Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

Funny - I hear the "N" word 400+ times a day on the radio/television.

By those it is supposed to infuriate.

Is that acceptable now?

May I feel free to use this word as acceptable in every day conversation?

I think not.

What's that got to do with anything? Certain words are culture sensitive. You obviously understand that already, or you wouldn't be acknowledging you'd be out of line for using the word in everyday conversation.
No, certain words are sensitive to the professionally offended and the race baiters.

Just ignore the fact that the tar baby from the Uncle Remus story was being referenced as an analogy and shift straight into pussy sniveler mode.

That's actually not even what I was referring to. There's a difference between words that are culture sensitive and the term "culturally sensitive". BTW, you seem pretty offended yourself. Why so serious?

I wholly encourage you to use it frequently when you do business.

Should bring in the bucks.

When does treating someone differently cross from being "sensitive" into being racist?

Would we even be having this conversation if Senator Reid had said "Working with the Tea Party, giving into their demands, is like a 'tar baby'. My constituents wouldn't forgive me"?

:rock:

Guess you don't keep up on the news. You just joined in May, but I'll still accomodate you. But don't give me shit over the verbage 'like'; it's the same as calling them terrorists, unless you want to get into a 'blowjob' isn't sex discussion.

Sources: Joe Biden likened tea partiers to terrorists - Jonathan Allen and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

What difference does it make when I joined? Your source indicates that Biden denied using that word terrorism. He also has said he doesn't think the word is appropriate in your source. Guess you read whatever you want into things.

You must have graduated 'Propellor-Head Cum Laude' from a liberal college (ain't most of 'em?).
Figured you'd find a way to twist it.

Please show me how I twisted the article? Does it not say that Biden denied using the term "terrorism"? Does it not say that he stated that he does not think that word is appropriate? You need to stop listening to Sarah "reload", gun sights, "palling around with terrorist", Palin.

Yeah, hijacked....by racists.

Agreed like a certain CSA battleflag or a common name for Saltines. The difference here is the false angst being generated by those on the left about a term they've used themselves.

Of course, there are racists who use this term like this racist, ideological piece:
ttp://thedemocraticdaily.com/2007/01/10/the-tar-baby-strategy/]“The Tar Baby” Strategy | The Democratic Daily

After listening to both the short clip and reading this article, I do not believe racism or even racial insensitivity was involved. Simply a Congressman trying to make a point that being associated with certain policies can be a "sticky wicket".

ww.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/02/rep-lamborn-apologizes-for-tar-baby-comment/
Rep. Lamborn Apologizes for 'Tar Baby' Comment - FoxNews.com
DENVER -- Rep. Doug Lamborn's office says the Colorado Republican regrets any misunderstanding over his comments on a Denver-based radio show.

Lamborn spoke to KHOW-AM Friday. He was responding to comments about whom voters would hold responsible for actions on the nation's debt ceiling when he said he thought voters would blame the president.

Lamborn said: "Now I don't want to even have to be associated with him. It is like touching a tar baby and you get it -- you're stuck, and you're part of the problem now."

Some people consider the term "tar baby" to be a racial epithet.

Lamborn's spokeswoman Catherine Mortensen said in a written statement Monday that Lamborn simply meant to refer to a sticky situation. She says Lamborn sent an apology letter to President Obama.

It's not just the left that finds the use of this term offensive. You may be a Republican. But that doesn't give you the authority to speak for all conservatives. I bet there are quite a few that would disagree with you.

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

I agree. Apparently, a sticky substance is now offensive. How pathetic. That's what left wing whining about 'racism' has done. We now cannot speak in case some fucking moron creates some faux outrage. Pathetic jerkoffs.

I agree..

And Jungle Bunnies are just rabbits that run around the jungle
And Coons are just furry creatures that get into your garbage
And Spooks are just ghosts

Why is everyone so sensitive California Girl?

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

That's what you find troubling? i'd be far more concerned about the racist pos in office in colorado.

It wasn't a racist term until some fucking whiny assed left wingers decided to get all faux outraged about it.

Doesn't that ever tire you? People making shit up so they can be offended by 'racism' that isn't racism?

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

I agree. Apparently, a sticky substance is now offensive. How pathetic. That's what left wing whining about 'racism' has done. We now cannot speak in case some fucking moron creates some faux outrage. Pathetic jerkoffs.

I agree..

So you compare apples to oranges often?

Fucking idiot.

The term was not originally racist.... unlike 'jungle bunnies', 'coons' and 'spooks'.

Does it hurt to be so fucking stupid?

Considering asll the bullshit this government has put the people of America through calling obama a tar baby is the least of our worriers.

You have to be fucking moron to think that referring to a black person as a "tar baby" in any context is going to fly.

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

I agree..

Because our mommas done raised us right?

I agree..

Fucking idiot.

The term was not originally racist.... unlike 'jungle bunnies', 'coons' and 'spooks'.

Doesn't matter what it was originally, it matters what it is now. What Communism was supposed to be, and what it actually is, are two different things. If the term was a recent one, then sure, but it's orginal meaning was lost long before you and I were born.

I hate it when you're being disingenuous...you're too smart for that....

You have to be fucking moron to think that referring to a black person as a "tar baby" in any context is going to fly.

yeah, it is not the first time some idiot got into trouble for using that term. hahahah

You must mean Mittens who used it in 2006 which coincidentally was the same year Lamborn was first elected to the House.

How he forgot about all that is mystifying.

yeah, it is not the first time some idiot got into trouble for using that term. hahahah

You must mean Mittens who used it in 2006 which coincidentally was the same year Lamborn was first elected to the House.

How he forgot about all that is mystifying.

not only mitt, hahah.

apparently the term is used so much in certain circles that they think it flies on national stage.

I agree..

Fucking idiot.

Do tell California Girl? Why don't you consult your "experts"?

How is it not the same thing?

Was Coon originally racist?
How about Spooks?

I agree..

Fucking idiot.

Do tell California Girl? Why don't you consult your "experts"?

How is it not the same thing?

Was Coon originally racist?
How about Spooks?

..or spade....

Forum List

Back