Remind me why we had to extort $20BB from BP again?

And the livelihoods of thousands of fisherman, the entire gulf coast tourism industry, and countless dead animals.

Because Obama panicked and mis-characterized the spill? Even the NY Times admits the spill was almost a non-event

Yeah, that's not true at all.

A recent report by the U.S. Travel Association predicts the economic losses for Gulf Coast businesses and individuals could top $23 billion over the next three years
| Pensacola Business | Pensacola News Journal

I guess it's a non-event if you don't live there.

I live here.... we have asshats like Aretha Franklin who cancels concerts because of the "oil". And others who don't come to New Orleans because of the "oil". Have these dipshits ever looked at a map?

And the livelihoods of thousands of fisherman, the entire gulf coast tourism industry, and countless dead animals.

Because Obama panicked and mis-characterized the spill? Even the NY Times admits the spill was almost a non-event

A recent report by the U.S. Travel Association predicts the economic losses for Gulf Coast businesses and individuals could top $23 billion over the next three years

How is a non-event going to cause damage over the next three years?

Obama 1.5 trillion deficit and 10% unemployment will do more damage to tourism that the spill ever could

So they had to project bullshit 3 years out to make the $20B look real, actually thanks for that

So you think that BP shouldn't have to pay to clean up their spill?

The taxpayers should just pay for it?

Is English not your first language?

There is a process in place for dealing with these types of damages. Obama felt that because this was the "Greatest Disasta EvAH!" we had to cast aside 230 years of jurisprudence to get the money from BP

The Exxon Valdez was handled through the courts, right? Why was this different?
Yeah.....a Republican Admin would have been much-more patient, with them. After all, BP had displayed such a sense o' trustworthiness. :rolleyes:

Are you nuts?

No. Are you? The U.S. Government, and rightly so, has been billing BP for all their costs.

BP still hasn't put any money in the fund. So, as of now, WE'VE been footing the bill.

Until BP pays up.

Wrong. The Government has been billing BP for its out-of-pocket expenses, and they (BP) have been paying. The $20 Billion is a fund for claims... the U.S. has not been paying these claims. BP has paid some claims.

I;m not sticking up for BP, just pointing out that the taxpayer is not footing the bill.

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP

Obviously you don't listen to Laura Ingraham. She spent a good portion of her show each day for weeks crying for the birdies dying and unemployed people and just how horrible this disaster was. Of course, she was blaming the Obama admin for it instead of BP. So Frank, was it as bad as she and a few other talk radio hosts made it out to be or not?

1. I don't listen to Laura

2. What does any of this have to do with Obama upending 230+ years of American jurisprudence?

You said, "The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle." All I'm saying is that many of the movers, thinkers and shakers on the right do say it was a huge disaster with major repurcussions for years to come rather than a few tar balls on a beach like you. Just find it odd that you disagree with them since most of your posts are the same talking points they spout each day.

So you think that BP shouldn't have to pay to clean up their spill?

The taxpayers should just pay for it?

There is a process in place for dealing with these types of damages. Obama felt that because this was the "Greatest Disasta EvAH!" we had to cast aside 230 years of jurisprudence to get the money from BP

The Exxon Valdez was handled through the courts, right? Why was this different?
Yeah.....a Republican Admin would have been much-more patient, with them. After all, BP had displayed such a sense o' trustworthiness. :rolleyes:

That would be has displayed.

No. Are you? The U.S. Government, and rightly so, has been billing BP for all their costs.

BP still hasn't put any money in the fund. So, as of now, WE'VE been footing the bill.

Until BP pays up.

yeah....so that means BP hasn't paid anything

:cuckoo:

the fund is seperate and is to commence on aug. 10

Are you mentally challenged? BP has paid bills submitted for the cleanup. They haven't funded the claims fund. Follow along... they are two separate issues.

I live here.... we have asshats like Aretha Franklin who cancels concerts because of the "oil". And others who don't come to New Orleans because of the "oil". Have these dipshits ever looked at a map?

Don't get me wrong, people are stupid.

But it's causing billions of tourism dollars to be lost, even if it's just because people are stupid.

Until BP pays up.

Wrong. The Government has been billing BP for its out-of-pocket expenses, and they (BP) have been paying. The $20 Billion is a fund for claims... the U.S. has not been paying these claims. BP has paid some claims.

I;m not sticking up for BP, just pointing out that the taxpayer is not footing the bill.

You're right. I'm not sure I agree that it's costing the taxpayer's NOTHING, but BP is paying.

The Exxon Valdez was handled through the courts, right? Why was this different? Is it because we have a President above the law?

Perhaps because the Exxon Valdez court case took nearly 20 years to finish?

So the President can unilaterally decide, without Congress or the Courts, to punish companies, is that what you want?

Are you sure that's what you want?
You mean....the same-way Cowboy Georgie took us to War?? :eusa_eh:

Until BP pays up.

yeah....so that means BP hasn't paid anything

:cuckoo:

the fund is seperate and is to commence on aug. 10

Are you mentally challenged? BP has paid bills submitted for the cleanup. They haven't funded the claims fund. Follow along... they are two separate issues.

are you talking to me? because i just said the same thing....that was my whole point

Forum List

Back