucking stupid as those who get upset everytime Dennis takes a shit?

:cuckoo:

And thirdly! Who in the hell put olives in their sammiches?

And thirdly! Who in the hell put olives in their sammiches?

Yea, I'm not sure I've ever had an olive on a sammy.

The way the suit reads any resturant that makes crab cakes or sells fish is at risk. There is rarely anytime that I don't get a shell in a crab cake. If that shell cuts my gum in the eyes of Dennis, it is unwholesome food.

IMHO the guy is acting like pond algae.

accountable for what, being as fucking stupid as those who get upset everytime Dennis takes a shit?

:cuckoo:

Accountable for being a Rich person suing a tax-payer run establishment when his tax-payer funded insurance likely covered it all, anyways, instead of biting the bullet since it was a publicly-funded Cafe. Caring for the middle class on this one? pfffftt

He's a rich public representative suing the public for biting into a fucking olive pit.

Let's see what the voter's of Ohio's 10th District do with this in the next election.....

Are you insane?

I don't think he's insane. He's just very passionate.

I sincerely doubt this will come up during election time though, but hey, ya never know.

i can't imagine why it would come up during election time. I'm also waiting for someone to explain to me how it's frivolous to sue for injury resulting in pain and suffering. i don't know the circumstances or what his damages are. I haven't read either the complaint or the meds. But I wouldn't say it's frivolous.

I guess I don't understand why he'd be 'passionate' about *this*, of all things. So I think I still have to go with insane... or at least a bit wack-a-doodle.

It's frivolous because Kucinich is one of them congress critters who have better health and dental than most of the rest of the country, paid for by the taxpayer.

He wasn't out any money, as all he'd have to do is go over to the Congressional dental offices and get it fixed for free.

It's really stupid that this idiot is doing this. I've never liked this asshole much anyway.

i don't like kucinich either. but you don't know what his deductible is. you don't know what kind of work they had to do to fix his mouth. and i figure it will all get sorted out either by being settled or going to trial. The $150,000 is an arbitrary number picked by his attorney. Personally, I'd have put in one million.

i don't know if there's a congressional dental office, btw. but i know i wouldn't want root canal because someone let an olive pit get into my food.

remember that crazy azzed guy who sued for millions for dry cleaning.. they lost his britches!

If everything you say is true, his case will get thrown out. The defense counsel will make a Summary Judgment motion...and the judge will say FU to Kucinich.

If, on the other hand, he DOES have damages that he should be paid back for...YOU LOSE.

so we have a "lawyer" here who would sue for a million dollars for an olive pit injury. there folks is what's wrong with health care..

Malkin cracks me up!!!!

Prepare for MSM stories alleging that the sandwich was influenced by right-wing political rhetoric.

And Kucinich thought he was fit to be president? How can you take on terrorists if a BLT kicks your ass? Bush almost choked to death on a pretzel but he didn’t sue Mister Salty.

In court, expect Kucinich’s attorney to allege the government planted the olive pit (a conspiracy accusation which might give rise to a so-called “Toother” movement):

Michelle Malkin Dennis Kucinich Files Lawsuit Against Congressional Cafeteria

Malkin cracks me up!!!!

Prepare for MSM stories alleging that the sandwich was influenced by right-wing political rhetoric.

And Kucinich thought he was fit to be president? How can you take on terrorists if a BLT kicks your ass? Bush almost choked to death on a pretzel but he didn’t sue Mister Salty.

In court, expect Kucinich’s attorney to allege the government planted the olive pit (a conspiracy accusation which might give rise to a so-called “Toother” movement):

Yep! :lol:

Malkin cracks me up!!!!

of course Malkin's point is stupid as cheese, as usual. The President doesn't "Take on terrorists," physically, himself. :cuckoo:

Malkin cracks me up!!!!

Can you imagine if this goon had gotten elected Pres?

Think he'd still sue? Could this be sour grapes?

Forum List

Back