Rep sues for $150,000 in damages for chipped tooth

Amazing, our tax money pays for his lucretive health insurance, which would have easily covered the bills. Our tax money pays him a generous salary for basically sitting on his ass and saying yes or no to legislation no one has read. And now he wants to sue for more of it because he's too stupid to realize that some olives have pits.

I think he's been given enough of our money.

Amazing, our tax money pays for his lucretive health insurance, which would have easily covered the bills. Our tax money pays him a generous salary for basically sitting on his ass and saying yes or no to legislation no one has read. And now he wants to sue for more of it because he's too stupid to realize that some olives have pits.

I think he's been given enough of our money.

Well said, this is about as pathetic as it gets, imo.

Honest.

Cheeky? Kucinich Sues for 'Oral Injuries' From Errant Olive Pit
Cheeky? Kucinich Sues for 'Oral Injuries' From Errant Olive Pit - FoxNews.com
Published January 26, 2011
| FoxNews.com

It's the pits to break a tooth while eating. Just ask Rep. Dennis Kucinich.

The Ohio Democratic representative is suing House cafeteria service providers for $150,000 for allegedly selling him a sandwich wrap with a stray olive pit in it.

Kucinich, who ran for president in 2008,Thank the heavens he didn't make it/ said in a Jan. 3 lawsuit filed in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia that the pit caused "serious and permanent" damage to his mouth and wellbeing. Tha's one BADASS olive pit!

He said he is entitled to recover damages, "including but not limited to past and future dental and medical expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damage." WTF is that!?

An initial scheduling conference is set for April. The four respondents named in the case are all food service providers for Capitol Hill. The offending sandwich was purchased at the Longworth House Office Building.

According to the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by courthousenews.com, Kucinich is filing civil charges on two counts of negligence and two counts of breach of implied warranty.

"Said sandwich wrap was unwholesome and unfit for human consumption in that it was represented to contain pitted olives, yet unknown to plaintiff contained an unpitted olive or olives which plaintiff did not reasonably expect to be in the food prepared for him, and could not visually detect prior to consumption," the lawsuit reads.

Kucinich, who as a member of Congress receives dental coverage among the health care insurance he is entitled to receive, alleged in the suit that as a result of his consumption of the unwholesome and unfit food, the plaintiff "sustained serious and permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures, and has sustained other damages as well, including significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." You can't make this kinda crap up.

Asked about the suit, which cost $120 to file in the D.C. Superior Court, Kucinich attorney Andrew Young told Fox News, "This is a private matter that needs to be tried in the courts and not in the public media." No it's not. He's suing a caffateria I'd be willing to bet we pay for, if so, he's actually sueing us, b/c that's where the money comes from.

Good lord, that had to be the meanest tuffest ruffest damn olive pit the world has ever seen.

Wonder how many times he tried to chew it?

Consider the source....

Kucinich is pond scum....

We can not measure the effect of litigation of this kind, it is impossible....

That we let crap like this continue is the clearest path to our demise....

And the left says Tort Reform will have minimal effect on rising HC cost....

Top Industries Giving to Members of Congress, 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets

Last edited:
Honest.

Cheeky? Kucinich Sues for 'Oral Injuries' From Errant Olive Pit
Cheeky? Kucinich Sues for 'Oral Injuries' From Errant Olive Pit - FoxNews.com
Published January 26, 2011
| FoxNews.com

It's the pits to break a tooth while eating. Just ask Rep. Dennis Kucinich.

The Ohio Democratic representative is suing House cafeteria service providers for $150,000 for allegedly selling him a sandwich wrap with a stray olive pit in it.

Kucinich, who ran for president in 2008,Thank the heavens he didn't make it/ said in a Jan. 3 lawsuit filed in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia that the pit caused "serious and permanent" damage to his mouth and wellbeing. Tha's one BADASS olive pit!

He said he is entitled to recover damages, "including but not limited to past and future dental and medical expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damage." WTF is that!?

