Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

Considering asll the bullshit this government has put the people of America through calling obama a tar baby is the least of our worriers.

He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'.

Can we not at least get our facts straight before we argue about this bullshit?

I agree..

And Jungle Bunnies are just rabbits that run around the jungle
And Coons are just furry creatures that get into your garbage
And Spooks are just ghosts

Why is everyone so sensitive California Girl?

So you compare apples to oranges often?

Fucking idiot.

The term was not originally racist.... unlike 'jungle bunnies', 'coons' and 'spooks'.

Does it hurt to be so fucking stupid?

Do tell California Girl? Why don't you consult your "experts"?

How is it not the same thing?

Was Coon originally racist?
How about Spooks?

are spooks these slanty eyed guys who needed carpet bombing in the 70s?

Why do people keep trying to get Republicans to "pretend" to be sorry for racist comments? They are who they are.

This is a party based in the "home" of American slavery, the deep south, who were forced to give up their vile practice. Since then, they have lynched blacks, segregated and passed every unconstituitional law they could to harm these people. In the 60's, they left the Democratic party and became the bulk of the 90% of the Republican party that's white.

On the other hand, why don't Republicans just "come out of the closet" and tell America exactly what they think about African Americans? I think a little honesty is less confusing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6341HeJDgU]‪Richard Pryor & Chevy Chase - Word Association‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I agree..

And Jungle Bunnies are just rabbits that run around the jungle
And Coons are just furry creatures that get into your garbage
And Spooks are just ghosts

Why is everyone so sensitive California Girl?

Fucking idiot.

The term was not originally racist.... unlike 'jungle bunnies', 'coons' and 'spooks'.

How about Spooks?

He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'. He said being associated with Obama's policies would be like touching a tar baby (ie.... it'll stick to you - ie come back to bite you in the ass).

Fucking morons creating racism for the sake of political point scoring.... that's racism.

You have to be fucking moron to think that referring to a black person as a "tar baby" in any context is going to fly.

yeah, it is not the first time some idiot got into trouble for using that term. hahahah

Must be the first time in about 40 years

Again, for the terminally stupid, he referred to the policies as touching a tar baby. He did not refer to Obama as a tar baby.

Jeeeez, you guys (and I mean both sides who are saying he called Obama a tar baby) are so fucking stupid. It's no wonder the country's in such a mess. Y'all don't use the brain God gave you.

Fucking idiot.

How about Spooks?

He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'. He said being associated with Obama's policies would be like touching a tar baby (ie.... it'll stick to you - ie come back to bite you in the ass).

Fucking morons creating racism for the sake of political point scoring.... that's racism.

He shouldn't have said it. He's insensitive at best.

Fucking idiot.

How about Spooks?

How right you are....he didn't say Obama was a tar baby....he was like one

You need to consult your personal experts so they can explain to you about racist comments and 21st century America

Considering asll the bullshit this government has put the people of America through calling obama a tar baby is the least of our worriers.

I'm not arguing about What get's me is why this story is getting any traction and why anyine is talking aboiut it?

It's just a distraction Haven't you noticed lately that anytime something important is being voted on in Congress some bullshit like this happens?

How about Spooks?

Well, true.... he should have realized that fucking idiots would create an issue of it. But... frankly.... it says more about the disingenuous left than an individual who referred to policies as like touching a tar baby.

Brainless morons follow like fucking sheep.

Well, true.... he should have realized that fucking idiots would create an issue of it. But... frankly.... it says more about the disingenuous left than an individual who referred to policies as like touching a tar baby.

It has nothing to do with people making an issue of it. I don't see the point of ever using the word. and if you do, Obama and "tar baby" should never be used in the same paragraph.

yeah, it is not the first time some idiot got into trouble for using that term. hahahah

Must be the first time in about 40 years

Again, for the terminally stupid, he referred to the policies as touching a tar baby. He did not refer to Obama as a tar baby.

Jeeeez, you guys (and I mean both sides who are saying he called Obama a tar baby) are so fucking stupid. It's no wonder the country's in such a mess. Y'all don't use the brain God gave you.

Yeah, he's just LIKE a tar baby which is much different than actually calling him one.

Kinda how dealing with you is like dealing with an angry twatwhistle. I'm not saying you're an angry twatwhistle just that you are like one. See how unoffensive that is?

I'm not arguing about What get's me is why this story is getting any traction and why anyine is talking aboiut it?

It's just a distraction Haven't you noticed lately that anytime something important is being voted on in Congress some bullshit like this happens?

You mean we should be discussing something important like all your birth certificate threads?

I agree. Apparently, a sticky substance is now offensive. How pathetic. That's what left wing whining about 'racism' has done. We now cannot speak in case some fucking moron creates some faux outrage. Pathetic jerkoffs.

Clearly indicative of Americans’ ignorance of their Country’s history, Reconstruction in particular.

A central theme during the Reconstruction Era and well after was to de-humanize the Freedmen - the tar baby, Uncle Remus, and Jim Crow were all manifestations of that effort, thus justifying the Black Codes and segregation laws.

Lamborn’s ignorance of history is no excuse.

Affirmative action tries to make up for blacks lack of mental faculties.

More ignorance from the right; ‘affirmative action’ was never what you think it is.

Affirmative action was a hiring philosophy used by predominately white corporations to reach out to minority communities in an effort to diversify. It had nothing to do with quotas or hiring requirements.

In Regents of the University of California v. Bakke (1978), the Supreme Court struck down quotas and ‘numbers games’ with regard to minority hiring.

Oh right, so it would have been better if he had said touching a "coon" or "spook" or "spade"...Gotcha....

Unfortunately we live in a time where certain words have an certain association.

Just glad he didn't say Obama was niggardly (sarcasm)...:cool:

Yea, but, if you're gonna discuss the 'tar baby' shit, then kindly get the facts straight. Apparently, the left wingers here are incapable of doing that.

Forum List

Back