Remind me why we had to extort $20BB from BP again?

Perhaps because the Exxon Valdez court case took nearly 20 years to finish?

So the President can unilaterally decide, without Congress or the Courts, to punish companies, is that what you want?

Are you sure that's what you want?

20 Billion dollars in an escrow account to pay for damages? I don't see that as "punishing" BP. I see that as making sure that they pay, and not appeal for 20 years like Exxon did.

The only thing damaged by the spill was Obama's credibility, his already nonexistent Executive skills and his respect for and understanding of our form of government

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?
"conservatives" USED to call it "Accepting Responsibility For Your Own Actions".

Try tellin' the fishin'-community, there, that there were "..a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else."

Try not to scream, like a little-girl, when they correct your perception-issues.​

So the President can unilaterally decide, without Congress or the Courts, to punish companies, is that what you want?

20 Billion dollars in an escrow account to pay for damages? I don't see that as "punishing" BP. I see that as making sure that they pay, and not appeal for 20 years like Exxon did.

The only thing damaged by the spill was Obama's credibility, his already nonexistent Executive skills and his respect for and understanding of our form of government

Yeah, fuck the fisherman and their whole damn industry and way of life.

It's the "Jesse Jackson Rainbow Coalition Corporate Shakedown Scam" write Very Large.

Instead of actually doing something to protect the coasts and marshlands from the oil, the Obama Machine went into shakedown mode.

How inspiring!
Yeah....and, BP was on-a-mission-from-God.

:rolleyes:

Wat.

Feinberg says BP hasn't put money in escrow account yet | al.com

BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. -- Ken Feinberg said today he hasn't been able to start writing claims checks because BP PLC has not yet deposited any money into the $20 billion escrow fund it promised to create.
Feinberg, who was appointed last month to administer individual and business claims stemming from the oil spill, held an early morning town hall meeting in Bayou La Batre on Saturday before meeting with the Press-Register editorial board in downtown Mobile.

feinberg doesn't even officially take over until aug. 10....

get better sources

And the livelihoods of thousands of fisherman, the entire gulf coast tourism industry, and countless dead animals.

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP

Obviously you don't listen to Laura Ingraham. She spent a good portion of her show each day for weeks crying for the birdies dying and unemployed people and just how horrible this disaster was. Of course, she was blaming the Obama admin for it instead of BP. So Frank, was it as bad as she and a few other talk radio hosts made it out to be or not?

Wat.

Feinberg says BP hasn't put money in escrow account yet | al.com

BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. -- Ken Feinberg said today he hasn't been able to start writing claims checks because BP PLC has not yet deposited any money into the $20 billion escrow fund it promised to create.
Feinberg, who was appointed last month to administer individual and business claims stemming from the oil spill, held an early morning town hall meeting in Bayou La Batre on Saturday before meeting with the Press-Register editorial board in downtown Mobile.

feinberg doesn't even officially take over until aug. 10....

get better sources

Prediction: $20 Billion becomes slush fund.

So you think that BP shouldn't have to pay to clean up their spill?

The taxpayers should just pay for it?

Is English not your first language?

There is a process in place for dealing with these types of damages. Obama felt that because this was the "Greatest Disasta EvAH!" we had to cast aside 230 years of jurisprudence to get the money from BP

The Exxon Valdez was handled through the courts, right? Why was this different? Is it because we have a President above the law?

LOL!!! What laws did he break? What he did is called "jawboning", a long-standing presidential tradition. BP didn't have to do what he said. They could have taken it to court. They acquiesced. CASE CLOSED.

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP

Obviously you don't listen to Laura Ingraham. She spent a good portion of her show each day for weeks crying for the birdies dying and unemployed people and just how horrible this disaster was. Of course, she was blaming the Obama admin for it instead of BP. So Frank, was it as bad as she and a few other talk radio hosts made it out to be or not?

No, I don't listen to Laura Ingraham.

And the livelihoods of thousands of fisherman, the entire gulf coast tourism industry, and countless dead animals.

Because Obama panicked and mis-characterized the spill? Even the NY Times admits the spill was almost a non-event

1. I don't listen to Laura

2. What does any of this have to do with Obama upending 230+ years of American jurisprudence?

Because Obama panicked and mis-characterized the spill? Even the NY Times admits the spill was almost a non-event

Yeah, that's not true at all.

A recent report by the U.S. Travel Association predicts the economic losses for Gulf Coast businesses and individuals could top $23 billion over the next three years
| Pensacola Business | Pensacola News Journal

I guess it's a non-event if you don't live there.

Forum List

Back