An initial scheduling conference is set for April. The four respondents named in the case are all food service providers for Capitol Hill. The offending sandwich was purchased at the Longworth House Office Building.

According to the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by courthousenews.com, Kucinich is filing civil charges on two counts of negligence and two counts of breach of implied warranty.

"Said sandwich wrap was unwholesome and unfit for human consumption in that it was represented to contain pitted olives, yet unknown to plaintiff contained an unpitted olive or olives which plaintiff did not reasonably expect to be in the food prepared for him, and could not visually detect prior to consumption," the lawsuit reads.

Kucinich, who as a member of Congress receives dental coverage among the health care insurance he is entitled to receive, alleged in the suit that as a result of his consumption of the unwholesome and unfit food, the plaintiff "sustained serious and permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures, and has sustained other damages as well, including significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." You can't make this kinda crap up.

Asked about the suit, which cost $120 to file in the D.C. Superior Court, Kucinich attorney Andrew Young told Fox News, "This is a private matter that needs to be tried in the courts and not in the public media." No it's not. He's suing a caffateria I'd be willing to bet we pay for, if so, he's actually sueing us, b/c that's where the money comes from.

Good lord, that had to be the meanest tuffest ruffest damn olive pit the world has ever seen.

Consider the source....

And the left says Tort Reform will have minimal effect on rising HC cost....

Top Industries Giving to Members of Congress, 2010 Cycle | OpenSecrets

And not to mention the rising cost of making a hogie!

WARNING; Eating food my cause a sensation of fullness.
WARNING; Eating a toasted sandwich may lead to hearing crunching sounds.
WARNING; There might be sumpting in dis hoggie you dun wanna eat, just put it down, back away slowly and no one gets hurt.

Um..

Kucinich broke a tooth.

If the suit is excessive, it will get tossed.

Musta been one helluva olive pit to break a tooth.

My point in this is; people make mistakes, unless this was intentional he should only get compensated for the cost of the dental work. That we paid for, so we get that money back.

And a couple a free hogies.

Believe or not..people seldom win these things. That's why they get reported. It's a man bites dog thing. I broke a tooth on a an uncooked rice kernel while eating sushi..

The first thing in my mind was to get it fixed. I didn't sue anyone..shit happens.

And I believe that's how most people feel.

Last edited:
honest.

Cheeky? Kucinich sues for 'oral injuries' from errant olive pit
cheeky? Kucinich sues for 'oral injuries' from errant olive pit - foxnews.com
published january 26, 2011
| foxnews.com

it's the pits to break a tooth while eating. Just ask rep. Dennis kucinich.

The ohio democratic representative is suing house cafeteria service providers for $150,000 for allegedly selling him a sandwich wrap with a stray olive pit in it.

Kucinich, who ran for president in 2008,thank the heavens he didn't make it/ said in a jan. 3 lawsuit filed in the superior court for the district of columbia that the pit caused "serious and permanent" damage to his mouth and wellbeing. tha's one badass olive pit!

he said he is entitled to recover damages, "including but not limited to past and future dental and medical expenses, compensation for pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment and other damage." wtf is that!?

an initial scheduling conference is set for april. The four respondents named in the case are all food service providers for capitol hill. The offending sandwich was purchased at the longworth house office building.

According to the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by courthousenews.com, kucinich is filing civil charges on two counts of negligence and two counts of breach of implied warranty.

"said sandwich wrap was unwholesome and unfit for human consumption in that it was represented to contain pitted olives, yet unknown to plaintiff contained an unpitted olive or olives which plaintiff did not reasonably expect to be in the food prepared for him, and could not visually detect prior to consumption," the lawsuit reads.

Kucinich, who as a member of congress receives dental coverage among the health care insurance he is entitled to receive, alleged in the suit that as a result of his consumption of the unwholesome and unfit food, the plaintiff "sustained serious and permanent dental and oral injuries requiring multiple surgical and dental procedures, and has sustained other damages as well, including significant pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment." you can't make this kinda crap up.

asked about the suit, which cost $120 to file in the d.c. Superior court, kucinich attorney andrew young told fox news, "this is a private matter that needs to be tried in the courts and not in the public media." no it's not. He's suing a caffateria i'd be willing to bet we pay for, if so, he's actually sueing us, b/c that's where the money comes from.

good lord, that had to be the meanest tuffest ruffest damn olive pit the world has ever seen.

consider the source....

