Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

He shouldn't have said it. He's insensitive at best.

Well, true.... he should have realized that fucking idiots would create an issue of it. But... frankly.... it says more about the disingenuous left than an individual who referred to policies as like touching a tar baby.

Brainless morons follow like fucking sheep.

It has nothing to do with people making an issue of it. I don't see the point of ever using the word. and if you do, Obama and "tar baby" should never be used in the same paragraph.

in germany we have scores of politicians who tried to make some kind of nazi comparison. this always backfires. but they don't learn. soon enough another politician will make a stupid nazi comparison and get in trouble for it.

it does not matter if it was a good comparison, or a fitting comparison.

if you want to keep your job as high-profile politician: don't use nazi comparisons.

same with the "tar baby". don't use that term, and stay out of trouble.

Last edited:
He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'. He said being associated with Obama's policies would be like touching a tar baby (ie.... it'll stick to you - ie come back to bite you in the ass).

Fucking morons creating racism for the sake of political point scoring.... that's racism.

Well, true.... he should have realized that fucking idiots would create an issue of it. But... frankly.... it says more about the disingenuous left than an individual who referred to policies as like touching a tar baby.

Do you think if he offered Obama watermelon and fried chicken this would all go away?

He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'. He said being associated with Obama's policies would be like touching a tar baby (ie.... it'll stick to you - ie come back to bite you in the ass).

Fucking morons creating racism for the sake of political point scoring.... that's racism.

you mean like sheep who defend racists?

it is beneath you to defend this. in fact, if anyone doesn't realize what a racist one has to be to use that term... and to accept it's use in regard to the president... well... i'd say such person needs to have a good long chat with themselves.

you can't blame people objecting to racism as being "sensitive". that's just bizarre.

or if he called a jew a ****, would that be ok, too?

it is beneath you to defend this. in fact, if anyone doesn't realize what a racist one has to be to use that term... and to accept it's use in regard to the president... well... i'd say such person needs to have a good long chat with themselves.

you can't blame people objecting to racism as being "sensitive". that's just bizarre.

beneath her?

don't you read her stuff?

in fact, if anyone doesn't realize what a racist one has to be to use that term... and to accept it's use in regard to the president... well... i'd say such person needs to have a good long chat with themselves.

Agreed.

beneath her?

C'mon, man, the Waffen SS were good dudes.

He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'.

Can we not at least get our facts straight before we argue about this bullshit?

I'm not arguing about What get's me is why this story is getting any traction and why anyine is talking aboiut it?

It's just a distraction Haven't you noticed lately that anytime something important is being voted on in Congress some bullshit like this happens?

You mean we should be discussing something important like all your birth certificate threads?

How about the new super Congress?
How about obama working under the radar for gun control?

It has nothing to do with people making an issue of it. I don't see the point of ever using the word. and if you do, Obama and "tar baby" should never be used in the same paragraph.

Why? Because he's black. I could not give a shit what color his skin is. It was not a racist comment. Simple.

He didn't call Obama a 'tar baby'.

Can we not at least get our facts straight before we argue about this bullshit?

I'm not arguing about What get's me is why this story is getting any traction and why anyine is talking aboiut it?

It's just a distraction Haven't you noticed lately that anytime something important is being voted on in Congress some bullshit like this happens?

Yea, but, if you're gonna discuss the 'tar baby' shit, then kindly get the facts straight. Apparently, the left wingers here are incapable of doing that.

I read the title and really could care less about the substance in the link. It's just a distraction.

beneath her?

ja. ja. idealisten! für gott und vaterland. for the children.

beneath her?

Liar.

Why? Because he's black. I could not give a shit what color his skin is. It was not a racist comment. Simple.

because it's offensive. I can't believe the guy didn't know it would be offensive.

He did not call the President a 'tar baby'.

Just like I have never said the Waffen SS were 'good guys'. It is dishonest to accuse people of saying something they did not say.

I wholly encourage you to use it frequently when you do business.

Should bring in the bucks.

When does treating someone differently cross from being "sensitive" into being racist?

Would we even be having this conversation if Senator Reid had said "Working with the Tea Party, giving into their demands, is like a 'tar baby'. My constituents wouldn't forgive me"?

Yeah..probably.

When you use racist terms..generally you get called on it. There was alot of Bruhaha with comments made by Biden and Byrd when he was around.

Apart from being the first black President..I've seen things happening now I seldom have seen in the past. Like bringing up national origin. I've never seen a white candidate referred to as an Irishmen, or Scotsmen, or Irish National..for the most part by anyone and in particular by more liberal candidates. It's off the scale with President Obama. Someone or another is referrring to him as a Kenyan..or Muslim.

And I have never in my lifetime seen a candidate's birth certificate called into question.

Never.

Yes, because he is black and it is racist to use it to refer to black people

because it's offensive. I can't believe the guy didn't know it would be offensive.

It is only offensive because stupid people are stupid. It was never a racist term, until it became convenient for the left to make it one.

He did not call Obama a 'tar baby', the term - in context - is perfectly valid.

This is just bullshit by the left who want to 'tar' others as racist.

Ooops, my bad.... I said 'tar'. I must be a racist.

Fucking stupid shit.

Forum List

Back