Rep sues for $150,000 in damages for chipped tooth

Didn't Nancy Pelosi demand this cafe stop serving affordable lunches like burger and fries? Now they have to eat hoity toity wraps with olives and shit. Hazardous to your health I'd say. Never heard of a pitted french fry. Lol

so we have a "lawyer" here who would sue for a million dollars for an olive pit injury. there folks is what's wrong with health care..

No...unscrupulous insurance companies are what's wrong with healthcare. Keep your eye on the ball.

Ha ha. Found it! Remember this story?
The processed cheese has been replaced with brie. The Jell-O has made way for raspberry kiwi tarts and mini-lemon blueberry trifles. Meatloaf has moved over for mahi mahi and buns have been shunted aside in favor of baguettes.

A revolution is afoot at the deli counters, grills and salad bars of the U.S. House of Representatives.

There is pan-roasted Chesapeake rockfish with sweet potato fennel hash and yellow pepper relish. Pears with Stilton cheese and watercress. Cumin-scented leg of lamb with almond couscous. There are vegetables with funny names, like bok choy, arugula and jicama. There are baked goods with Italian names, like biscotti, focaccia and frittati.

There are foods in funny colors, like yellow tomatoes and purple Peruvian potatoes. There are things that are free of other things, like “cage-free shell eggs,” “rBGH-free milk” and “free-range chicken.” And things that we don’t know what they mean, like turkey escabeche (salad), red pepper coulis (sauce) and seared barramundi (fish).

Nearly everything in the new cafeterias is biodegradable, from plates to utensils to straws, and that situation has produced a few peculiarities. For example, there are no soup spoons, only teaspoons. The company that manufactures the biodegradable flatware doesn’t make soup spoons yet. And some people have complained that the compostable straws can melt in hot liquids.

Pelosi pushes gourmet menu - Josephine Hearn - POLITICO.com

Hey Dennis. Stay away from the Biscotti. Tough on those old teeth. Oh and don't use the straws in your decaf espresso. Melted plastic may cause a tummy ache. Or cancer. Jury's out on that one. :lol:

I prize my intellectual honesty and integrity more than to bend the facts. I dont care what you think of my motivations...you're in error.

I deal with insurance companies on a daily basis that screw people over. That's a fact. How often do you deal with them?

I prize my intellectual honesty and integrity more than to bend the facts. I dont care what you think of my motivations...you're in error.

I deal with insurance companies on a daily basis that screw people over. That's a fact. How often do you deal with them?

You want them gone? Then who will you sue? The Doctors?

I hope he's fined $150,000 for a frivolous law suit. :razz:
Do you truly believe Kucinich's lawsuit is frivolous or are you just a right wing chauvinist?

What would you do if you broke a tooth on the pit of an olive that came from a jar labeled "pitted olives?"

Do you truly believe Kucinich's lawsuit is frivolous or are you just a right wing chauvinist?

What would you do if you broke a tooth on the pit of an olive that came from a jar labeled "pitted olives?"

I'd go get my damn tooth fixed at the "taxpayers" expense and stfu about it. but no,, now he's got to sue the "taxpayers."

If he's got the label that says 'pitted olives,' and they weren't pitted, that's called an express warranty. They told him the sandwich had no pits. He didn't get what he bought, and it harmed him. He wins.

There is something wrong with the product. He didn't cause it. He had no reason to assume it was in the product. And he got injured. That's the law of products liability..and it's common sense.

He might also be trying to make a point as a legislator: Our food must be safe. How many people died from infected peanuts? A lot. How many children were given formula in China that killed them? Many. When product manufacturers do not handle or care for their products in an appropriate way, people can die.

But you're trivializing it because it's an olive pit.
Or because he places little or no value on his own teeth.

A $150k plus the expenses can put a sandwich shop out of biz.

But since the shop is ours, he's taking our money.

what's partisan about being pissed that some whiny bitch is taking our money when we are already short on money?

If he's got the label that says 'pitted olives,' and they weren't pitted, that's called an express warranty. They told him the sandwich had no pits. He didn't get what he bought, and it harmed him. He wins.

There is something wrong with the product. He didn't cause it. He had no reason to assume it was in the product. And he got injured. That's the law of products liability..and it's common sense.

He might also be trying to make a point as a legislator: Our food must be safe. How many people died from infected peanuts? A lot. How many children were given formula in China that killed them? Many. When product manufacturers do not handle or care for their products in an appropriate way, people can die.

But you're trivializing it because it's an olive pit.
Or because he places little or no value on his own teeth.

lame

I think he's a turd for this regardless of his or anyone's politics, that's for sure.

I have had my teeth fall apart, I understand tooth pain, one which the crown fall off of due to circumstance I let go for a year, it got infected, while I lived in an apartment in Tijuana Mexico (lived there seven months), I did not have the money to go to the Dentist and was in extreme pain, had a great man who lived above, we called him "Doctor" because he was a surgeon in Detroit. He called me up to his apartment to help me, there he had a hyperdermic needle that was obviously used, all ready for me, with Novocaine, I had to squirm and decline. The next day he called me back up and had a brand new needle, on a thin tube, so I allowed him to numb the pain, it was not a dentist needle by any means and this nice Old Mexican doctor kept missing, he was stabbing me in the hard part of the gum, finally I had to pretend he did a great job and the pain was gone.

He was happy, I was happy I did not get a disease.

Anyhow, I have seven crowns, my most expensive medical expense is my teeth, I have partial insurance. I do understand how terrible tooth pain is, thats why its nice to sneak into Canada and buy two, 250 tab bottles of Tylenol 3 (with codeine) for 15 bucks. They wanted Sixty dollars for a couple in Tijuana, of course I gave up without haggling.
It seems you've led an unusually interesting life!

Have you read John Steinbeck's Cannery Row and/or Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer? If not I suggest you do because you might have the meat of a good novel inside you waiting to be cooked. E.g., the Detroit surgeon living in an upstairs apartment in Tijuana, the toothache and the dirty needle. That is pure Henry Miller!

Let's see what the voter's of Ohio's 10th District do with this in the next election.....

Are you insane?

I don't think he's insane. He's just very passionate.

I sincerely doubt this will come up during election time though, but hey, ya never know.
Dennis Kucinich's constituents like him because he is a serious activist, not a soft-pedaling pacifist. This lawsuit is typical Kucinich. Something pisses him off and he does something about it.

Why would it be insane for the Voters to hold him accountable for this?

First off, we pay his damn insurance.
Second, we pay for his damn Cafeteria.

So, he's in effect double-banging tax-payers. I'm pretty sure 150K for a chipped tooth is waaaay overboard and frivolous, aslo. Especially if he paid little or nothing out of pocket because of the wonderful insurance he has.
The House cafeteria is operated by a private concessionaire who undoubtedly carries liability insurance. So the taxpayer will not suffer any loss from this.

Forum List

Back