And the left says tort reform will have minimal effect on rising hc cost....

top industries giving to members of congress, 2010 cycle | opensecrets

and not to mention the rising cost of making a hogie!

lol.....

Of course he was injured, he is a Democrat, eating a sandwich, with Olives, I am sure there was no label warning of the danger of Olive Pits in Olives. Most likely its the first time this Democrat had ever heard that Olives have pits.

A man must know his limitations.

LMAO Good one.

There should be a law.

All sandwichs/subs should come with warning labels.

What do you wanna bet that will be the next really, really important thing Congres takes up?? LOL

WARNING; Eating food my cause a sensation of fullness.
WARNING; Eating a toasted sandwich may lead to hearing crunching sounds.
WARNING; There might be sumpting in dis hoggie you dun wanna eat, just put it down, back away slowly and no one gets hurt.

Joking is find and dandy but in all seriousness the eating of Olives is now shown to lead to serious injuries or disorders. The chronic nature of the mental distress is obviously going to impede this mans ability to do his job. The symptoms this Congressman will suffer can appear at anytime.

There are many chronic musculoskeletal disorders this Congressman will suffer, Temporomandibular joint disorder is the most immediate concern.

If anyone is eating a pizza, a Subway sandwich, or a salad with Olives, if you experience discomfort, pain, throbbing, aching, tingling, numbness, burning sensation or stiffness. DO NOT IGNORE THESE WARNING SIGNS, PROMPTLY SEE A QUALIFIED OBAMACARE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL

The warning signs I just stole from the warning on the bottom of my keyboard, except for the word Obamacare, I added that to reflect current times.

Um..

Kucinich broke a tooth.

My point in this is; people make mistakes, unless this was intentional he should only get compensated for the cost of the dental work. That we paid for, so we get that money back.

Believe or not..people seldom win these things. That's why they get reported. It's a man bites dog thing. I broke a tooth on a an uncooked rice kernel while eating sushi..

The first thing in my mind was to get it fixed. I didn't sue anyone..shit happens.

It probably will get tossed.

But they shouldn't have to even be taken to court. If that caf. was paid for by us, we have to pay for the lawyer to defend them, and if they should lose, we pay the fine. And since it happened there, we may pay the bill for the lawyer that's sueing them.

It's an all around waste of time and money to do this.

Um..

Kucinich broke a tooth.

Now that is hard swallow, you broke a tooth on a uncooked rice kernel while eating Sushi? That seems incredible, not saying it did not happen but are you getting enough Calcium in your diet.

Where was the Sushi joint, I think the only way uncooked rice could come in contact with cooked rice is an extremely sloppy Sushi joint, maybe not but I eat a lot of rice and never ever find any uncooked.

Broke the tooth, typically teeth are harder than rice, did you have a filling that was old? Was it a perfectly healthy tooth. I am actually going to go eat some raw Calrose right now.

Great story, how about more details, did you get at least free hot Saki or a Kirin?

Now that is hard swallow, you broke a tooth on a uncooked rice kernel while eating Sushi? That seems incredible, not saying it did not happen but are you getting enough Calcium in your diet.

Where was the Sushi joint, I think the only way uncooked rice could come in contact with cooked rice is an extremely sloppy Sushi joint, maybe not but I eat a lot of rice and never ever find any uncooked.

Broke the tooth, typically teeth are harder than rice, did you have a filling that was old? Was it a perfectly healthy tooth. I am actually going to go eat some raw Calrose right now.

Great story, how about more details, did you get at least free hot Saki or a Kirin?

The tooth had a filling..and as in my younger days..I gave into puguilistic nonsense at bars..it might have had a fracture or two.

Not sure.

But I sure as heck had no inclination to sue.

