Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

Ali777

May 8, 2011
GOP Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado has apologized to President Obama for using the controversial phrase "tar baby" in a talk-radio discussion of the president's economic policies (specifically, "I don't want to be associated with him. It's like touching a tar baby and you get it, you're stuck").

According to the Huffington Post, the term "tar baby" has origins going back to an 1881 Uncle Remus story by writer Joel Chandler Harris and can be used to imply that a situation is difficult to solve. It has recently developed more derogatory connotations related to African Americans.

Lamborn, who has been called the most conservative member of Congress, was of course only familiar with the "difficult to solve" definition. And he's already decided that the president will accept his apology, telling the Denver Post, "I am sure that he will not take offense and that he'll be happy to accept my apology because he is a man of character."

The Tea Partier may be right. With a record of voting to the right of 96 percent of his colleagues on economic issues and 93 percent on social issues, Lamborn's poor choice of words (he says in retrospect that he would have used "quagmire" instead) reflects badly on his judgment and vocabulary (and perhaps his subconscious), but it's probably the least of the president's problems with him. Rep Apologizes for Obama Tar Baby Comment

Just what the Tea Party needs right now. The only thing I agree with him on is that Obama will probably accept his apology. I hope the voters don't.

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

I agree. Apparently, a sticky substance is now offensive. How pathetic. That's what left wing whining about 'racism' has done. We now cannot speak in case some fucking moron creates some faux outrage. Pathetic jerkoffs.

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

I agree. Apparently, a sticky substance is now offensive. How pathetic. That's what left wing whining about 'racism' has done. We now cannot speak in case some fucking moron creates some faux outrage. Pathetic jerkoffs.

:lol:

Tar baby is a racist term from waaaaay back.

Didn't you say you didn't like Racists?

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

- the term "tar baby" has origins going back to an 1881 Uncle Remus story by writer Joel Chandler Harris and can be used to imply that a situation is difficult to solve. It has recently developed more derogatory connotations related to African Americans

It was hijacked, like niggardly

- the term "tar baby" has origins going back to an 1881 Uncle Remus story by writer Joel Chandler Harris and can be used to imply that a situation is difficult to solve. It has recently developed more derogatory connotations related to African Americans

I DEMAND THAT NABISCO REMOVE THE WORD "CRACKER" FROM ALL OF THEIR BOXES OF RITZ....BISCUITS!!! :cuckoo:

Oh gosh..

"Hijacked"?

Back in my day there was no "hijacking". It was a derogatory term.

I DEMAND THAT NABISCO REMOVE THE WORD "CRACKER" FROM ALL OF THEIR BOXES OF RITZ....BISCUITS!!! :cuckoo:

Start a boycott.

Dare to dream! :clap2:

Oh gosh..

"Hijacked"?

Back in my day there was no "hijacking". It was a derogatory term.

Yeah, hijacked....by racists.

Funny - I hear the "N" word 400+ times a day on the radio/television.

By those it is supposed to infuriate.

Is that acceptable now?

May I feel free to use this word as acceptable in every day conversation?

I think not.

Basically I could care less if a person is racist.

But I do not want racists as legislators or leaders of the country, if they are using their racist beliefs to create laws or policy.

What's he supposed to be sorry about?
He supposed to be sorry that thin-skinned race-card-playing liberoidal pussies are offended at the drop of a hat.

I agree, when I call you a child molester, and Merry-go-round operator, I mean it, and I am not apologizing for it. You can just go fuck Calgirl silly, get AIDS and die.

Forum List

Back