If he's got the label that says 'pitted olives,' and they weren't pitted, that's called an express warranty. They told him the sandwich had no pits. He didn't get what he bought, and it harmed him. He wins.

There is something wrong with the product. He didn't cause it. He had no reason to assume it was in the product. And he got injured. That's the law of products liability..and it's common sense.

He might also be trying to make a point as a legislator: Our food must be safe. How many people died from infected peanuts? A lot. How many children were given formula in China that killed them? Many. When product manufacturers do not handle or care for their products in an appropriate way, people can die.

But you're trivializing it because it's an olive pit.

If he's got the label that says 'pitted olives,' and they weren't pitted, that's called an express warranty. They told him the sandwich had no pits. He didn't get what he bought, and it harmed him. He wins.

There is something wrong with the product. He didn't cause it. He had no reason to assume it was in the product. And he got injured. That's the law of products liability..and it's common sense.

He might also be trying to make a point as a legislator: Our food must be safe. How many people died from infected peanuts? A lot. How many children were given formula in China that killed them? Many. When product manufacturers do not handle or care for their products in an appropriate way, people can die.

Not me..I don't want to take anyone's right to sue away. Keeps 'em honest.

Just relating that it isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is...

I'm trivializing cuz the jackass is sueing for $150k for loss of enjoyment.

You're blowoing it WAY outta proportion by comparing this accindent to the shit that china did that caused death.

Not only it this not apple and oranges, it's apples and trucks.

One has nothing to do with the other.

This is not him getting justice this is him getting paid. Nothing more.

The tooth had a filling..and as in my younger days..I gave into puguilistic nonsense at bars..it might have had a fracture or two.

Not sure.

I have had my teeth fall apart, I understand tooth pain, one which the crown fall off of due to circumstance I let go for a year, it got infected, while I lived in an apartment in Tijuana Mexico (lived there seven months), I did not have the money to go to the Dentist and was in extreme pain, had a great man who lived above, we called him "Doctor" because he was a surgeon in Detroit. He called me up to his apartment to help me, there he had a hyperdermic needle that was obviously used, all ready for me, with Novocaine, I had to squirm and decline. The next day he called me back up and had a brand new needle, on a thin tube, so I allowed him to numb the pain, it was not a dentist needle by any means and this nice Old Mexican doctor kept missing, he was stabbing me in the hard part of the gum, finally I had to pretend he did a great job and the pain was gone.

He was happy, I was happy I did not get a disease.

Anyhow, I have seven crowns, my most expensive medical expense is my teeth, I have partial insurance. I do understand how terrible tooth pain is, thats why its nice to sneak into Canada and buy two, 250 tab bottles of Tylenol 3 (with codeine) for 15 bucks. They wanted Sixty dollars for a couple in Tijuana, of course I gave up without haggling.

Not sure.

I have had my teeth fall apart, I understand tooth pain, one which the crown fall off of due to circumstance I let go for a year, it got infected, while I lived in an apartment in Tijuana Mexico (lived there seven months), I did not have the money to go to the Dentist and was in extreme pain, had a great man who lived above, we called him "Doctor" because he was a surgeon in Detroit. He called me up to his apartment to help me, there he had a hyperdermic needle that was obviously used, all ready for me, with Novocaine, I had to squirm and decline. The next day he called me back up and had a brand new needle, on a thin tube, so I allowed him to numb the pain, it was not a dentist needle by any means and this nice Old Mexican doctor kept missing, he was stabbing me in the hard part of the gum, finally I had to pretend he did a great job and the pain was gone.

He was happy, I was happy I did not get a disease.

Anyhow, I have seven crowns, my most expensive medical expense is my teeth, I have partial insurance. I do understand how terrible tooth pain is, thats why its nice to sneak into Canada and buy two, 250 tab bottles of Tylenol 3 (with codeine) for 15 bucks. They wanted Sixty dollars for a couple in Tijuana, of course I gave up without haggling.

Fun stuff..teeth.

I have like six or seven fakes. I should get them replaced. My front teeth I've had for like 30 years.

Forum List

Back